Jade Goody

Started by nrico2006, February 04, 2009, 11:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: leenie on February 04, 2009, 05:16:47 PM
Quote from: Longshanks on February 04, 2009, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: leenie on February 04, 2009, 04:50:12 PM
Quote from: ludermor on February 04, 2009, 03:23:54 PM
I couldnt really give a flying f**k about her when she is alive and to be honest i couldn't really give a flying f**k about her in death no matter how tragic it may be. I have tried to avoid seeing/reading anything about her for the past few years and will continue to do so.

then why right in a thread about her...........

I'm only winding! You know the craic, if you leave a room full of monekys with typewriters...

God Leenie thats a bad spelling mistake there....  *write perhaps??? :P :P   but I agree with your statement.

oops .......... god it is getting worse........

sideline its the truth.... i know its hard to believe but i had skills in other areas and had to concentrate really hard!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

leenie

:-\

no but i did get a "c" in A level english........ and thats the gods honest!

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

SidelineKick

Hmmm, I managed to bollix that up something tara!

I do believe you.

Reported.

Longshanks

Quote from: leenie on February 04, 2009, 05:22:19 PM

So did I!! whats your excsue?! ::) I'm in agreement with Maggie the crowbar riddle is frying your brain..

longrunsthefox

... you mean that's the God's honest...   apostraphies dear  :P

D4S

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 04, 2009, 05:27:33 PM

If we're really going to get technical here would it not be the Gods' honest!
As in the honest truth belonging to God???
... you mean that's the God's honest...   apostraphies dear  :P
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

SidelineKick

No it was right the first time God's. Belonging to God.

Gods' means it belongs to all the gods.

Reported.

Maguire01

So it depends on your belief system then!  :P

SidelineKick

Reported.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Puckoon on February 04, 2009, 05:20:42 PM
Any mother dying at a young age and leaving behind children is a sad thing. Its not her fault shes the way she is - its a product of her up bringing.

and modern society

The Forfeit Point

cant say im her biggest fan at all but it is sad what she is going through. dont think ludermor should be vilified for what he said, i mean why change an opinion on someone just because they are dying/dead?

SidelineKick

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on February 04, 2009, 06:23:33 PM
cant say im her biggest fan at all but it is sad what she is going through. dont think ludermor should be vilified for what he said, i mean why change an opinion on someone just because they are dying/dead?

He doesnt need to change his opinion but in a thread of people wishing her luck and showing her a bit of support hes just in to wind up.  Could have resisted the temptation to make a comment at all.

Reported.

mc_grens

I'd no opinion either for or against jade goody before all this simply because I never watched big brother or anything related.

However, having gone through the turmoil that this horrible disease brings with it very recently ( my father died of cancer 5 months ago), I can say that her face staring out of magazine and newspaper racks on a daily basis is an extremely unwelcome reminder of my family's experience.

Particularly when my own dad faced up to his illness with such dignity that his best friends, and family members, other than me, my mam, and my sister had no concept of how seriously I'll he was.

That said I wish her a speedy recovery, upon which I hope the stash of money made from her illness in "preparation for her death" is swiftly handed over to a cancer charity.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mc_grens on February 04, 2009, 06:44:40 PM
I'd no opinion either for or against jade goody before all this simply because I never watched big brother or anything related.

However, having gone through the turmoil that this horrible disease brings with it very recently ( my father died of cancer 5 months ago), I can say that her face staring out of magazine and newspaper racks on a daily basis is an extremely unwelcome reminder of my family's experience.

Particularly when my own dad faced up to his illness with such dignity that his best friends, and family members, other than me, my mam, and my sister had no concept of how seriously I'll he was.

That said I wish her a speedy recovery, upon which I hope the stash of money made from her illness in "preparation for her death" is swiftly handed over to a cancer charity.
Do you ever stop to think that her plight being made public might actually do some good in hitting home to young women the need for checking themselves as cancer isn't confined to middle aged people who smoke and drink too much.