Careful now - big collision planned for next Wednesday

Started by Orior, September 04, 2008, 09:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUst retired

I`m going to dig a trench and hide to it`s all over. Anybody want to help? >:(

Orior

My avatar has already disappeared. This is the beginning of the end.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Nothing can go faster than the speed 
That said, in the first milliseconds of the universe being born these feckin scientists think that since the universe didnt exist until then that the big bang actually spewed the material that makes the universe up, this material travelled much faster than the speed of light and is the only way they can come to terms with the projected age of the universe, some 13.7 billion years.

The big bang is a load of bollocks anyway. it wasnt big, it was less than the size of a button and there was no bang as space is in a vacuum.

I love this sort of shite.   :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

no mo do yakamo

There is no proof that the speed of light is absolute. I expect in time it will be proven that it is possible to break the speed of light.
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

stew

Quote from: no mo do yakamo on November 20, 2009, 08:49:25 PM
There is no proof that the speed of light is absolute. I expect in time it will be proven that it is possible to break the speed of light.

Yes there is, it is mathematically impossible to go faster than the speed of light, man might be able to approach that speed in the future and may well be able to get to the stars in weeks rather than light years by folding space, which again is theoretically possible. At no time however do scientists envisage being able to break the light barrier.

Particles the size of grains of dust travelling at that speed would have the power to devastate space ships. We will be stuck in our own solar system for at least a hundred years by the looks of things. :o

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

stew

rosnarun

Quote from: JUst retired on November 18, 2009, 08:28:53 AM
I`m going to dig a trench and hide to it`s all over. Anybody want to help? >:(

ove just come out of my one i cant find any one did it happen?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

no mo do yakamo

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 09:01:47 PM
Quote from: no mo do yakamo on November 20, 2009, 08:49:25 PM

Yes there is, it is mathematically impossible to go faster than the speed of light, man might be able to approach that speed in the future and may well be able to get to the stars in weeks rather than light years by folding space, which again is theoretically possible. At no time however do scientists envisage being able to break the light barrier.

Particles the size of grains of dust travelling at that speed would have the power to devastate space ships. We will be stuck in our own solar system for at least a hundred years by the looks of things. :o

Where is this proof you speak of? The general theoy of relativity is only that. A theory. Newton was the be all and end all Until it was improved upon. And Einstien will be improved on too. The main problem i envisage is  the difficulty in observing  travel beyond light speed. A light based observation system makes this awkward. But i digress. Where is this proof?
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

muppet

Cern has announced today that its latest experiment has allowed it to look at the couple of seconds immediately before the Big Bang. So far they say they have been unable to see anything in the electromagnetic spectrum and the only data gathered is a short audio. Early tests of this audio suggests a deep voice can be heard saying 'Oh shit!'.
MWWSI 2017