China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

i did not know if you were vaxxed or not, hence why i asked a question about what you were suggesting and what you were doing but I wasn't clear if you were promoting it as an alternative to covid treatments/vaccines or as being better for your general health and therefore a method of preventioj rather than cure...  And all I have done is asked you to clarify what you were suggesting, not cast any judgement on your position.

you seem to suggest I place my faith elsewhere, I don't think ive stated a position one way or the other...

I was interested in why it related to covid as I think its a general health issue that existed before covid and getting healthy shouldn't  be a mitigant against covid but as you say a protection against problems in the future (including covid).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 11, 2022, 10:26:04 AM
Milltown, did u cut out all sugars, or additional reduction in fats too? Never really read up to much on diets but need cut about 20lbs, dropped 2 stone previous on a fruit diet, kept stone and a half of it of permanently,

No sugar at all, no drink, certain fruits only, which may have natural sugars but, if you are prepared and stick to it then it works, I was shocked tbf.

Friends had mentioned that I'd lost too much weight!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Sugar seems to be the real danger all right. Fat got a bad rep for a long time but sugar definitely the one that does the most damage. Unreal the levels of hidden sugar in some foods.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Last Man

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 11, 2022, 03:26:19 PM
i did not know if you were vaxxed or not, hence why i asked a question about what you were suggesting and what you were doing but I wasn't clear if you were promoting it as an alternative to covid treatments/vaccines or as being better for your general health and therefore a method of preventioj rather than cure...  And all I have done is asked you to clarify what you were suggesting, not cast any judgement on your position.

you seem to suggest I place my faith elsewhere, I don't think ive stated a position one way or the other...

I was interested in why it related to covid as I think its a general health issue that existed before covid and getting healthy shouldn't  be a mitigant against covid but as you say a protection against problems in the future (including covid).
It all predates Covid for sure but what was once a slow burner and therefore not taken all that seriously can escalate quickly to a bad situation if Covid or whatever is coming next is added to the mix.

Jim Bob

My doctors surgery is telling my mother that the doctor can't perform a pain relieving injection on her knee because of Covid. She received a similar injection about 9 months ago and she got great relief. Now when she wants it again she is getting the covid excuse. I am tempted to confront the doctor directly about this as I am aware that during the week he does private work at another surgery.
Have I got a case or is he correct in refusing her the injection 'due to covid '?
She was not told to try later or anything like that,  just simply he was not prepared to treat her. She is 90 years of age.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 13, 2022, 12:13:15 AM
My doctors surgery is telling my mother that the doctor can't perform a pain relieving injection on her knee because of Covid. She received a similar injection about 9 months ago and she got great relief. Now when she wants it again she is getting the covid excuse. I am tempted to confront the doctor directly about this as I am aware that during the week he does private work at another surgery.
Have I got a case or is he correct in refusing her the injection 'due to covid '?
She was not told to try later or anything like that,  just simply he was not prepared to treat her. She is 90 years of age.

Go ask the question, but if it was my mum I'd pay for the injection but still ask the question
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

"Covid" surely can't be used as excuse by doctors when practically every aspect of society has been opened up. Where is the risk from giving an injection- any greater risk than the vaccine everyone encouraged to get? GPs should be awarded a white feather instead of a medal.

balladmaker

Sounds like the doctor needs challenged on this one.  How can covid prevent an injection when they've been administering millions of injections for covid vaccines over the past 18 months. 

Jim Bob

Thanks for the responses.
Is this sort of thing happening in your areas  or are your doctors generally seeing patients as before the pandemic? 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 13, 2022, 12:50:45 AM
Is this sort of thing happening in your areas  or are your doctors generally seeing patients as before the pandemic?
Where are you based? Our surgery has been great - do phone consultations initially but inevitably they say come on over for a proper checkup. Certainly doesn't seem to be the case everywhere. Local dentist needs to sort themselves out - quite prepared to do paid private work but not do a checkup on the kids!

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2022, 12:53:40 AM
Where are you based? Our surgery has been great - do phone consultations initially but inevitably they say come on over for a proper checkup. Certainly doesn't seem to be the case everywhere. Local dentist needs to sort themselves out - quite prepared to do paid private work but not do a checkup on the kids!

East Tyrone

imtommygunn

My wife's boss's dad had problems with treatment for her elderly dad. I am not sure what was wrong with him but he was completely bed ridden and her elderly mother had to manage him on her own. He needed turned during the day to avoid bed sores and could not get out of bed. The gp basically told them they had to get on with it. They managed to get a second doctor to talk to and he said their dad needed to go to hospital immediately. Ambulance came and away he went. That kind of thing unfortunately sometimes needs done :(

RedHand88

I'll PM you.

grounded

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2022, 12:53:40 AM

Local GP surgery here has been closed since April 2020. No sign of it reopening.
      Doctors have been relocated to an existing clinic in a nearby larger town. Very difficult to get to see a GP at all. Sad state of affairs. Massive push towards private health care.
      As for dentists. Be prepared for a shift from NHS to purely private care. Its already started in many practices. Health plans and private insurance or private fees. Your free 6 monthly nhs checkups for the kids might turn into a very expensive visit!

Main Street

Probably more suited to the WTF thread but what the hell.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60362529

'Authorities in New Zealand have been playing Barry Manilow's greatest hits in an attempt to dislodge protesters camped outside the parliament building.
Songs by the US singer are being played on a 15-minute loop, along with the Spanish dance tune, Macarena.'

'Apparently someone was listening, as his song You're Beautiful was added to the authorities' playlist on Sunday,
UK singer James Blunt tweeted about the tactics, tagging New Zealand police and joking that he might be the man for the job.'