Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 10, 2018, 10:13:34 PM
Expect the worst Leinster final attendance since the 80s.

This, unfortunately, is almost cast-iron guaranteed.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

What was today's attendance?

macdanger2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 10:32:21 PM

What would be expected? 25k? 30?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 10, 2018, 10:39:46 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 10:32:21 PM

What would be expected? 25k? 30?

Difficult to say (for me), but just picking up on the general sentiments from Dubs themselves I would expect the motivation to attend to be severely lacking, unless the GAA can add value in some way, since the expectation is a foregone conclusion. Somewhere between those two wouldn't seem to be too far off the mark I'd say (25-30K).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 10, 2018, 10:33:56 PM

39K apparently (2 games).

That's good going but Carlow brought 10k going on sales and estimates. So say Laois & Longford brought 9k that would leave 20k from Dublin, their support only naturally is way down. Leinster has killed the Goose.
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2018, 11:48:38 PM
8200 and something in Limerick. 8100 Mayo I would say.

If that number is close to being accurate, then the powers to be are really hoping Mayo make super 8's.

From the Bunker

What Dublin supporter in his right mind would want to waste money and time going to see that Turkey shoot today! The Leinster final will be no better. I mean it was a waste of good RTE air time showing the game. They could have shown a double bill of some James Bond movie.

Still the GAA need a strong Dublin. That's important! Have to fight away those Soccer and Rugby crowds. Luckily there is none of those worries down the country.

mup

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 11, 2018, 01:23:46 AM
What Dublin supporter in his right mind would want to waste money and time going to see that Turkey shoot today! The Leinster final will be no better. I mean it was a waste of good RTE air time showing the game. They could have shown a double bill of some James Bond movie.

Still the GAA need a strong Dublin. That's important! Have to fight away those Soccer and Rugby crowds. Luckily there is none of those worries down the country.

I don't feel one bit sorry for the Leinster Council/Gaa with falling attendances. You reap what you sow.

However I would imagine the Super duper 8's will offset this.

So all is good. Nothing to see here.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 10, 2018, 11:29:25 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 10, 2018, 10:33:56 PM

39K apparently (2 games).

That's good going but Carlow brought 10k going on sales and estimates. So say Laois & Longford brought 9k that would leave 20k from Dublin, their support only naturally is way down. Leinster has killed the Goose.

Yeah a decent attendance overall, crying out for a bit more entertainment perhaps. Great crowd from Carlow, and stood out even more than usual given everyone else was in blue. A Carlow goal would have great for the atmosphere, but they'd a very good third quarter to put the game right in the melting pot.

Hard to be overly enthusiastic about the final's attendance prospects. Laois have some handy forwards and they'd all need to be on fire to make a match of it.

Someone mentioned the possibility of the worst Leinster final attendance since the 80s. Were the 80s that low? I think the Dublin-Offaly 83 final was my first Leinster final and I seem to remember it as big crowd, certainly a big atmosphere! I wasn't even a teenager so maybe the mind is playing tricks

highorlow

QuoteI would expect the motivation to attend to be severely lacking, unless the GAA can add value in some way,

They usually call on Aslan for emergencies like this
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BennyCake

What was the Donegal Down attendance?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on June 12, 2018, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 10, 2018, 07:35:01 PM
12,051 in Clones.

Ulster council have really shot themselves in the foot this year with increase in prices.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2018, 11:48:38 PM
8200 and something in Limerick. 8100 Mayo I would say.

8,230 was the attendance given in the gaelic grounds.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick