Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

SouthArmaghBandit

Blacksheep

Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

imtommygunn

Chris Lynch at corner back...

Sure he's an attacking half back or a defensive half forward!!

Cunningham and Close in one team are going to be hard to accomodate - maybe would make the stature of the full forward line a bit too small...

SlimShady

the only similarities between Cunningham and Close is that they are lefty free-takers. Close has more of a buzz about his play than Cunningham who i reckon would be a wilier oponnent.

milltown row

do you reckon there will be any diving on Sunday? ;D

SlimShady

milltown, i hear your good friend Culbert (or Michael as you call him!!) is taking a team a brave bit from home this year!!

must be quare travelling expenses  ;)

Ethan Edwards

Same old story, Joe Quinn at Midfield, I feel sorry for the full forwards with the supply this man gives they will be feeding off scraps
That'll Be The Day

milltown row

saffron sam2

Don't think it would matter what team we put out, Wicklow will be on a high with Micko's first league game in charge.  Genuinely can't see us coming close to getting anything out of this game, unfortunately.

Still number 28 is an interesting development.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

culchy1

always the optimist eh, thats coming from a person that calls themself saffron sam2!!

sure isnt it jody's first league game in charge aswell.
whats the point of the team going if we're a cert to get beat.
with that type of mentality we might as well just pull out of the ulster championship and concentrate on the tommy murphy!ffs. >:(

i do agree that no.28 among others are interesting inclusions!
cj, loughrey and the like. i wud have thought a couple more would have been on the panel, but i suppose u can only pick 28.
thought tomas mccann, justy crozier, benny hasson mite have got in there too, but their day will come.

Ethan Edwards

Just a few points - IMO
Sean McGreevey (Good Keeper) is a step back, Finucane just have been given the 1 jesrey
Sean McV & Tony Scul all good enough Club players but they are not Halfbacks at county level, Sculiion may do ok in the corner , his delivery is poor, Bell may do OK at  wing half but not at CHB
Joe Quinn - wont even comment
Paul Doc - Big Lad, doesnt use his strength enough - out of his depth at this level
A Gallagher - quick & Strong but lacks enough football skill

These are not personal attcks on these fellas , just points about football

PS I know this is only Jody's 1st League game
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

Sean McGreevey is probably still the best keeper in Ulster so should be in goals well ahead of Finnucane.

Who would you replace Scullion or McVeigh with?

Who would you have on ahead of Paul Doc?

ThatsTheFootball

my biggest concern about the team is the two corner-backs. both have never played there at club never mind county level! surely gault and ward are better options here