Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3907856 times)

cfclg

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #38280 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
Dunloy are absolutely the favourites and rightly so, current league and county champions and unbeaten in 7 league/championship games against the teams that remain in the competition.

Why would anyone not want to be favourites, does losing hurt any less, do teams not try as hard?  I have no idea! My idea of favouritism is an assessment that if everyone plays to their absolute best, the favourite wins!

Dunloy will relish going in as favourites (albeit very marginal) itís a change from outsiders role we have performed the last 10 years.

Any one of the four teams can win this championship, next weekend promises to be a cracker!

I don't think so. St Johns aren't in that arena yet. Improving all the time but will be put away by Cushendall.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #38281 on: September 21, 2018, 11:10:40 AM »
Cushendall most improved team? How exactly?
they had the beating of a full strength Dunloy team with some of their main players missing

i left that game against Cdall in the group game relieved to have got the win and disappointed in our performance.

If the shoe was on the other foot and it had of been us missing players and only have lost by 1 point against a full Cdall team id of been quietly very happy with that.

Our footballers are out this weekend in the championship and we have 6 starters from that Cdall game involved with it so its a fingers crossed job we dont lose anyone for the Lgeil game.
hurl like f**k boi!

saffron123

• View Profile
« Reply #38282 on: September 21, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »
Cushendall v St. Johns Saturday 29th @ 4:30 in Dunloy
Loughgiel v Dunloy Sunday 30th @ 3:30 in Ballycastle

maxpower

• View Profile
« Reply #38283 on: September 21, 2018, 10:05:10 PM »
Cushendall v St. Johns Saturday 29th @ 4:30 in Dunloy
Loughgiel v Dunloy Sunday 30th @ 3:30 in Ballycastle

Mouthwatering fixtures

I have no idea why some rank St Johnís as complete outsiders, gave Dunloy all they wanted in last years championship, 2 years ago had Cushendall to the pin of their collar and put up a very competitive display against Loughgiel in this years group stage.

They need a few things to go for them but they have the potential to win a championship!
What happens next????