The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 01, 2020, 04:49:52 PM
Robbed by VAR again
Don't often if ever agree with you but I do today. De Gea was never saving that regardless. Shocking decision to disallow it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

VAR works, we just like it when it works in your favour. The calls just need to be consistent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 01, 2020, 07:09:13 PM
The marginal offside calls don't.

But if all teams are being pulled on it then it does. Might not be right but...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

In the case of a deflection off a defender there is no offside, so var couldn't rule on that 
How could Siggurson be in the way of De Gea when the keeper is clearly going the wrong way to save the ball

Plus, it should have been a penalty for the previous tackle on Siggurson

J70

That was a ludicrous VAR call.

The Everton player had zero effect on the play.

Jell 0 Biafra

He was sitting on the ground in front of the keeper.  Had to called offside.

SHEEDY

In my view it was a perfectly good goal, sigurdsson wasn't interfering with de gea's sight line, de gea was going the wrong way and had a perfect view. If the goal wasn't given a penalty should have been for the challenge on sigurdsson. its unbelieveable that Everton haven't had one penalty all season.
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 01, 2020, 09:06:10 PM
Deflection meant it can't be offside

Jell 0 Biafra

If he interfered with keeper's view (which is what I thought was the basis of the VAR overrule), then he gained an unfair advantage from being offside initially, prior to the deflection.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 01, 2020, 09:41:50 PM
If he interfered with keeper's view (which is what I thought was the basis of the VAR overrule), then he gained an unfair advantage from being offside initially, prior to the deflection.

The decision was correct.  Sadly!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 01, 2020, 09:49:04 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 01, 2020, 09:41:50 PM

The decision was correct.  Sadly!

Very confusing point

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 01, 2020, 09:06:10 PM

He was completely irrelevant to the play. It was Maguire's deflection that took DeGea out. Sigurdsson might as well not have been there such was his contribution to what happened. DeGea was rooted to the spot and NEVER getting back across to make a save.

On the other hand, DeGea was owed one against Everton after the non-call at Old Trafford ( despite his weakness under the high ball).

Jell 0 Biafra

Why does it matter whether DeGea wasn't going to be able to make the save?