New Stadium for the Dubs - Spawell

Started by thejuice, January 19, 2017, 09:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Sorry to start another stadium thread.

I understand there is a move to build a 25,000 seater stadium next to the M50. Does this mean Parnell Park is up for sale if it goes ahead.

So where does that put the picture of stadia in Leinster? Navan is getting rebuilt, Newbridge too? Anyone else need a stadium? Louth?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

All seated?! Can some of the hoors not stand?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

All seater stadiums should be banned by the GAA, the atmosphere is bad enough at matches as it is.

Tha plans for Newbridge are only a new pitch, new dressing rooms and half a small stand and it will surely bankrupt the county board (and continue to bleed clubs dry as they are still doing to pay for Hawkfield).

Syferus

More all-seaters please. Thanks.

Just don't put them in the Pale.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: thejuice on January 19, 2017, 09:04:29 PM
Sorry to start another stadium thread.

I understand there is a move to build a 25,000 seater stadium next to the M50. Does this mean Parnell Park is up for sale if it goes ahead.

So where does that put the picture of stadia in Leinster? Navan is getting rebuilt, Newbridge too? Anyone else need a stadium? Louth?

Any link I thought this plan had been ditched and Leinster were favouring a 25000 seater redevelopment of Meath

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

manfromdelmonte

seafoid

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 20, 2017, 12:04:09 AM
All seater stadiums should be banned by the GAA, the atmosphere is bad enough at matches as it is.

Tha plans for Newbridge are only a new pitch, new dressing rooms and half a small stand and it will surely bankrupt the county board (and continue to bleed clubs dry as they are still doing to pay for Hawkfield).
Hawkfield sounds like the name of a death metal band
Kildare come across as more like a ballet troupe
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rosnarun

they should build a 25k  indoor stadium with 4G pitch
excellent for concerts and mini-major events as well
could   a home for south Dublin when the county is split
in other words if they are going to do it they might as well do it right
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: rosnarun on January 20, 2017, 09:31:57 AM
they should build a 25k  indoor stadium with 4G pitch
excellent for concerts and mini-major events as well
could   a home for south Dublin when the county is split
in other words if they are going to do it they might as well do it right

Dont be daft look at the money being thrown at pairc ui chaoimh which will result in 3 sides looking identical to whats just been knocked down. Thats GAA planning for you. Any talk of doing something sensible for a change is pointless.

Jinxy

I like the design of Pairc ui Chaoimh.
As to whether it should cost what it does, that's another thing.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

i agree  Pairc ui Chaoimh looks fantastic but the main problem with it is it in cork . no very handy for any else but them
Where as a small modern staium in south( west?) dublin is a different kettle of fish altogether . I dea for loads of qualifiers and Commerical  activity should well be able to pay for itself and even make money for the  poor put upon dublin county board.
one of the great things about the GAA is they go out and do things unlike other sports that whinge for years that no one is buying the new stadiums , not Evey minister can be John O'Donoghue
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Croí na hÉireann

Be interesting to see how they'll manage the tailback of cars trying to get off the M50 when there's a big match on.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on January 20, 2017, 11:11:06 AM
i agree  Pairc ui Chaoimh looks fantastic but the main problem with it is it in cork . no very handy for any else but them
Where as a small modern staium in south( west?) dublin is a different kettle of fish altogether . I dea for loads of qualifiers and Commerical  activity should well be able to pay for itself and even make money for the  poor put upon dublin county board.
one of the great things about the GAA is they go out and do things unlike other sports that whinge for years that no one is buying the new stadiums , not Evey minister can be John O'Donoghue

It's sad when a stadium big enough to host Connacht finals is 'small' for Dublin.

Rossfan

When all Connacht is amalgamated ( at the same time as Dublin is split) we can sell Pearse, McHale and Markievicz. Develop the Hyde with 25,000 seats and 25,000 capacity terrace.
Pàirc Sheàin can be used for League games.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM