Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 1843210 times)

bannside

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #15450 on: November 27, 2017, 08:19:48 PM »
Great to see Dunloy showing real promise with the big ball. Obvious lot of work has been done there and of course you have Shean Elliott to come into that panel as well as Cathair Mc Guigan  who caught my eye at HB in last year's minor final. Hopefully those players will come back good and hungry next year for a crack at the A.

Regarding facilities yea we are well pleased. Thanks.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: November 27, 2017, 09:28:48 PM »
Dunloy have always had very good footballers. It's managing the dual thing they seem to struggle with.

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »

[/tt]
Should add that Randalstown were managed by their senior manager Damien Scotchy Hagan who is one of our own clubmen in Portglenone, having moved here a good few years from Moortown, having played for Tyrone for many years.

He is just one of five Casements clubmen who are managing presently at other clubs!
5? Scotchy mckeever Madden who else big kidd?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: November 27, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »
Yes Kidd at Ballerin...and Brian Burns at Bryansford. That's the former Down full back with 2 All Ireland medals . Married and settled here for 10 years now. Also (along with John Mc Keever) doing great work with our juveniles.

Welcome on board. Youve waited quite a while for your first post.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:09:31 PM by bannside »

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: November 28, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
Dunloy have always had very good footballers. It's managing the dual thing they seem to struggle with.

its hard to keep a fine balance at minor to U21 to senior level for both codes as the demands on the players is massive compared to a single code club. The majority of them lads have played minor hurling and football, U21 Hurling and football as well as county and schools on top of the that. the older lads have played senior hurling and football all year as well and are currently training with Antrim senior hurlers.

I know we lost the Minor B, U21b and intermediate finals but its more encouraging that we have made all of them along with wining the U16b county title. Thats 4 County finals as well as the 3 County finals in the hurling (Minor, U21 & Senior) so all in its been a very good year.

i dont think we struggle at all, its just not easy to win them all!  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

Pjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
I see from twitter Lenny was presenting at Convention last night. Anyone see the presentation or hear any feedback from the clubs?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: December 05, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »
I was there PJoe.  Lenny presented really well and urged club delegates to get behind the county team and encourage players to make themselves available. He came across as very organised and articulate (no surprises there) and has a plan for how he hopes to deliver it.

It's important the whole county gets behind him now. Though I was a strong advocate for JMKs bid, I also see a lot to like about what Lenny is doing and the way he is going about it. But more importantly the players are starting to say good things about the set up.

Pjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: December 05, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »
I was there PJoe.  Lenny presented really well and urged club delegates to get behind the county team and encourage players to make themselves available. He came across as very organised and articulate (no surprises there) and has a plan for how he hopes to deliver it.

It's important the whole county gets behind him now. Though I was a strong advocate for JMKs bid, I also see a lot to like about what Lenny is doing and the way he is going about it. But more importantly the players are starting to say good things about the set up.

Thanks BS. Hopefully we get clubs and players behind Lenny & team. And hopefully Lenny & team continue to build confidence inside and outside the squad. Not expecting to "build Rome in a day", however I hope we see some of this starting to transfer to on pitch performance and results too!

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: December 07, 2017, 11:38:42 AM »
See the fixtures for the McKenna Cup are out. We host Cavan in Glenavy and St Mary's at Woodlands after starting with a trip to Healy Park. Away to Tyrone....thats a daunting prospect to kick off a new managerial reign!

Galer

• View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: December 07, 2017, 05:55:02 PM »
Has woodlands had a revamp? Years since i was at it

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: December 07, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
Yes the top pitch is now 3g (or more likely 4G) and is floodlit.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: December 07, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
Space for about 40 spectators

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: December 07, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »
Space for about 40 spectators

Be spaces left then!

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »
Aye.. st Mary's would bring at least 40  students !

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: December 08, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
Good news that Woodlands gets a game, a very good set up.

Some of those who have left the place may want to see it again aslong as they don't insult the natives.