Hotels in Dublin

Started by Norf Tyrone, May 13, 2013, 06:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Looking for some help. I'm taking the family to Dublin for a few days in July. Can anyone recommend family friendly hotels that won't rob me blind?

I see Travel Lodge in Pheonix Park for £60 for 2 nights, which is very cheap. However I am not sure of the quality as it gets mixed reviews. Anyone use it before?

I don't mind paying a wee bit extra for a bit more quality, comfort, cleanliness etc!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

The Ashling Hotel is good and in a decent location.
Never stayed myself but members of my family have now and again and they seem to like it.
http://www.ashlinghotel.ie

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Is that the one with the hookers outside it? Allegedly.

Are you looking for things to do in the hotel Norf, or just a base to go from? We stayed in the Clarion out near Liffey Valley and it was grand, but there wasn't much in the way of kids clubs or anything. There is a pool and a playground though....

http://www.clariondublinliffeyvalley.com/

Also stayed in various Bewleys, Leopardstown and Airport, and again they are fairly functional but clean and cheap.

Shamrock Shore

Depends Norf.

I would suggest Bewleys in Leopardstown where the Luas is a 10 minute walk away or Bewleys in Ballsbrige where the DORT is close by. Luas and DART handy to get into town.

The Leopardstown Bewleys is easy to get to - if you exit Exit 14 on the M50 you can't miss it.

Norf Tyrone

its a base really to stay, but most nights will be back early because kids are young. Need somewhere that is functional but even if there was somewhere to take them around the area at night like cinema or bowling to pass an hour before bed! Hoping to head to tayto park and zoo the usual stuff.. any recommendations would be gratefully accepted. Thanks

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2013, 07:16:19 PM
Is that the one with the hookers outside it? Allegedly.

Are you looking for things to do in the hotel Norf, or just a base to go from? We stayed in the Clarion out near Liffey Valley and it was grand, but there wasn't much in the way of kids clubs or anything. There is a pool and a playground though....

http://www.clariondublinliffeyvalley.com/

Also stayed in various Bewleys, Leopardstown and Airport, and again they are fairly functional but clean and cheap.

jaysus sure I could have given you B&B if you were as near as the Clarion.
I do a fine fry up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 13, 2013, 07:26:46 PM
its a base really to stay, but most nights will be back early because kids are young. Need somewhere that is functional but even if there was somewhere to take them around the area at night like cinema or bowling to pass an hour before bed! Hoping to head to tayto park and zoo the usual stuff.. any recommendations would be gratefully accepted. Thanks
The Clarion out around Liffey Valley might do you so. I just clicked on that link and it looks like they are doing a bit more stuff in the hotel for kids and teens. The Zoo is close enough there, and Tayto Park too, and it looks like they do some sort of deal from the hotel. I think there's a cinema in Liffey Valley too.

gerrykeegan

How old are the kids NT? Zoo is great, pricey mind you, much improved over the last few years. .Tayto park the same. Check out piratevillage.ie it moves around the shoppingcentre's (currently in liffey valley) my kids 4 and 6 love it. National history museum is great (free) its on merrion square. Newbridge house out past the airport has a farm and a huge playground with lovely walks. The aquatic centre is very good also, near blanchardstown. Pheonix park has good payground in it.

The only thing I can say about the travellodge is, it is beside a halting site
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

muppet

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 13, 2013, 07:26:46 PM

If you stay somewhere near the DART you can easily take a nice trip to Bray for half a day or more. They have an Aquarium which is good for small kids and loads of good places to eat. Pray for no rain though.

http://www.visitsealife.com/Bray/
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Ashling's a grand spot Norf, and the ladies of the night have moved on at this stage (allegedly  ;)) -- beside Phoenix Park (and the Zoo, etc.), and right on the Luas. 

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Castleknock Hotel - brilliant spot, near zoo, has pool and play area, close to Blanchardstown for cinema and train from Castleknock station into town. Just off m50 too.

Really like the place, great for families. A well known former fruit and veg supplying family in the parish all went there with kids recently, plus my sis took hers on hols there too.

Possibly kids club in summer.

Hardy

Quote from: Rois on May 13, 2013, 11:13:33 PM
Castleknock Hotel - brilliant spot, near zoo, has pool and play area, close to Blanchardstown for cinema and train from Castleknock station into town. Just off m50 too.

Really like the place, great for families. A well known former fruit and veg supplying family in the parish all went there with kids recently, plus my sis took hers on hols there too.

Please!

Bingo

Quote from: Rois on May 13, 2013, 11:13:33 PM

Came in to say this place. Stayed there midweek a few years back and got a good deal on family rooms - two ajoining rooms, plenty of space. Plus hotel is spacious, inside and out and has a golf course beside. Seems to have good deals on a regular basis. Has a pool as well.

Its a great base for the Zoo, Phoenix park and other places for the kids.

I'd also recomeend http://imaginosity.ie/ for the kids. Its just past Dundrum and a great place, booking may be needed if at weekend.

Stall the Bailer

Would also recommend the Castleknock, very good hotel.

Norf Tyrone

Thanks everyone. The Castleknock appears to be the spot!

Rois love the way you protect the board over any legal bias by not mentioning 'a well known former fruit and veg supplying family' by name.
Other fruit suppliers are available etc etc!

;D