The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

To be fair he really should have bought a proper left back!

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 30, 2016, 05:06:35 PM

I would say he looked, must not have seen anyone he fancied
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Thy Kingdom Come

Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2016, 05:39:52 PM

Or more to the point there were ones he fancied who did not fancy him?

TabClear

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on October 30, 2016, 05:41:52 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2016, 05:39:52 PM

Or more to the point there were ones he fancied who did not fancy him?

I think he wanted Hector but didn't think he was worth the money Cologne were looking.  Fair enough.  Be interesting to see where Gomez features when fully fit. He was very good at lb last year.

mikehunt

Quote from: The Stallion on October 30, 2016, 03:04:36 PM
Impossible not to like? Perhaps, if you like clowns who wildly celebrate failing to win a home game against a poor side.

Or if you like your manager to waste millions without adequately addressing key weaknesses in the side.

Personally he seems like a grinning idiot to me. But I respect your opinion

Rodger's is gone since last year horsebox.

JoG2

Lads,  may I point out the attention seeking troll thread?

yellowcard

Quote from: The Stallion on October 30, 2016, 03:04:36 PM
Impossible not to like? Perhaps, if you like clowns who wildly celebrate failing to win a home game against a poor side.

Or if you like your manager to waste millions without adequately addressing key weaknesses in the side.

Personally he seems like a grinning idiot to me. But I respect your opinion

Much as I dislike Liverpool, how in their right mind could any Liverpool fan criticise Klopp for where he has taken an average bunch of players. Considering some of the bluffer managers you's have had in the past, what exactly are you looking for, Bill Shankly?

The Stallion

Where he has taken them? He took them to 8th last season despite having a squad capable of a top four finish.

He now has them in the top four after spending 60 million on the squad which should have finished top four last season.

And yet I'm the one accused of trolling lol.

yellowcard

Quote from: The Stallion on October 30, 2016, 11:50:02 PM
Where he has taken them? He took them to 8th last season despite having a squad capable of a top four finish.

He now has them in the top four after spending 60 million on the squad which should have finished top four last season.

And yet I'm the one accused of trolling lol.

Seriously man, you must be on narcotics. Outside of Coutinho on a good day they are a very average bunch of players. Punching way above their weight given the spend relative to other clubs.

Estimator

I feel sorry for Stallion, its looks like he is in desperate need of attention.  Although, he has found the perfect thread to feed his desire to be acknowledged and gain some of the recognition that he craves.  A quick look at his posts shows that he registered back in 2011, but his first post on this thread was:

Quote from: The Stallion on June 11, 2015, 11:05:34 PM
It's sad to see so many delusional Liverpool fans here. As a lifelong fan myself it's plain to see Rodgers isn't up to the job, and signing average players like Milner and Ings isn't going to improve the side at all.

4 years seems like a long time for a Liverpool "fan" to find this thread, but that post didn't get the required response as the majority of 'Pool fans weren't impressed with BR. So he returned 6 months later with this, and which struck a chord, and he has continued to play the same tune for almost a year now. 

Quote from: The Stallion on January 30, 2016, 10:25:54 PM
Young lads? Over half the team were experienced professionals. And they still couldn't win at home.

Klopp is incompetent.

A poor man's TF
Ulster League Champions 2009

The Stallion

Thanks for that bizarre analysis Estimator, although I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Both those posts you took the trouble to find are me making accurate statements which i stand by.

TabClear

Read the quote below in a report this morning.  Thought it was pretty good. ;D

There was a time when Liverpool could grind their way to titles. They were brilliant, of course, but they were also clever, disciplined and happy to waste time and bore neutrals with endless back passes if it meant three points. But if Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool ever win the title it is unlikely that anyone will be able to make similar criticisms. They are as clever and disciplined as a labrador chasing a cat around a sausage factory; they are an explosion of sound and vision, a great big force of destruction. They might not win the title, but you'll never call them boring.

Gabriel_Hurl

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

At least we have cover, but you'd have to feel sorry for him. He was bursting a gut when he came on against Spurs that time, he's obviously mad to play, but this injury is probably one too many for him at Anfield. Pity. It probably means they keep Sturridge for a while longer!