New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 14, 2022, 09:31:23 PM
Any recommendations out there on best non-suv car with three child seats capability?
Nope, you will have to embrace the SUV. I've told myself I'll have two of them (family cars), run them into the ground, then back to a convertible.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rois on July 15, 2022, 02:24:26 PM
Any recommendations out there on best non-suv car with three child seats capability?
Nope, you will have to embrace the SUV. I've told myself I'll have two of them (family cars), run them into the ground, then back to a convertible.

No, then you'll have to buy a Nissan Micra to get them inusred to drive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Renault Scenic isn't really a SUV and will take 3 car seats across the back. We've had one for about 5 years and never let us down.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RadioGAAGAA

Vw touran?
i usse an speelchekor

Aristo 60

Ok thanks for suggestions

Turf

When we were growing up 4 of us were put in the back of a Jetta not a child seat in sight. Mad when you think about it.

illdecide

Guys going for a car today or tomorrow. price is £14995. What is a realistic price to offer?. I know there's not much to bargain with as these cars are fairly tight with price these days. Would they accept a £14500 straight up?. It a Golf so popular car and they'd prob have no bother shifting it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

general

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 15, 2022, 05:44:27 PM

Vw touran?

ive an Audi a6 estate that can fit 3 car seats (isofix in passenger and 2 in back)

general_lee

Quote from: illdecide on July 18, 2022, 10:05:21 AM
Guys going for a car today or tomorrow. price is £14995. What is a realistic price to offer?. I know there's not much to bargain with as these cars are fairly tight with price these days. Would they accept a £14500 straight up?. It a Golf so popular car and they'd prob have no bother shifting it
Who you buying from? If it's one of the smaller private dealers they could well accept your offer. I bought off a private dealer 3 years ago and he threw in the "optional" 20 inch alloys that usually cost an extortionate amount (prob cos I hmmed and haaed for about an hour and wanted me gone). Not sure about what the state of affairs is now, I always thought that cash was no longer king and they preferred roping people in on pcp, hire purchase etc as it meant more commission for them off the finance companies.

The Mrs bought a car from Charles hurst last month and the salesman said they've been flat out post covid and that they have made up for any lost trade and then some, so if you're buying off the likes of them they might not allow too much wiggle room

illdecide

It's a small garage in Bangor (Fusco). If I make the journey it's not to tyre kick so once i jump on that train i'm kinda committed. I was speaking to a friend of mine who works in Agnew's and he said if you get £150 of it i'll be doing well as they're cut that tight now, everyone is watching the internet like a hawk and keeping prices in tow with everyone else...

Jeepers Creepers

all they can is no? Go in at 14,500

general

Quote from: illdecide on July 18, 2022, 11:16:13 AM
It's a small garage in Bangor (Fusco). If I make the journey it's not to tyre kick so once i jump on that train i'm kinda committed. I was speaking to a friend of mine who works in Agnew's and he said if you get £150 of it i'll be doing well as they're cut that tight now, everyone is watching the internet like a hawk and keeping prices in tow with everyone else...

in at 14500 surely and insist they give u the premium warranty (sold for £300 by them).

if they dont budge on cost then you will get the warranty (unless they know something you dont about the car) then id be thinking twice!

illdecide

I couldn't be bothered driving to Bangor...spotted another similar car but only 20,000 miles on it but paid £1.2k more for it. Deal was done...

Rois

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 18, 2022, 06:42:47 AM
Ok thanks for suggestions
Which one of you is changing?
Isn't it mad to think you can't get a regular car with 3 kids, given what Turf said about when we were younger?
When my sis hit 3 kids, her husband just gave in and got a 7 seater so they could take friends too.

nrico2006

My car is just past 3 years old and out of warranty now. Just wondering if I should persist with the dealer services (to get the electronic service history logged) or just go to a local mechanic? Dealer is £350 odd, local man obviously a lot cheaper. How big of a factor to the car value in the future is having the dealer service history versus paper bill/receipt? from local fella
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'