Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

Quote from: Under Lights on September 21, 2018, 11:08:56 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 21, 2018, 10:33:39 AM
Going to Omagh tonight with not a lot of optimism.  With 7 or 8 starters missing through injury, suspension or emigration we are up against it.  But anything can happen on a one of game.  ;)

You wouldn't beat Errigal regardless of your 7 or 8. TOWIE
Errigal is some team.  We might as well just give them the O'Neill cup and the rest of us forget about it.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 21, 2018, 11:42:21 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 21, 2018, 11:08:56 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 21, 2018, 10:33:39 AM
Going to Omagh tonight with not a lot of optimism.  With 7 or 8 starters missing through injury, suspension or emigration we are up against it.  But anything can happen on a one of game.  ;)

You wouldn't beat Errigal regardless of your 7 or 8. TOWIE
Errigal is some team.  We might as well just give them the O'Neill cup and the rest of us forget about it.

Naw, others will give them a game, just not Carrickmore

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on September 21, 2018, 11:37:37 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on September 21, 2018, 11:29:01 AM
haven't saw any indication that this game will be streamed live....
nothing on co board website

Teamtalk are doing a live commentary on their website I see

surely at this stage it wouldve been announced

I heard the CB were having second thoughts because of the negative publicity around the footage of last weeks Healy park game doing the rounds.

Typical thugs ruining it for everyone.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Under Lights on September 21, 2018, 12:07:56 PM

I heard the CB were having second thoughts because of the negative publicity around the footage of last weeks Healy park game doing the rounds.

Typical thugs ruining it for everyone.
Any injury's or missing players in the Errigal camp UL? Not that it's going to matter anyway....

PMG1

redzone

If omagh is playable it will give carrickmore a better chance. Mighten be as much in it as people think

Tyrone Gaa

Can't be true!! If there is any kind of melee all they need to do is turn the camera away from it (The way TV Companies now do if a streaker enters the pitch).  CB will still have Paddy Gervin from Brackaville filming the game for their own needs. 
Living the dream!!!

OffTheDeck

More like afraid of losing gate money

Tyrone Gaa

*************EDENDORK GAC STATEMENT**************

Edendork St Malachy's GAC would firstly like to take this opportunity to wish Sean Cavanagh a speedy recovery following a very unfortunate incident that occurred during Saturday's Championship Match.

We as a club would like to advise that we have been deeply disappointed by the aspersions cast upon our players and club in respect of this incident. It is quite clear that a blind trial by media has occurred in relation to this matter, causing the individual player and the Club a great deal of vexation. It should be noted that this was a collision that occurred during the course of play and in plain view of the referee and match officials whilst the ball was in play. No sanction or disciplinary action ensued at that time.

Edendork GAC would like to state firmly that it is the opinion of the Club and individual player that this was an accidental and unfortunate collision and we hold any suggestion to the contrary as being defamatory.

The Club wishes to add that they are gravely disappointed by any media publication linking this incident to an overarching suggestion of an endemic problem of violence in Tyrone football.

The Club warns that the individual player and club are taking legal advice in respect of comments published on social media inferring and expressly stating that this was a deliberate act. The Club and individual player will meet any inferred or express statement with the robustness required to ensure that the Club and player's reputations are protected.

The player involved states resolutely that this was not an intentional or malicious act but an accident. We as a Club support this position and ask that people take a few moments to think before casting any insult or contempt towards the individual player or the Club.

We hope this draws a line under what was a competitive encounter on Saturday against Moy GFC and emphasise that we hope to see Sean back playing for his club as soon as possible.

THEY WILL LOOK LIKE SOME FOOLS IF THE CB ISSUE ANY SUSPENSIONS!! TOOK THEM A WEEK TO WISH SEAN A QUICK RECOVERY. STATEMENT IS REALLY A LOAD OF BALLS.

MEYLER HAD IT SPOT ON IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PLAYER AND THE INCIDENT!!
Living the dream!!!

laceer

Typing in caps makes you look like a fool yourself.

It was a heavy hit that was deemed accidental by the referee, two linesman, 4 neutral umpires and a sideline official. The players involved have spoken, (as per SC) and the world continues to turn.

Tyrone people complain about the rest of the country taking their lead from the media/rte on matters relating to the county team. The uninformed reaction to this incident is as bad, and Tyrone people are involved.

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 22, 2018, 07:58:05 AM
*************EDENDORK GAC STATEMENT**************

Edendork St Malachy's GAC would firstly like to take this opportunity to wish Sean Cavanagh a speedy recovery following a very unfortunate incident that occurred during Saturday's Championship Match.

We as a club would like to advise that we have been deeply disappointed by the aspersions cast upon our players and club in respect of this incident. It is quite clear that a blind trial by media has occurred in relation to this matter, causing the individual player and the Club a great deal of vexation. It should be noted that this was a collision that occurred during the course of play and in plain view of the referee and match officials whilst the ball was in play. No sanction or disciplinary action ensued at that time.

Edendork GAC would like to state firmly that it is the opinion of the Club and individual player that this was an accidental and unfortunate collision and we hold any suggestion to the contrary as being defamatory.

The Club wishes to add that they are gravely disappointed by any media publication linking this incident to an overarching suggestion of an endemic problem of violence in Tyrone football.

The Club warns that the individual player and club are taking legal advice in respect of comments published on social media inferring and expressly stating that this was a deliberate act. The Club and individual player will meet any inferred or express statement with the robustness required to ensure that the Club and player's reputations are protected.

The player involved states resolutely that this was not an intentional or malicious act but an accident. We as a Club support this position and ask that people take a few moments to think before casting any insult or contempt towards the individual player or the Club.

We hope this draws a line under what was a competitive encounter on Saturday against Moy GFC and emphasise that we hope to see Sean back playing for his club as soon as possible.

THEY WILL LOOK LIKE SOME FOOLS IF THE CB ISSUE ANY SUSPENSIONS!! TOOK THEM A WEEK TO WISH SEAN A QUICK RECOVERY. STATEMENT IS REALLY A LOAD OF BALLS.

MEYLER HAD IT SPOT ON IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PLAYER AND THE INCIDENT!!

If I had to pick one club in Tyrone to run crying to the British legal system edendork would be one of the club's i'd think would Stoop Down Low Pretty quickly  ::)

LeoMc

Quote from: Localexpert on September 22, 2018, 09:09:24 AM

If I had to pick one club in Tyrone to run crying to the British legal system edendork would be one of the club's i'd think would Stoop Down Low Pretty quickly  ::)

Maybe they should just knee cap someone after a kangaroo trial.

square_ball

Quote from: LeoMc on September 22, 2018, 09:20:38 AM

Your own club weren't refusing British funding when you were looking that new hall built 'local expert'

Localexpert

Quote from: square_ball on September 22, 2018, 09:30:22 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 22, 2018, 09:20:38 AM

Your own club weren't refusing British funding when you were looking that new hall built 'local expert'

I already explained we paid for that when they gave us 2/1 to beat clonoe a couple of years ago the committee put the whole yearly membership on it.  Nice set of gates out of it too.

Ps I think you should both look up tongue in cheek!