Elections North and South

Started by Farrandeelin, April 18, 2019, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 27, 2019, 07:19:11 PM
Long takes the second seat with Anderson in 3rd.

Glad to hear a proper remainer got in, I'm actually not sure SF were a true remain party tbh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

They're relatively recent converts to Europe / Remain, previously holding similar views to Corbyn's ideological take on it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2019, 07:29:14 PM
They're relatively recent converts to Europe / Remain, previously holding similar views to Corbyn's ideological take on it.

Popular vote or against the DUP voters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

1 Pro Brexit Anti EU
1 Anti Brexit Anti EU
1 Anti Brexit Pro EU

So a diverse mix.

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2019, 07:15:38 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 27, 2019, 03:44:02 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 27, 2019, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2019, 11:38:35 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 27, 2019, 11:34:52 AM
This from Darran Marshall, looking good for Long.

New

SDLP rallies suggest Diane Dodds will top the poll. UUP will lose seat.

Dodds 102,000
Anderson 97,000
Long 75,000
Eastwood 55,000
Allister 47,000
Kennedy 40,000
Bailey 7,000

#EuropeanElections2019
@BBCNewsNI

So basically DUP and SF can put up anyone and still get voted in?

Has always been the case. Just take a close look at some of the candidates up for election or those elected for the Assembly and you see a dearth of intellectual depth hence when they are chosen at random to run multi-million pound ministries they are totally out of their depth.  Look at RHI for the DUP and the failures in agriculture, education and health to make any impact in 10 years in power by SF-DUP.

It's true everywhere - even in the the south.  Look at the 3 from Primetime, never mind the mess around the children's hospital, the lengthening of waiting lists in hospitals and the housing ceisis - people still endorse FF and FG.
Maybe if the others had some practical policies or plans to improve things rather than protesting and shouting slogans.....

What's your point?

Owen Brannigan

SF candidate claims that they told voters to give their vote to Long to make sure she got in and that was why she was elected.

Except SF only got across the line for the third seat after Long was elected and SF didn't provide transfers to any other candidate, in fact except for SDLP transfers SF would not have reached the level they did to be elected on Stage 5 and may well have had to wait to be deemed elected without reaching the quota.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 28, 2019, 07:44:04 AM
SF candidate claims that they told voters to give their vote to Long to make sure she got in and that was why she was elected.

Except SF only got across the line for the third seat after Long was elected and SF didn't provide transfers to any other candidate, in fact except for SDLP transfers SF would not have reached the level they did to be elected on Stage 5 and may well have had to wait to be deemed elected without reaching the quota.

Wasn't Long as such, she said give it to a remain party, but they've all claimed a victory of sorts themselves while others have claimed something else.

The only party to get significant gains has been Long's party, that's down to her as a person I feel, hopefully she'll move that party forward in such a way that she'll attract the sensible voters or the ones who sit on the fence or have never voted as there was no alternative

RedHand88

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 28, 2019, 07:44:04 AM

I saw a chain message going through WhatsApp groups telling people to do exactly this

HiMucker

Is there anywhere you can see the breakdown of transfers? I thought I read that alliance got huge transfers from SDLP first preference voters, but can't find this info?

Farrandeelin

What's going on between Clare Daly and Barry Andrews in Dublin. Caught a bit of a headline on it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Something about the order of distribution of votes of eliminated candidates it seems.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oakleaflad

Quote from: HiMucker on May 28, 2019, 08:20:30 AM
Is there anywhere you can see the breakdown of transfers? I thought I read that alliance got huge transfers from SDLP first preference voters, but can't find this info?

Yeah, it's all out there.

SDLP transfers:

Alliance - 46.453
SF - 24,236
TUV - 225
Non Transferable - 7,675

HiMucker

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 28, 2019, 10:06:50 AM

SDLP transfers:

Alliance - 46.453
SF - 24,236
TUV - 225
Non Transferable - 7,675
Cheers Oakleaf. Do you have a link for the rest of the figures? Thanks

oakleaflad

Quote from: HiMucker on May 28, 2019, 10:13:03 AM

SDLP transfers:

Alliance - 46.453
SF - 24,236
TUV - 225
Non Transferable - 7,675
Cheers Oakleaf. Do you have a link for the rest of the figures? Thanks
I just took those from the Electoral Office NI's twitter account. Gives you the result of each stage and where the transfers went.

Farrandeelin

SDLP transfers:

Alliance - 46.453
SF - 24,236
TUV - 225
Non Transferable - 7,675

What the actual fcuk?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.