Kennelly coming home - AFL overreaction?

Started by corn02, November 12, 2008, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

I hope its true, but its an annual story out of Oz for the last 7 years, and espeically with Tommy Walsh and maybe David Moran heading in the other direction. Always seens him as a replacement for Darragh O'Se somewhere in his career and at only 27 and if he remains injury free there is 5-6 good years left in him.

Still there will be no walk-on roles with the Kingdom and he will have to knuckle down to some serious skelping around the fields of North Kerry and will then have to prove himself to Jack and Co. before a Kerry jersey is his again, but it could be an interesting move.
Tim "Horse" Kennelly would be proud to see him in the green and gold. And who knows if Paidi had played hiim in 2002 we might never have seen Armagh ot Tyrone winning All Irelands. Now there's a "what if"
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

johnpower

Quote from: Jinxy on November 12, 2008, 03:34:37 PM
Ah, the annual Tadhg Kennelly says he's coming home thread. Who really cares at this stage?

I care  :'(

marty88

"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

feetofflames

Whatever happened to Setanta and Aisake O Halipin - Just think instead of being over there not getting a game they could be at home with the Cork hurlers errr.. not getting a game.
Sod the guys that make it lets have a good laugh at the guys that dont. 
Chief Wiggum

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSod the guys that make it lets have a good laugh at the guys that dont

yeah, thats very classy alright

magickingdom

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on November 12, 2008, 03:20:19 PM
Would he even make the Kerry team if he did come back? Obviously his fitness levels would be very good but in Kerry of all place competition for places is high.

right now i have my fingers and toes crossed that dara will do another year, (thomas o se was on dara o cinnedes show on RNG saying they were very happy that jack o connor was back so i'm hopefull) but even if he does dara wont be around much longer and if tadgh came back next year it would be perfect. he's a great competitor with good leadership skills and would add alot imo. no doubt he'd have some fresh ideas for training! btw if anyone has yesterdays indo there was a very good article by sean wight who also left listowel and played 13 years in the afl but had a tough time downunder

JimStynes

magickingdom

it was in the gpa player mag that came with the indo, unfortunately they havent updated it on their site yet but hopefully they will in the next few days

http://www.gaelicplayers.com/index.php/about-us/the-player-magazine

SLIGONIAN

He is only 27 so id fair play he has a few yrs left in him and hes coming back to Kerry to fulfill a life long dream.

He was obviously facilating the oz journos with the premiership comment. If you think thats bad you tube steve mcclaren at fc twente speaking with a dutch accent is hilarious :D.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

5 Sams

Quote from: magickingdom on November 13, 2008, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: heineken_on_tap on November 12, 2008, 03:20:19 PM
Would he even make the Kerry team if he did come back? Obviously his fitness levels would be very good but in Kerry of all place competition for places is high.

right now i have my fingers and toes crossed that dara will do another year, (thomas o se was on dara o cinnedes show on RNG saying they were very happy that jack o connor was back so i'm hopefull) but even if he does dara wont be around much longer and if tadgh came back next year it would be perfect. he's a great competitor with good leadership skills and would add alot imo. no doubt he'd have some fresh ideas for training! btw if anyone has yesterdays indo there was a very good article by sean wight who also left listowel and played 13 years in the afl but had a tough time downunder

When is Dara's show on Magic?
The Aristocrat Years

magickingdom

sorry 5sams just saw this. he produces 'an saol o dheas' which is on most days at 12-1. he's not the presenter but often does interviews..

Tyrone Dreamer

More speculation in the herald that he's set to quit Sydney early and come home and play for Kerry this year. Anyone think it could be true?

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 23, 2009, 09:25:48 PM
More speculation in the herald that he's set to quit Sydney early and come home and play for Kerry this year. Anyone think it could be true?

Load of dung.

Tyrone Dreamer

Dont know why but I think there could be some truth in it. The story seems to keep coming up and at this stage he wouldnt be interested in a new contract. Would be interesting to see how he'd get on.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 23, 2009, 09:25:48 PM

After him wanting Kyle to go back over? Hardly think so. This rumour floats around the place once or twice a year.
Testing Accessibility