Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 1831770 times)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #15420 on: November 24, 2017, 07:57:21 AM »
Cargin are finished....according to some, so the Aggies may well prove a handful ;)

bogieman

• View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: November 24, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »
What about the 1.5million funding secured for coaching in Belfast which will free up additional coaches for SW and N.A. too. Or the new relationship with Casement Park social club which has raised over 60k in the last two years.

Anyone impressed with that? I definitely am!
Well that 1.5 mil is certainly a tribute to the endeavours of Dr Young in particular and certainly the SW and North will welcome any crumbs.
As for the Social Club....well our own in Cargin always provides without query or question.....

But the question posed is ....."the rights or otherwise of a newspaper or a scribe therein to tell, or even suggest a way forward for a body which they have always shunned or kept at arm's length"...?

Wow, you are a crier...
They report little on us, you moan, they report with an interesting enough article, you're crying. Like a baby. You'd ruin'd love when it is built anew...

Change is good, this is progress, why knock it - you need some vision man...
I must have a look at the back pages in the newsletter and sentinel to see progress

As regards rights, it is now a free country, maybe not state just yet, all of them should be encouraged to write about the gaa, in a positive way.

Ps. all publicity is good publicity, and free
Pss. misery makes sport to mock itself
The only way to make hurling more dangerous...
Give each player a loaded gun. -GA

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: November 24, 2017, 08:45:32 AM »
You come across as a very bitter man CB. Surely you can find a way of saying something positive about the developments taking place, delivered by the current regime, that are clear to see.

Go on, say something positive. It cant hurt that much!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: November 24, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »
You come across as a very bitter man CB. Surely you can find a way of saying something positive about the developments taking place, delivered by the current regime, that are clear to see.

He'd much prefer to be in Derry sure
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: November 24, 2017, 11:54:15 AM »

Jeez BS u need to start having opinion of your own rather than following the lead (bogieman).
Now why would I be bitter I ask you....sure I am from Cargin and always stand proud of my club's achievements both on and off the field.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: November 24, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »
u21b final moved to Sunday now.

will be at the game myself, fingers crossed we can win a first title at this level
hurl like f**k boi!

Saffs on Tour

• View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: November 24, 2017, 08:26:28 PM »
Great article in the Bel tel, delighted to see that even the challenging parties to Saffron Vision are fulsome in their acknowledgement of achievements to date re the Saffron Business Forum and the Belfast Plan which will kick in soon and be a massive boost to the whole county. Somewhat bizarre of course to lay all the credit at the door of the Ulster Council and Antrim county secretary, but it perhaps underlines a lack of knowledge of county structures more than anything else.

I remember Pauric Duffy not long ago appearing at a Q&A night at an Antrim club (perhaps St Galls?) and he was very clear in saying that a blank chequebook was not the way forward for Belfast and indeed Antrim as a whole. He intimated that once Antrim had the house in order at board level and came forward with a detailed strategic plan then HQ would fund accordingly. This plan alongside other developments are surely the start of the that and must be of great satisfaction to those volunteers who have made huge sacrifices to achieve them.

With no disrespect to the administration previous to Saffron Vision, themselves volunteers with their hearts in the right place, I have no doubt that this current progress would not have taken place had they remained in situ. A gentle reminder of the risks we pose to ourselves by opting for a return of the old guard.

And on that topic in general, aside from not being Saffron Vision, what are the policies/proposals of the challenging group?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: November 24, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »
Great post Saffs. No one in their right mind could argue with a word of that.

Galer

• View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: November 24, 2017, 11:48:41 PM »
Sorry to burst ur bubble but sv has only done what any comittee in any club/county is required.the old regime was that bad the would make anyone who tried look good. Il reserve judgement until i see proper infrastructure at all levels not just hurling in which seems to be there main objective.previous regimes have squandered plenty of miney before

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: November 25, 2017, 12:04:28 AM »
Sorry to burst ur bubble but sv has only done what any comittee in any club/county is required.the old regime was that bad the would make anyone who tried look good. Il reserve judgement until i see proper infrastructure at all levels not just hurling in which seems to be there main objective.previous regimes have squandered plenty of miney before

Have you applied for any posts this year?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #15430 on: November 25, 2017, 12:27:14 AM »
Aghagallon?

No disrespect of course.

Yeah Aghagallon. A few good minors and Un21s there. A system of play which suits all players and has been worked on over a few season.
Aye.

Well, we finally won an U21 after many attempts.
Build...keep building...put roof on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: November 25, 2017, 02:15:22 AM »
Aghagallon?

No disrespect of course.

Yeah Aghagallon. A few good minors and Un21s there. A system of play which suits all players and has been worked on over a few season.
Aye.

Congrats to rossa on winning u21 championship. Not sure of the Aghagallon reference.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: November 25, 2017, 02:55:34 AM »
Well done Hardstation that was a great minor team. Can't see you beat in under 21 either. Plenty of talent coming through your ranks. Challenge is can you bring enough through to senior level.

Well done HS. Some great players. Enough ammunition there to be a real force in Antrim Football for the next ten years.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:58:54 AM by bannside »

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: November 25, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »
Aghagallon?

No disrespect of course.

Aye.

And?

Fair play to Rossa, great work being done there.

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: November 25, 2017, 08:24:25 PM »
So Cargin have a new senior manager..........some would say 'clutching at straws'.... :)