Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3337547 times)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37410 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
Yeah I agree with development of all our grounds
He was talking about developing it as county ground until
Casement which I  didnít agree with.  Ballymena perfect spot
And should have been as opposed to dunSILLY
BUT from what Ive seen not much research done there

Cant argue with the location of Ballymena and general support for development there, I just cant see how it could be developed into a ground which could hold a big game never mind a series of them?

Cant use the main pitch across the road for any big games because of the lack of changing facilities. Parking is adequate for big juvenile clubs games but outside of that additional space is going to be needed for cars. Where does that come from?

I think it presents more problems than solutions and again it creates the arguement of developing one club's grounds while not doing others.

This is not a slight on the work carried out by All Saints in recent years against a backdrop of resistance, it has been a stirling effort.

I think if you check back on my posts around the time of the Rasharkin Lamh Dhearg fight, i expressed those concerns.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37411 on: December 06, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »

Cant argue with the location of Ballymena and general support for development there, I just cant see how it could be developed into a ground which could hold a big game never mind a series of them?

Cant use the main pitch across the road for any big games because of the lack of changing facilities. Parking is adequate for big juvenile clubs games but outside of that additional space is going to be needed for cars. Where does that come from?

I think it presents more problems than solutions and again it creates the arguement of developing one club's grounds while not doing others.

This is not a slight on the work carried out by All Saints in recent years against a backdrop of resistance, it has been a stirling effort.

I think if you check back on my posts around the time of the Rasharkin Lamh Dhearg fight, i expressed those concerns.

When one of our better referees was attacked?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #37412 on: December 06, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »

Its in a great location both in terms of road access and handiness for all of the county. It has space around it (i.e fields) to develop (i.e build stuff on). It would be the obvious place to develop a fanbase for our County teams. Every chance all saints would/have told them they're not interested anyway. 
Itís a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

exiledjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37413 on: December 06, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
While Ballymena as a town is a good central location for Antrim GAA, would the one road pitch access not be an issue if you were to have big attendance at fixtures? 
I know from my own experience the only way I have ever exited is to go back up the single lane road to the junction with the main road at near the rugby club and then head for the motorway. 
Would using B/Mena not mean that the majority of fans would all be exiting the one direction on the one single lane road?

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37414 on: December 06, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »

When one of our better referees was attacked?

Yeah.

saffron89

• View Profile
« Reply #37415 on: December 10, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »
Just felt Ballymena had a great location
Plenty of room, you pump in the money there that had been
Used for dunsilly.  All hypothetical now, but regarding access and
All the Shite surrounding dunsilly and space for parking
Anyway onwards and upwards

Take the point about Referee attack there, a
Disgrace and stronger sanctions required
Great to see eoin Elliot raise the profile
Of referees in Antrim 

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #37416 on: December 11, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »
Just felt Ballymena had a great location
Plenty of room, you pump in the money there that had been
Used for dunsilly.  All hypothetical now, but regarding access and
All the Shite surrounding dunsilly and space for parking
Anyway onwards and upwards

Take the point about Referee attack there, a
Disgrace and stronger sanctions required
Great to see eoin Elliot raise the profile
Of referees in Antrim

How?

saffron89

• View Profile
« Reply #37417 on: December 11, 2017, 01:55:38 PM »
Camogie final, think he was refereeing in Madrid showpiece  also
Pity he couldnít get hurling games Iíll take your point on that one
But then some say he comes across as being arrogant. 

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #37418 on: December 11, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
Camogie final, think he was refereeing in Madrid showpiece  also
Pity he couldnít get hurling games Iíll take your point on that one
But then some say he comes across as being arrogant.

Never mentioned his personality at all.

My point was more that he has gone down the camogie route which is his decision. Fair enough.

Not raising profile of hurling though.

saffron89

• View Profile
« Reply #37419 on: December 11, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »
Didnít say profile of hurling....

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37420 on: December 11, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
Refereed a few senior games this year I thought?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Sweeper 123

• View Profile
« Reply #37421 on: December 11, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
Still one of the best Hurling refs in Antrim & Ulster - thankless Job & i feel they should be better rewarded than what they currently get  (i.e. abuse)