Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Edwards

No surprise there Max,

I think last year the County fixed a Minor Match the same day as the U21 Championship match, resulting in 1 of the Minors no being allowed to play for the U21's namely Crozier, surely he would have made at difference, he is a very good club player,
That'll Be The Day

Ethan Edwards

Quote from: SlimShady on March 22, 2007, 12:45:50 PM
no, its a poor team picked by poor selectors. i could name a better u21 team with ease. yes, there'd be 4 or 5 of that team on that cant be ignored- Crozier, McCann, Hasson, McGourty but theres little else.

Go head Slim, name it, just for the craic,
That'll Be The Day

NICSSA

Windows was dropped off the squad, don't know why

aontroim

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on March 22, 2007, 12:57:38 PM
No surprise there Max,

I think last year the County fixed a Minor Match the same day as the U21 Championship match,

As is the case once again this Saturday - Antrim minors play Ulster League in Aghagallon before the same management have to get their way up to Celtic Park for the U21 game, and then Seniors play in Casement that evening.

Absolute disaster of an organisation.

Fr Ted

Speaking of disasters, i see the league fixtures are posted on the Antrim GAA site, matches fixed for nov 07.

Put on your thermals for that one!

slow corner back

Dont worry Ted the november games wont be played until at least January!!!

hightower

Would Timmy C have no say in what goes on or is he just a yesman,
is the Banagher manager not a selector as well slim

johnjoe

The Banagher manager did his three years with u-21`s. Year one lost by three in Crossmaglen without Magill, Paul Doc, and Karl Stewart, for different reasons. Armagh beat Derry by 14 in Ulster final, and win all Ireland.

Year Two, beaten by 7 pts in Omagh, no excuses.

Year Three, beat Fermanagh by 12, and withut Crozier and CJ lose by 2 pts in Omagh, with a point disallowed. Ulster title thrown away. Tyrone lose in extra time to Mayo, AI winners. Provincial and poss AI title screwed up by officialdom.

Timmy Connolly brought in by Delargy, and very popular with players. With Delargy he had a big influence on team selection, but apparently his opinions completely overruled by O`Prey this year.

Ethan, see Page 49 for a comment I made re the certainty that this team would have strong pro-St John bias, and I saw it coming a long time ago. Total shambles of a selection , and O`Prey can be ashamed of himself. As for him in todays Irish News trying to take credit for changing the mindset, what a load of shite.

What he has done is to send a team out on Saturday in the worst mental shape ever and I expect his inadequacies to be exploited on Saturday. Good luck to the players, they cant help all this going on around them. They can still put up a performance in spite of the management. Will be there to cheer the lads on, but I fear the worst!

mightysaffrons

would just like tosay crozier is more than just a very good club player....he had an excellent sigerson cup and with him beller and sean kelly(when hes back) in the half back line we would be extremely solid there!!!!

johnjoe

Re Club Minor Football.

Any Antrim clubs looking for a challenge against a right and decent Derry club team, this Sunday.

Kilrea will travel, or host.

What about your lads Slim, could you check it out, or anyone else. Thanks.

SlimShady

would probably have taken it but too late now. We 'train' on Saturday with a couple of games. I hear Moortown are looking about friendlies, think they played Rasharkin last night though cant be sure. they certainly asked us for a friendly a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: Surely this is a pisstake and you wouldnt try and give away your identity?!

johnjoe

Not at all slim. Have a good friend from Kilrea who manages their minor team, and has asked me to see if i know any Antrim clubs that would play them in a challenge.

Its just a straightforward football request, nothing else. I`ll get in touch with Fred Mc Vey in Moortown. Thanks.

SlimShady

sorry, i didnt read the 'minor' part. give me 15 mins and i'll get back to you.

rashCharacter

Will somebody post up the u21 team, try and use real names please.

How about giving the team a chance, a ball hasn't been kicked yet and o'prey is been slaughtered.

SlimShady

johnjoe, no word back- do you want me to PM you his number/name?