Stephen Gately RIP

Started by Tankie, October 11, 2009, 03:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 11, 2009, 11:50:51 AM
Ok lads I apologise, Rollercoaster was a great song................oh no wait a minute.
RIP

Just when you thought the board couldn't hit new lows- you read some of the contributions above. Words fail me.

Gnevin

Sad to hear this.

Some of the comments on this thread are pure gutter stuff .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

no mo do yakamo

Quote from: ludermor on October 11, 2009, 12:08:22 PM
Is there no respect?
Respect for opinion?
Your comment on the late great David Carridine was Hilarious.

im getting rid of my collection of bailing twine!
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

Minder

A sad loss of an immense talent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ludermor

That was a comment about how he died not the person.
Quite sad that you had trawl back 4 months to try and equalise your 'opinion'.

maggie

Went to see Boyzone in Dungannon Leisure centre in '94- first ever concert.
Sad news-Rest In Peace Stephen.

no mo do yakamo

Quote from: ludermor on October 11, 2009, 04:27:44 PM
That was a comment about how he died not the person.
Quite sad that you had trawl back 4 months to try and equalise your 'opinion'.
Equalise my opinion?  With what? Would it be necessary to reduce its value or increase it to make it equal to what ever the accepted norm is for opinion?

He died. Its not a big deal. Lots of other people died last night too.
May i comment on how he died after the autopsy?
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 11, 2009, 02:15:06 PM
I hate when people take this stance that he wasnt any different than all other people that died - none of us said he was - but he was in the public eye and its inevitable his death will be talked about.

The same way if he was arrested for something at a time or did something he shouldnt - its gona be talked about, but we could all say sure what makes his arrest any diff from any other 33 yr old doing the same  - the fact is he was in a group, he was a singer , he was well known and if people wish to pay respect to the fact he has died then thats up to them - and if u dont wish to pay respect to the fact hes dead then feck off away from a thread thats doing exactly that.
Fair enough point Tyrone Girl and some of the comments are out of order but I struggle to see what the point of this thread is.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 11, 2009, 05:40:58 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on October 11, 2009, 02:15:06 PM
I hate when people take this stance that he wasnt any different than all other people that died - none of us said he was - but he was in the public eye and its inevitable his death will be talked about.

The same way if he was arrested for something at a time or did something he shouldnt - its gona be talked about, but we could all say sure what makes his arrest any diff from any other 33 yr old doing the same  - the fact is he was in a group, he was a singer , he was well known and if people wish to pay respect to the fact he has died then thats up to them - and if u dont wish to pay respect to the fact hes dead then feck off away from a thread thats doing exactly that.
Fair enough point Tyrone Girl and some of the comments are out of order but I struggle to see what the point of this thread is.

Didn't stop you opening it....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Lawrence of Knockbride

It didn't but this wonderful site was my first port of call when I went on-line this morning and so it was how I heard the news.
Excellent point though. :P

mylestheslasher

I don't like Boyzone, in fact I think they are terrible but that is irrelevant and does not mean I don't feel sorry for the lads partner, family and friends. Some of the posters on this site really do have shite for brains. Perhaps your parents did not teach you to show some respect for the dead and their families at the minimum for a few days until they are buried. Perhaps common decency is missing from your pathetic existence. You know who ye are so cop the f*ck on.

gerry

No matter who he was, 33 is very young to die. Can't say i was a fan but was dragged along twice to see them and i spent the night checking out the female dancers
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 11, 2009, 06:05:14 PM
I don't like Boyzone, in fact I think they are terrible but that is irrelevant and does not mean I don't feel sorry for the lads partner, family and friends. Some of the posters on this site really do have shite for brains. Perhaps your parents did not teach you to show some respect for the dead and their families at the minimum for a few days until they are buried. Perhaps common decency is missing from your pathetic existence. You know who ye are so cop the f*ck on.
It's of no consequence to me whether he's dead or not, it won't change my life one bit.  What I will say to you myles is, let who is without sin cast the first stone
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 06:10:42 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 11, 2009, 06:05:14 PM
It's of no consequence to me whether he's dead or not, it won't change my life one bit.  What I will say to you myles is, let who is without sin cast the first stone
Well said but I don't know why you said.

DennistheMenace

RIP, always seemed a genuine fella when interviewed.