Derry Vs Meath (up in Derry, not last Sunday but this Sunday, at 3)

Started by thejuice, March 17, 2016, 11:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

I'm not going to write anything about this game.

I just want Andy McEntee to be our manager.

Would he want the job though?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

TheOptimist

Tara Na Rí

Quote from: thejuice on March 17, 2016, 11:42:06 PM
I'm not going to write anything about this game.

I just want Andy McEntee to be our manager.

Would he want the job though?

Certainly a massive achievement by McEntee to guide a team that seemed to be underdogs in every game they played to an All Ireland. But wasn't he pushed out by the CB at the end of 2013? Would he want to come back? Personally, I'd love to see it happen. O'Dowd has done some good work for Meath football but I think when a better alternative is available, then we need to take action. There's going to be a lot of pressure from all circles to get this man back on board especially if we're relegated to division 3.
Meath Are Magic

thejuice

I know there was some sort of falling out with the county board as he wasn't allowed follow his u-18 team up the ranks to u21.

He's clearly proved his worth and the Ballyboden players think very highly of him. I think we should make a massive stink about it to try and get him back in, never mind relegation or not.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

O'Dowd is under massive pressure as a result of McEntee's success, but I doubt he will be able to get the team to perform when he hasn't up to now. Talking about being 'proud' and pleased with defeats might seem like backing the team to him, but it's just aggravating supporters even more. It reminds me of how pleased the Banty was with that draw with Carlow. It seems obvious that it's a question how soon he'll go now, and on that basis surely the sooner the better for all concerned.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Tara Na Rí

If that was the reason Juice, then I hope that the CB will back any plan or ideas that he may want to put in place. We need to support him financially too because we seem to be spending alot less than other counties.
Meath Are Magic

Jinxy

We need someone to get them fit and make them tough, both physically and mentally.
Ballyboden wouldn't have been the most talented team to come out of Dublin in recent years, which makes it even more of an achievement for McEntee to take them all the way.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Ballyboden were really fit though they didn't come across as being massively physical, compared to say St. Vincent's or at least that's how it appeared.

Estimator

According to today's Irish News the match is on in Owenbeg at 2pm.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Hardy

JoG2

Quote from: Hardy on March 23, 2016, 04:09:31 PM
This is Kiltoom all over again!

Owenbeg has the exact same pitch dimensions as Croke Pk, we're helping you guys get ready for an assault on the Leinster Championship !

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

Meath lead by a point at half time.

That's better. Big half time leads are lethal.

2-5 to 1-6 now.

thejuice

Hardy

So much for the half time theory.

About 15 mins left.

I don't know whether Healy-Rae as a minister or us back in D3 depresses me more.