Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take Your Points

Quote from: JimStynes on March 09, 2017, 10:45:18 AM
In what way? I was earning more than my wife but couldn't get a mortgage because I didn't have a permanent job at the time.

There are many like you across the country due to temporary employment being used as a strategy by employers in a range of situations.

manfromdelmonte

12:00 today, out the gap...

highorlow

Quote12:00 today, out the gap...

For 2 weeks...
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Avondhu star

Quote from: highorlow on April 07, 2017, 09:27:04 AM
Quote12:00 today, out the gap...

For 2 weeks...
Except for those doing the annual school trip (cheap wine trip) to France.
"Plenty room on the coach for a few more cases of Bordeaux Bridget"!
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Owen Brannigan

Well teachers, this is what Cavanagh thinks about teaching as a career.  It is being stated by an accountant.  I wonder what his team mates think about this given how many are either teachers, trainee teachers or going into schools as full time paid coaches.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/its-something-that-frightens-me-sean-cavanagh-says-players-will-regret-sacrificing-careers-for-gaa-35661795.html

Tony Baloney

Teaching is a handy number shocker. Hardly news.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 28, 2017, 10:01:50 AM

I take it your wife isnt reading that post?  ;D

Our club is full of teachers, cant remember a team that didnt have at least 2/3 teachers on each senior team, I'd imagine most clubs are like that but they dont do it because they play GAA....

A teacher can earn a hell of a lot more money if they left and got another job (non teaching)

But its the perks of summer hols, ability to be off when the kids are off, no real child care required once they are in primary school, a better pension than most and if you're half decent at your job its a job for life..... promotions within if you like a heavey workload and free ski trips  ;) Yes private sector jobs pay better, but a lot more uncertainity...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

He says it is a worrying trend. I don't know why he'd be worried about it. If they decided to not work and deal drugs to have flexible hours then he'd have something to worry about.

Milltown Row2

I think its the lack of talent going into the private sector rather than what he thinks wasting their time and skills on teaching!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2017, 01:35:22 PM
I think its the lack of talent going into the private sector rather than what he thinks wasting their time and skills on teaching!
I've yet to meet a teacher that is a loss to the private sector  ;D  I hope my missus isn't a secret lurker on this board. Maybe she's The Stallion.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 28, 2017, 01:55:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2017, 01:35:22 PM
I've yet to meet a teacher that is a loss to the private sector  ;D  I hope my missus isn't a secret lurker on this board. Maybe she's The Stallion.
Hope she's not a (night)mare anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2017, 01:00:11 PM

Our club is full of teachers, cant remember a team that didnt have at least 2/3 teachers on each senior team, I'd imagine most clubs are like that but they dont do it because they play GAA....

A teacher can earn a hell of a lot more money if they left and got another job (non teaching)

But its the perks of summer hols, ability to be off when the kids are off, no real child care required once they are in primary school, a better pension than most and if you're half decent at your job its a job for life..... promotions within if you like a heavey workload and free ski trips  ;) Yes private sector jobs pay better, but a lot more uncertainity...

What non teaching job could they get?

mrdeeds

Accountancy, scientific, recruitment, IT, carpentry etc... Depends on degree and level of experience.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 28, 2017, 09:02:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2017, 01:00:11 PM

Wife started out as tax consultant went to teaching... degree in math

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on April 28, 2017, 09:02:48 PM
You could be a travel blogger... You certainly like everyone on facebook to know you were in Vegas last week!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.