Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 09:43:56 PM
Rewatching the match I see Tommy freeman got a wee headbutt in on Mc Guckin...

I hope you intend on pointing out all the Derry incidents too.

Incidentally, after watching the Mullen knee incident again, yes McManus had his arms around him but Mullen had his arm around McManus head while they fell, watch it again. You could say McManus had every right to tackle him because Mullen had him by the head...  ::)

Regardless of what happened in the build-up, to condone a knee to the balls is bullshit.

JMohan

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 09:51:30 PM

Incidentally, after watching the Mullen knee incident again, yes McManus had his arms around him but Mullen had his arm around McManus head while they fell, watch it again. You could say McManus had every right to tackle him because Mullen had him by the head...  ::)

Regardless of what happened in the build-up, to condone a knee to the balls is bullshit.

But we'll condone a rugby tackle?

JMohan

Actually - my money is on Doc getting cited for the kick to Clerkin off the ball

orangeman

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:55:37 PM
Actually - my money is on Doc getting cited for the kick to Clerkin off the ball

And after that my money is on a successful appeal.  ;)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:54:55 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 09:51:30 PM

But we'll condone a rugby tackle?

Would this be Fergal Doc's rugby tackle in first half? When he should have got his 2nd yellow and been sent off earlier than he did.

Schkite

Is it as bad as a knee to the balls?

As I say, I don't think it was a clear tackle as you say it is. McManus goes up to catch the ball, Mullen comes from behind and breaks it away, and leaves the arm around McManus's head. McManus wraps his arms around him and their legs get tangled and they go down. I can see how it can be seen as a rugby tackle, but McManus isn't a player who usually would be fit to do that and wouldn't try! Even if he did, you're seriously saying he deserved a knee to the balls for his efforts?! Alot of pulling and dragging goes on in alot of games, but as I said earlier you don't see a knee to the balls after every such incident.

sam03/05

Fergal Doherty and Mullan should both face suspensions for what they did.

JMohan

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2009, 09:57:11 PM

Yeh - tho the last time he didn't appeal - if I remember correctly

JMohan

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 10:01:21 PM

As I say, I don't think it was a clear tackle as you say it is. McManus goes up to catch the ball, Mullen comes from behind and breaks it away, and leaves the arm around McManus's head. McManus wraps his arms around him and their legs get tangled and they go down. I can see how it can be seen as a rugby tackle, but McManus isn't a player who usually would be fit to do that and wouldn't try! Even if he did, you're seriously saying he deserved a knee to the balls for his efforts?! Alot of pulling and dragging goes on in alot of games, but as I said earlier you don't see a knee to the balls after every such incident.

You see this is my problem

Everyone is now rushing to call Mullan a sc**bag and throw the book at him when the guy who started it and committed the first offense walks and the ref hasn't the balls to blow the whistle.
So the sum total is .... we encourage guys to pull players down and don't penalise them - but when the tackled retalitates we throw the book at him?

Something wrong with that.

orangeman

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 10:07:32 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2009, 09:57:11 PM

Yeh - tho the last time he didn't appeal - if I remember correctly

True - he should have that time.

the green man

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 24, 2009, 09:31:19 PM
As regards the posters who have been calling players on either side "scumbags" and similar they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I would have to agree here. These boys are like you and me, GAA players and members. Scumbags and tramps, they certainly arent.

balladmaker

One thing is abundantly clear following today's game...neither Derry or Monaghan will be climbing the steps of the Hogan anytime this year.

Schkite

Quote from: balladmaker on May 24, 2009, 10:12:16 PM
One thing is abundantly clear following today's game...neither Derry or Monaghan will be climbing the steps of the Hogan anytime this year.

I would agree, although before today I didn't think that either.

currychip

I was near the Miullan incident.  Saw it well.  Must say, I was definitely pleased.  The Monaghan man did the dirty on Mullan.  Mullan got him back.  The Monaghan man dropped like a bag of shite.  If you are going to dish it out you can't complain.  Didn't stop Monaghan, who were  low for so much of the game.   P Bradley was so abused for the whole game and unbelievebly got booked before the game ended, for zilch.

JMohan

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 10:17:08 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 10:11:02 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 10:01:21 PM

You see this is my problem

Everyone is now rushing to call Mullan a sc**bag and throw the book at him when the guy who started it and committed the first offense walks and the ref hasn't the balls to blow the whistle.
So the sum total is .... we encourage guys to pull players down and don't penalise them - but when the tackled retalitates we throw the book at him?

Something wrong with that.

I didn't call him a sc**bag/tr**p. He pulled a stroke which was far worse than McManus'. He should be suspended. McManus shouldn't be.
Stupid arguement you have. It's like me pulling your jersey and you chinning me and then saying "He started it".
Wise up.
You haven't obviously played the game much or at all at any serious level.

There are rules there - you let one guy get away with a stupid tackle and don't intervene and then expect Mullan to lie down with Mcmnaus on top of him?
In and Ulster Championship match?

Clown.

No one saying people are allowed to knee someone in the balls - but McManus can't drag someone down and whinge at the consequences.