Meath senior football

Started by Dunneroyal, May 06, 2024, 11:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunneroyal

As a Meath man it pains me to say but I think Colm may have to step aside after this year. Depending of course on how the remainder of the year goes. We finished in same position as last year in league Colm got his first ever win in a Leinster game at any grade while shifting 3-12 to mid table 4th division Longford and got destroyed by a Dublin team who didn't get out of first gear. The reference to Cora Staunton and the fact she called out the tactics against Dublin in league last year as been naive before throw in was worrying. It would appear that he's more concerned over a year later with what Someone said in his old job than what he and the team was facing is extremely worrying. Colm was one of the greatest players of all time but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be a great or even average manager. We have got the easier draw for sure in Sam race. And one would expect with the talent we have we'd beat louth 50/50 v Monaghan and put up a huge showing v Kerry in navan for us to qualify.  But I feel the management are not up to it. And we have a proven winning manager waiting in the wings in cathal O'Bric now of course he must be left to his own devices for the foreseeable. But at years end I feel Meath cb have to act. Before we end up like Kildare or worse.
Hon the royal

thejuice

Louths performance really put ours in a new perspective. I don't think O'Rourke would ever play as defensive as that but Louth seemed far more confident and composed than we were. This isn't a new Louth team or anything like that, largely same players we've seen over the years but the right coaching seems to make a big difference.

If we don't get O'Bric next then  I think we need to go outside the county for a manager. However I get the feeling the county board wanted O'Rourke and they'll give him another term if he wants it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dunneroyal

Quote from: thejuice on May 12, 2024, 11:02:28 PMLouths performance really put ours in a new perspective. I don't think O'Rourke would ever play as defensive as that but Louth seemed far more confident and composed than we were. This isn't a new Louth team or anything like that, largely same players we've seen over the years but the right coaching seems to make a big difference.

If we don't get O'Bric next then  I think we need to go outside the county for a manager. However I get the feeling the county board wanted O'Rourke and they'll give him another term if he wants it.
. That's my fear. The cb wanted orurke and from what has come out lately it seems the whole process was just a sham as Colm was in line to take over should the heave against mcentee have worked. Very bad form on behalf of the delegates.
It would appear that the beat interest of the senior team is not at the heart of Meath cb. They have a chance to redeem themselves and encourage Colm to leave . We are going nowhere under his style of management. Louth performance yesterday proves that without a shadow of a doubt. 
O'Bric is an excellent coach and while it may take him a year or two to undo what has been done it would be far worse to have him coming in to a situation like Kildare are in.
Hon the royal