Clarke not going back to Collingwood?

Started by Any craic, May 06, 2011, 08:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Aussie agent Ger Sholly says Marty Clarke is unlikely to return to the same AFL club if he decides to pack in the GAA again - http://bit.ly/lrBHGf
Sholly also names the one GAA player he never got for the AFL who he would have loved to have got.. you can probably guess...

ludermor

Conor Mortimor? He had a host of clubs after him but he chose to complete his 3rd level studies so that meant he missed out on 11 years.

NP 76

Hope none of the clubs in oz even enquire about Clarke we in Down are delighted to have him home class act . Martin Clarke is one of the footballers that most people enjoy watching . There is not that many of them about

armaghniac

QuoteMartin Clarke is one of the footballers that most people enjoy watching

Pah! If he wasn't playing in the Athletic Grounds I wouldn't miss seeing him at all.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PAULD123

Quote from: armaghniac on May 07, 2011, 01:58:15 PM
QuoteMartin Clarke is one of the footballers that most people enjoy watching

Pah! If he wasn't playing in the Athletic Grounds I wouldn't miss seeing him at all.

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked, 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.'

NP 76

like i said Most people like the quote Paul

armaghniac

So, was Marty in the Athletic Grounds? I didn't notice him.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

NP 76

Quote from: armaghniac on May 30, 2011, 12:18:40 PM
So, was Marty in the Athletic Grounds? I didn't notice him.
you obvivously spent your time on the phone checking out what way the champions league was going diffently not watching the gaelic[

outinfrontpod

I hear he might be going to the Gold Coast Suns franchise. How could u swap Kilkeel for that?

snoopdog

Best of Luck Marty wherever you go. Even when you have a quiet game you still manage 3 or 4 points.
Lit up the championship last year with some outstanding performances, and i have a feeling that you may have one or two more before the summer is out.
Major loss to Gaelic football as will young Caolan Mooney.

HeaveHo

Can't see him getting a regular game at Collingwood - much better players than Clarke are struggling to get a game for the Pies at the moment (Goldsack, Dick etc). He wasn't playing too much in the senior side when he left and can expect a lot of time in the VFL (reserve grade).

He would be better off at the an expansion club - he could make more than $500,000k at one of the those clubs and would be guaranteed a regular game. 

HeaveHo

This might come as a surprise but the best performing Irishman in the AFL at the moment is Pearce Hanley. His game on Sunday was super - he seems to be improving with every outing. The lad has some serious pace. Kennelly is struggling with injury at the moment, Setanta is battling away and none else is getting a game. I am surprised Tommy Walsh hasn't got a senior game yet - his form in the preseason was good and St Kilda were struggling with injury. He, like Clarke, should think about moving clubs.

Orior

How is Niall McKeever getting on at Brisbane (I think)?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

orangeman

Quote from: HeaveHo on May 30, 2011, 03:16:18 PM
This might come as a surprise but the best performing Irishman in the AFL at the moment is Pearce Hanley. His game on Sunday was super - he seems to be improving with every outing. The lad has some serious pace. Kennelly is struggling with injury at the moment, Setanta is battling away and none else is getting a game. I am surprised Tommy Walsh hasn't got a senior game yet - his form in the preseason was good and St Kilda were struggling with injury. He, like Clarke, should think about moving clubs.

Or coming home if he's not for getting a game ?.