Playstation 3 or Playstation 4

Started by Norf Tyrone, November 06, 2013, 02:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Hopefully a few gamers here can offer advice.

The young fella is looking a PS4 for Christmas, but from what I read (Understand) the PS3 will be as good a job. From what I understand there is major advantage of the 4 over the 3, especially for newer game players.

The reason he wants the PS4 is essentially for Minecraft. However I know that there is a planned release of Minecraft on the PS3 but there is no release date mentioned yet.

In simple terms why should I buy a PS4 over a PS3?

Note, that I know the PS3 is cheaper, and I have also a nephew with a stack of games for the PS3 that he will have access to. I don't think these games are compatible with the PS4.

Thanks from a gaming ignoramus.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

RandyDupree

ps4. once the ps4 is released there will be a short overlap period where they will still release games for ps3, but once that ends, then the ps3 can be considered useless. Games will continue to be released for the ps4 for at least another 7/8 years as it's brand new and can be considered a long term investment.

The novelty of minecraft will soon wear off and all these new brilliant games will be released for ps4 and you dont want to be stuck looking at your old fashioned ps3 which wont have the option of these games, trust me.

I know these things are expensive but the youngsters definitely get the use out of them.

ps. make sure you dont buy him a microphone to go along with it or you'll find him screaming the house down.

Eamonnca1

Attention people posting on this thread about gaming:

I have no interest in gaming.

Carry on.

trileacman

We're at the new generation cross over in gaming again and I'd go with ps4.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

PS4 but be aware there's no backwards compatibility with PS3 games.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on November 06, 2013, 07:34:32 PM
We're at the new generation cross over in gaming again and I'd go with ps4.
+1. X-Box and Sony are making the leap so if there is an option and the funds are available for a PS4 then go for it.

Norf Tyrone

Thanks all.

Now to try and order a PS4 in time!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Aristo 60

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 06, 2013, 06:38:24 PM
Attention people posting on this thread about gaming:

I have no interest in gaming.

Carry on.

Ah but your feline friend has his "turtle beach" headset on - you must be a closet gamer!

oakleaflad

Leading on from this is there much of a difference in the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One? I hear the Xbox is to be a bit dearer so is it worth the extra price? Do they release all the same games on both? Thanks in advance.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 07, 2013, 08:10:41 PM
Leading on from this is there much of a difference in the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One? I hear the Xbox is to be a bit dearer so is it worth the extra price? Do they release all the same games on both? Thanks in advance.
Use google you bollox  ;) Trusted Reviews to the rescue...
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4