Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Around 3k in the Hyde yesterday.
Probably 4 from Cork :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Unlaoised

Said there was 4800 in Carlow Sunday but that didn't include about 1000 that they let in for nothing when the que was still outside and the game had started....

Man on the gate used common sense!!! ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2018, 11:04:21 PM
Those 4?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2018, 10:41:59 PM
How are those Dublin figures holding up compared to previous years?

I'd say for the run of the mill games they are probably up. Seem to have gotten over 20,000 for them all, in some of the previous years they'd have been between 15 and 20k. Definitely makes sense to play them there when Parnell Park holds less than half of that. It's just a pity they don't have a 30,000 stadium that they could aim to fill for all the games.

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 27, 2018, 03:17:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2018, 11:04:21 PM
Those 4?

Funnily enough I saw no sign of them bucks.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 29, 2018, 08:22:52 AM

I'd say for the run of the mill games they are probably up. Seem to have gotten over 20,000 for them all, in some of the previous years they'd have been between 15 and 20k. Definitely makes sense to play them there when Parnell Park holds less than half of that. It's just a pity they don't have a 30,000 stadium that they could aim to fill for all the games.

They are down so, the Spring series use to regularly bring in 30+, 40K+ a good few times. Only natural I suppose.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

We might let them use Navan when it's finished.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 29, 2018, 10:35:58 AM

They are down so, the Spring series use to regularly bring in 30+, 40K+ a good few times. Only natural I suppose.

It always depended on the opponents etc. The first  game as All Ireland champions used to get good crowds when marketed. Other than that the games v Tyrone or Mayo for example always got decent crowds. But plenty of other games ranged from around 17-22k.

The last time Monaghan played Dublin in 2016 there was 17k at it so the crowd was up on the same fixture 2 years ago.

Dinny Breen

Pity there is no database for NFL fixtures, results, teams, scorers, ground, attendance etc.
#newbridgeornowhere

Gael85

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 29, 2018, 11:06:50 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 29, 2018, 10:35:58 AM

It always depended on the opponents etc. The first  game as All Ireland champions used to get good crowds when marketed. Other than that the games v Tyrone or Mayo for example always got decent crowds. But plenty of other games ranged from around 17-22k.

The last time Monaghan played Dublin in 2016 there was 17k at it so the crowd was up on the same fixture 2 years ago.

There was a full round of club games last sunday morning/afternoon in Dublin which meant a lot of supporters were missing

slippery dodger

In fairness to Dublin this year they haven't had the marquee matchups in Croke Park with Monaghan and Kildare compared to a Mayo or Tyrone. They were unlucky with the Kerry game too as it was postponed and moved to a Sunday. Today's crowd will tell a lot on the attendances this year but again Galway won't bring out your average Dub like a Kerry or Mayo would. Roscommon and Cavan look to have brought a healthy crowd today which will help the figure.

slippery dodger

12,006 attendance at Semple Stadium last night

tippabu

Quote from: slippery dodger on April 01, 2018, 02:37:33 PM
In fairness to Dublin this year they haven't had the marquee matchups in Croke Park with Monaghan and Kildare compared to a Mayo or Tyrone. They were unlucky with the Kerry game too as it was postponed and moved to a Sunday. Today's crowd will tell a lot on the attendances this year but again Galway won't bring out your average Dub like a Kerry or Mayo would. Roscommon and Cavan look to have brought a healthy crowd today which will help the figure.

They are all in Lansdowne watching "our national game", "the peoples game";)

From the Bunker

Todays attendance in @CrokePark was 36,574 #AllianzLeague

Nice little earner for the GAA. Their Golden Goose keeps laying the Golden eggs!

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 01, 2018, 09:02:23 PM
Todays attendance in @CrokePark was 36,574 #AllianzLeague

Nice little earner for the GAA. Their Golden Goose keeps laying the Golden eggs!

Modest enough crowd for a double bill with Dublin involved.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B