What Electricity Supplier?

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 11, 2012, 06:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Thinking about changing my electricity supplier from NIE after a doorstep sell from Budget energy.

It states that their unit price is 14p, with NIE (Power NI) at 16.29p. Airticity is 15.1p.

Anyone made the switch? Any thoughts?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Maguire01

We switched to Airtricity last year. It's no hassle and if it's a cheaper tariff, it's a no-brainer.

Minder

Th savings do seem to be nominal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Harold Disgracey

Was told by a reputable energy advice person to switch to budget electric a few weeks ago, he had switched to airtricity a while ago so couldn't switch himself. He also mentioned that unlike airtricity, budget electric cover commercial properties and that I should get my club to switch suppliers. I'm not on the committe this year so I don't know whether or not they switched.

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2012, 08:22:50 PM
Th savings do seem to be nominal.
Even so, why pay more than you have to? Especially when it's simply a matter of a phone call.

Sigersonbhoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2012, 06:23:08 PM
Thinking about changing my electricity supplier from NIE after a doorstep sell from Budget energy.

It states that their unit price is 14p, with NIE (Power NI) at 16.29p. Airticity is 15.1p.

Anyone made the switch? Any thoughts?
I changed to Budget energy about 6 months ago and have no complaints about them. I'd now be putting £20 in every 8 days rather than every 7 with Nie, 50 odd days of electric free per year justifies it for me.

Mayo4Sam

If your in the Belfast area you should switch gas supplier from Pheonix to Firmus
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Minder

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 11, 2012, 11:16:27 PM
If your in the Belfast area you should switch gas supplier from Pheonix to Firmus

I did so recently.

Tony Baloney

Did Firmus not increase their prices by 35% after roping in punters last year based on a price promise that they would undercut Phoenix?

Mayo4Sam

As far as I know they're still undercutting Pheonix. Be in no doubt they'll increase their prices at some stage but for the time being Firmus is the way to go
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

BenDover

Made the switch to Budget Energy myself a few months back, easy to do and I can notice the difference on the meter. Better in my pocket than in NIE's

LeoMc

Anyone got any contact details for this Budget crowd.
Nothing coming up on google. :-[

Minder

LeoMc

Quote from: Minder on January 12, 2012, 09:06:16 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on January 12, 2012, 09:04:14 PM
Anyone got any contact details for this Budget crowd.
Nothing coming up on google. :-[

http://www.budgetenergy.co.uk/
http://www.budgetenergy.co.uk/Contact-Us.aspx

Cheers, I had been searching for Budget Electric (thats what I get listening to Harold).