New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Could someone pm me a link or point me in the right direction for buying a machine of eBay to spin the miles back on car.Digital obviously

J70

Quote from: redzone on June 02, 2022, 10:15:52 PM
Could someone pm me a link or point me in the right direction for buying a machine of eBay to spin the miles back on car.Digital obviously

A good reminder for all to avoid second hand cars if possible.

StephenC

Quote from: J70 on June 03, 2022, 03:01:16 PM

Or a good reminder that there a f£$%wits out there who'd scam people and make the 2nd hand car market more risky than it should be.

seafoid

Given the supply chain crisis a lot of new cars are notbavailable in the required specification.  So second hand cars may be the only option.

J70

Quote from: StephenC on June 03, 2022, 04:57:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 03, 2022, 03:01:16 PM

Or a good reminder that there a f£$%wits out there who'd scam people and make the 2nd hand car market more risky than it should be.

Well, that was kind of my implication.  :P

J70

Quote from: seafoid on June 03, 2022, 05:07:17 PM
Given the supply chain crisis a lot of new cars are notbavailable in the required specification.  So second hand cars may be the only option.

Buyer beware I guess.

Thing is, how would you know if some f**ker has shaved 50-100K miles off the odometer?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: J70 on June 03, 2022, 05:26:09 PM

Buyer beware I guess.

Thing is, how would you know if some f**ker has shaved 50-100K miles off the odometer?
Service record. Receipts for servicing

Look-Up!

Does the NCT not record the odometer reading? UK imports might be a different story alright.

marty34

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 04, 2022, 11:18:59 AM
Does the NCT not record the odometer reading? UK imports might be a different story alright.

Yeah, I think the MOT records it in the north every year when doing the test.

Unless.lasds doctor the test certificate.

Olly

Advice needed here. I was driving my car recently and went over a series of speed humps at about 60mph. Since then the wheels veer off to the left if I drive without any hands at big speeds. Will it rectify itself?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

armaghniac

Quote from: Olly on June 04, 2022, 10:44:51 PM
Advice needed here. I was driving my car recently and went over a series of speed humps at about 60mph. Since then the wheels veer off to the left if I drive without any hands at big speeds. Will it rectify itself?

No, you need to go back to the same stretch of road and go over them at 60mph in reverse.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

charlieTully

Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2022, 11:50:51 PM

No, you need to go back to the same stretch of road and go over them at 60mph in reverse.

😆 🤣 😂

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2022, 11:50:51 PM

;D ;D

tintin25

Lads, anyone know who does reasonably priced car hire round Lisburn/Belfast?  Enterprise quoting me over £200 for 3 days!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 04, 2022, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 03, 2022, 05:26:09 PM

Buyer beware I guess.

Service record. Receipts for servicing

+1

Also general wear on the interior. Big difference between the wear on a 70k motor vs a 150k motor.
i usse an speelchekor