John Delaney

Started by Kingdom37, January 31, 2020, 07:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2020, 09:21:48 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 31, 2020, 01:07:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 31, 2020, 11:59:24 AM
Disgraceful using taxpayers money to bail out that whinging shit for brains useless organisation.
How may hours of badly needed home helps would that money pay for?

Its a drop in the ocean compared to what the GAA get. Thats not a line I would recommend

What government monies have the GAA mismanaged or wasted?
Maybe he means all the Sports Council cash that Bertie got for John Bailey and the Dublin CB. What do you think yerself? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Baile Brigín 2

Disgraceful using taxpayers money to bail out that whinging shit for brains useless organisation.

Its a drop in the ocean compared to what the GAA get. Thats not a line I would recommend

Do you think PuC looks like a €110m stadium?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 01, 2020, 10:54:00 AM

That's not wasted money! There will be at least one maybe two big games a year there.  :P

Franko

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 31, 2020, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 31, 2020, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 31, 2020, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on January 31, 2020, 07:17:22 AM
the government bailing out the FAI  again. Surely John Delaney should be prosecuted for fraud? He made a tit of himself at the oireachtas. FAI give him payment for €500k and yet he is allowed to run off into the sunset without any consequences.  Surely FAI should have held off on his final payment?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/government-to-provide-20m-in-extra-funding-as-part-of-fai-rescue-package-1.4156296%3fmode
He is being investigated by the OCDE.

The money to his partner aside, what fraud was committed, or is alleged? Bad management and corporate governance is not confined to the FAI, although it was a nuclear example.

;D ;D

"Apart from the alleged fraud, no allegations of fraud have been levelled against him"

Lets try again. What criminal offence(s) do you think he committed?

In my opinion the only one that might stick is paying the girlfriend a wage. But he won't do time for that, if it even gets as far as the Garda.

Haven't a clue and not overly bothered tbh.  Just thought that sentence was a cracker.

;D

Baile Brigín 2

I get you, but the point remains we are 6 months in, and the only thing potentially legally greasy is paying his mott.

I suspect more illegality is happening in Galway.

magpie seanie

It's undeniably a very fine stadium. Was budgeted to cost €86m but badly overran by €24m. Unusual for the GAA that a major project gets underestimated this badly but the overuns will be paid by the GAA. The government allocation remains at €30m as far as I know.

So that example doesn't qualify. Any others or are you bullshitting?

Rossfan

His mantra is "Soccer good, Gah baaaad" so not much logic just "whataboutry" when the useless FAI gets rightly criticised.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 31, 2020, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 31, 2020, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 31, 2020, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on January 31, 2020, 07:17:22 AM
the government bailing out the FAI  again. Surely John Delaney should be prosecuted for fraud? He made a tit of himself at the oireachtas. FAI give him payment for €500k and yet he is allowed to run off into the sunset without any consequences.  Surely FAI should have held off on his final payment?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/government-to-provide-20m-in-extra-funding-as-part-of-fai-rescue-package-1.4156296%3fmode
He is being investigated by the OCDE.

The money to his partner aside, what fraud was committed, or is alleged? Bad management and corporate governance is not confined to the FAI, although it was a nuclear example.

;D ;D

"Apart from the alleged fraud, no allegations of fraud have been levelled against him"

Lets try again. What criminal offence(s) do you think he committed?

In my opinion the only one that might stick is paying the girlfriend a wage. But he won't do time for that, if it even gets as far as the Garda.

lets try an answer again
he may have led to an auditor to cover up the true financial state of the company he was running
and not declared certain payment that were liable for tax ,
they are the offences I would suspect him off
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

dublin7

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2020, 11:46:49 AM

It's undeniably a very fine stadium. Was budgeted to cost €86m but badly overran by €24m. Unusual for the GAA that a major project gets underestimated this badly but the overuns will be paid by the GAA. The government allocation remains at €30m as far as I know.

So that example doesn't qualify. Any others or are you bullshitting?

Soccer is massively underfunded in this country. Greyhound industry for example got €16m last year compared to €2.8m for soccer from government.  Yet another example of how inept FAI officials have been at lobbying for funding.

If the Government hadn't given the FAI a bailout they'd have lost the Euros in the summer and Ireland wouldn't be allowed field a senior international side. They'll get the €5m back this year through teams/fans visiting for the Euros and the country avoids embarrassment on a global scale 

Main Street

Nothing like a good old fashioned Irish bail out to raise the resentment and envy levels of other Irish.

The total bailout figure mentioned  was about Eur 25m, to be paid out over 3 years.
That figure includes the annual grant (5.8m) paid to the FAI  each year for the next 3 years.
and an annual loan 2.54m  for the next 3 years.
The loaned money to start to be repayed after 2024.

The "extra" element in the bail out  is that the loan is interest free and there is some raise in the level of the annual grant.
I don't think I'd call it the full bail out,  just a bit of a bail out.

seafoid

They probably gave money to the redevelopment of Pairc na Gaoithe in Salthill.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 08, 2020, 10:03:50 AM
DJ got the P45 from the missus. There be no more shagging in toilets at clubhouse do's.
Are you referring to the ex and the long standing divorce proceedings or to his partnership with Emma?
Either way, does it matter? there is more enough evidence against JD as a corrupt FAI CEO, without the need to add toilet humour to embelish it.

Ed Ricketts

This was worth a watch tonight:
www.rte.ie/player/movie/the-john-delaney-story/162105896088

And this is excellent if you want a bit more depth on just how much of an absolutely massive p***k the man is:
www.penguin.co.uk/books/318/318907/champagne-football/9781844884933.html

Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

bennydorano

Reading the book atm funny enough, only about a 3rd of the way in, Snakeoil salesman.