'THE DEFAULT REFERENDUM'

Started by lawnseed, April 02, 2011, 04:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Well its gonna happen sooner or later with a shrinking economy and a real lack of willingness or ability to fork out any more money to these w**ker bankers a referendum is the only way for enda to pull the plug on the bank guarantee and save face. its already in the pipe the icelanders are already in ireland to explain to our dummies how to do it and what to do when it does happen. we already have people calling for the printing of punts to have them ready for the eventuality. how will you vote and why didn't fainna fail do this before they saddled us with other peoples debt. i reckon this wont be a Lisbon they wont have to run this one twice what are we waiting for..?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Peter Solan the Great

Why is a nordie starting this thread. Its none of your business now run along.

Peter Solan the Great

Must I also point out something. If default happens how do people expect to repay their EURO mortgage with a seriously devalued "Punt"

lawnseed

is he away yet.. ::)  back to discussion... default is a fact. if we dont do it soon we are just prolonging the agony. icelandic advisers are in ireland as i post.. if we dont make a move by 2015 the ec will do it for us because they want their money back so its them or the bondholders.. remember the radio ads "the value of your investment can go up as well as down.."   sorry bondholders better luck next time

lawnseed

leo varadkar today says there will be no referendum "its out of our hands."
when asked was europe calling the shots? "yes they are"

what a shocking statement! :o i thought slavery was abolished :o this is the party who were gonna change things they cant even put the issue to the public.. so the jackboot has finally found its home- on the neck of the irish people!
another outside power enslaves the paddy.. CROPPY LAY DOWN!

thanks bertie,brian,brian, enda,eamon..

thejuice

Maybe I don't totally understand how this works but surely the mathematics/economics call the shots whether Europe likes it or not.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mylestheslasher

The point is Ireland can't hold a referendum because Europe says so, according to Varadkar. If thats the truth then democracy is dead in this country.

Rossfan

To have democracy you need to have some money of your own.
Otherwise it's a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

whats money got to do with it, either we run the country or we dont. if we dont run the place whats the point in having elections why are we paying these monkies..? if we tell europe to shove it what are they gonna do evict us?

thebigfella

Quote from: lawnseed on April 04, 2011, 10:25:02 PM
whats money got to do with it, either we run the country or we dont. if we dont run the place whats the point in having elections why are we paying these monkies..? if we tell europe to shove it what are they gonna do evict us?

Can't see Carmeron doing that.

lawnseed

Quote from: thebigfella on April 04, 2011, 10:43:14 PM

we need iceland to take over.. ? are we fukn slaves destined to spend our lives and our kids paying off bankers gambling debts?

i know sinn fein are in election mode again but i cant believe they are so quite on this.. very disappointed in their response

thebigfella

Quote from: lawnseed on April 04, 2011, 10:51:37 PM

we need iceland to take over.. ? are we fukn slaves destined to spend our lives and our kids paying off bankers gambling debts?

i know sinn fein are in election mode again but i cant believe they are so quite on this.. very disappointed in their response

Why would Sinn Fein be banging on about the Southern debt in the assembly elections? It's of zero relevance to the majority of northern voters.

By the way are your kids educated in the north or south? Which government do you pay tax too? Which part of Ireland do you live in or registered to vote in? If the answers above are what I expect, your not part of the we who 'should' get a say and it won't be an all Ireland referendum for obvious reasons.

PSTG had a point ;)

Banana Man

Quote from: thebigfella on April 05, 2011, 09:38:00 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 04, 2011, 10:51:37 PM

Why would Sinn Fein be banging on about the Southern debt in the assembly elections? It's of zero relevance to the majority of northern voters.

By the way are your kids educated in the north or south? Which government do you pay tax too? Which part of Ireland do you live in or registered to vote in? If the answers above are what I expect, your not part of the we who 'should' get a say and it won't be an all Ireland referendum for obvious reasons.

PSTG had a point ;)

your obnoxious attitude highlights why the south is fu*ked. It has everything to do with us as it's an island economy, NI's biggest export destination is the south, 10% of the UK's exports, which governs the north. It affects the majority of people in the north as the economies are so intrinsically linked and intertwinned, your complete lack of the grasp of 101 economics says it all, but then what would you expect from a pig but a grunt  ::)

IolarCoisCuain

Just for the sake of argument lawnseed, how would you word your proposed referendum? A default isn't like an on-off switch. A lot of complex things happen, with even more complex consequences. So what exactly are you thinking of putting before the people?

lawnseed

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on April 05, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
Just for the sake of argument lawnseed, how would you word your proposed referendum? A default isn't like an on-off switch. A lot of complex things happen, with even more complex consequences. So what exactly are you thinking of putting before the people?

at last a relevant response!
iolarcoiscuain I'm not overly sure what way it should be worded but i know we have to stop borrowing money to prop up our failed banks. what should have happened 2 years ago was to let the whole lot fail and create a government bank or nationalise one of the banks probably bank of ireland.
you say we cant just turn off the switch.. zimbabwe ditched their own dollar and adopted the US dollar thus eliminating inflation and stabilising their economy- inflation was 50% PER DAY :o
Our hands are not tied we may have to crash our economy completely to restart it.. better that than have it rot away before our eyes and be enslaved.
the bondholders don't expect to get paid at this stage alot of them have already traded off our debt and taken the pain.

back to the referendum question- probably something similar to what iceland asked its citizens