gallsman

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 06, 2022, 08:50:31 PM
Anyone have family car like below

- Volvo XC60
- Audi Q5
- VW Tiguan
- Nissan Quashqai

Anyone recommend one at the moment? Will be second hand obvs

Have the Skoda Karoq which is about 97% Tiguan. Highly recommend it. Friend absolutely loves his Tiguan. Another has a Peugeot 3008 which he loves too.

trueblue1234

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 06, 2022, 08:50:31 PM
Anyone have family car like below

- Volvo XC60
- Audi Q5
- VW Tiguan
- Nissan Quashqai

Anyone recommend one at the moment? Will be second hand obvs

Got an XC60. Nice car. No issues with it and had it bout 4 years now. OK on diesel for a SUV. Decent size boot.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rois

Got a Q5. Happy with boot space, fits the double decker pram and luggage for weekends away.
Drive is fine (2.0 petrol Quattro) but mpg is about 35/40 on longer drives so not great. Only have it a few months.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rois on June 06, 2022, 09:47:20 PM
Got a Q5. Happy with boot space, fits the double decker pram and luggage for weekends away.
Drive is fine (2.0 petrol Quattro) but mpg is about 35/40 on longer drives so not great. Only have it a few months.

35/40 isnt too bad for an SUV to be fair. We've a Q7 as well which I'm now thinking of getting rid off. Hitting between 25-30 at best. 😳

gallsman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 06, 2022, 10:25:54 PM

35/40 isnt too bad for an SUV to be fair. We've a Q7 as well which I'm now thinking of getting rid off. Hitting between 25-30 at best. 😳

Midrange "SUVs" are all pushing towards 50 these days.

trueblue1234

Quote from: gallsman on June 06, 2022, 11:38:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 06, 2022, 10:25:54 PM

Maybe, mine are 2016. So not new. Think you'd be doing well getting over 45 in any of the 7 seaters tbh.

RadioGAAGAA

2WD?

And actual mpg - not what the trip computer says?
i usse an speelchekor

gallsman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 07, 2022, 09:51:44 PM

2WD?

And actual mpg - not what the trip computer says?

Yes, hence why I put it as "SUVs". The vast majority of them these days aren't SUVs at all, just have elevated driving positions. Any of the ones from the VAG - Tiguan, Karoq, Ateca etc will all easily push towards 50 for a normal drive about town. We have a Kamiq as well, which gets the "mini SUV" label and it does even better.

illdecide

My car will be 4 year old in Sept so holding out until then to replace it, I'm hoping by then the prices will have wised the f**k up. The way the fuel is going and the knock on effect it might have on the motor industry with not as much coin about the prices should drop and availability should get better. I'm actually considering getting myself a van and hopefully my daughter will have passed her test by then i can get her a wee Polo, Ibiza etc for first time car.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2022, 09:50:27 AM
My car will be 4 year old in Sept so holding out until then to replace it, I'm hoping by then the prices will have wised the f**k up. The way the fuel is going and the knock on effect it might have on the motor industry with not as much coin about the prices should drop and availability should get better. I'm actually considering getting myself a van and hopefully my daughter will have passed her test by then i can get her a wee Polo, Ibiza etc for first time car.

Can't see them getting any cheaper to be honest.

Aristo 60

Any recommendations out there on best non-suv car with three child seats capability?

gallsman

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 14, 2022, 09:31:23 PM
Any recommendations out there on best non-suv car with three child seats capability?

Most new ones have an isofix in the front passenger seat as well as two in the back.

Aristo 60

I was hoping to keep the front seat for the wife