Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:27:30 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 10:20:17 PM
I read nothing in that about taxpayers money!
Also I read this-
He praised the Leinster Council for their generosity in backing the initiative, as they also had to take into account 11 other counties in the province.
How much money did Laois recieve for the redevelopment of OMoore Park?

The money came from Government, GAA and Leinster council.

No it didn't I'm afraid. The DCB committed 2.5m to 3m of its own resources to the project. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. We're allowed invest our own monies I take it. Do we have to run that past you as well?

;D Hang on a minute! Weren't you denying the 7 millions existence earlier today?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:30:26 PM
Ask him how much the DCB committed to the project because I can guarantee you he doesn't know.

DCB committed about 1.5 million. Government 3 million, the GAA 1.6 million and the Leinster council the rest.
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 10:36:05 PM
Ask him how much the DCB committed to the project because I can guarantee you he doesn't know.

DCB committed about 1.5 million. Government 3 million, the GAA 1.6 million and the Leinster council the rest.
do you have proof of this or are plucking these figures out of the sky?
How much did Laois recieve for the redevelopment of OMoore Park ?

INDIANA

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 10:39:08 PM

Nope he's pulling them off an Examiner Article from 2004. Just google it. This is all a proposal in the article.

If anyone thinks the Govt gave Dublin GAA 3m they need to go to Portrane.

The facts of the situation are we don't receive any monies off anyone except Croke Park and the Leinster Council similar to all other counties.

Dont Matter

This was all anounced years ago. It's fact. I can't get you receipts but it's all on record somewhere if you want to search.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:41:45 PM
Nope he's pulling them off an Examiner Article from 2004. Just google it. This is all a proposal in the article.

The facts of the situation are we don't receive any monies off anyone except Croke Park and the Leinster Council similar to all other counties.

I have no Emaminer article. This information was all released at the time. Bertie gave the Dubs funding and they are taking advantage of it.
This Indiana fellow was denying the existence of the 7 million earlier, now that he can't deny that anymore he is trying to say most of the money came from themselves and the Leinster council. He will come up with a new story once he can't repeat those lies.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

I have no Emaminer article. This information was all released at the time. Bertie gave the Dubs funding and they are taking advantage of it.
This Indiana fellow was denying the existence of the 7 million earlier, now that he can't deny that anymore he is trying to say most of the money came from themselves and the Leinster council. He will come up with a new story once he can't repeat those lies.

There is no fudging the issue from me.

You started off the thread by saying we got 7m from the Govt. That now has been conclusively proven to be a lie.

You then started saying that the DCB got a free handout with no contribution from the DCB or their clubs. That has also been proven to be untrue.

You've now had to climb down and admit that we got the alleged money from 3 different sources. One of whom was the DCB!

All I'm saying is we didn't get 3M off the Govt. Any funding we receive is in line with GAA Protocol the same as any other county.

So you're on quicksand at this stage.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 10:42:50 PM

This was all anounced years ago. It's fact. I can't get you receipts but it's all on record somewhere if you want to search.
why should I search when you are the one making the accusations! It's your responsibility to back up your claims or retract ! So far you have done neither!
Are you by any chance blinded by self hatred that manifests itself in the detestation of witnessing the success of others?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:50:01 PM

You started off the thread by saying we got 7m from the Govt. That now has been conclusively proven to be a lie.

You then started saying that the DCB got a free handout with no contribution from the DCB or their clubs. That has also been proven to be untrue.

You've now had to climb down and admit that we got the alleged money from 3 different sources. One of whom was the DCB!

All I'm saying is we didn't get 3M off the Govt. Any funding we receive is in line with GAA Protocol the same as any other county.

I did not, I said they have received 7 million and provided quotes from Bertie and Seán Kelly at the launch. The GAA giving huge money towards this plan is no better than receiving it from the government. In fact some might see it as worse.

I never said anything about what the DCB did or didn't do until the last page.

I haven't had to climb down in fact I'm pretty sure I told you the last time we had this discussion about who were the sources of th money. Maybe it was one of the other Dubs.

You did get 3 million off the government and receiving money of the GAA that had nothing to do with the general spread of resources is wrong. No one else got this special treatment.

The only thing on quicksand is Dublin playing as 1, the split is on the way.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 10:52:06 PM
why should I search when you are the one making the accusations! It's your responsibility to back up your claims or retract ! So far you have done neither!
Are you by any chance blinded by self hatred that manifests itself in the detestation of witnessing the success of others?

Still sticking with the jealousy line, the 7 million existed, you now accept that. You will have to accept where the funding came from also.
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 11:03:51 PM

Still sticking with the jealousy line, the 7 million existed, you now accept that. You will have to accept where the funding came from also.
your previous post shows your dishonesty when put beside your original post.
How much did the Irish government give Dublin gaa?
Your thread starting post claims Bertie and co gave Dublin 7 million! You backed this up with a newspaper article about its launch yet show nothing on its implementation! People aren't stupid!
How much did Laois Recieve for the redevelopement of OMoore park?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 11:09:15 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 11:03:51 PM

your previous post shows your dishonesty when put beside your original post.
How much did the Irish government give Dublin gaa?
Your thread starting post claims Bertie and co gave Dublin 7 million! You backed this up with a newspaper article about its launch yet show nothing on its implementation! People aren't stupid!
How much did Laois Recieve for the redevelopement of OMoore park?

The government gave 3 million, it was a 7 million plan to make Dublin the 'greatest GAA county in Ireland'. That's a quote from Seán Kelly, he helped with the set up of the plan. It was mutually beneficial. I have never tried to hide the GAA were part of this plan as why would I? It doesn't make it any better that some of the money came from the GAA.
That's also why I said earlier the GAA should stop thinking of it's pockets for once and make Gaelic football and hurling fair games again. Split Dublin and spread funding equally, also cap what can be spent o senior inter county teams.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 11:01:14 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:50:01 PM

I did not, I said they have received 7 million and provided quotes from Bertie and Seán Kelly at the launch. The GAA giving huge money towards this plan is no better than receiving it from the government. In fact some might see it as worse.

I never said anything about what the DCB did or didn't do until the last page.

I haven't had to climb down in fact I'm pretty sure I told you the last time we had this discussion about who were the sources of th money. Maybe it was one of the other Dubs.

You did get 3 million off the government and receiving money of the GAA that had nothing to do with the general spread of resources is wrong. No one else got this special treatment.

The only thing on quicksand is Dublin playing as 1, the split is on the way.

Sorry do you or do you not admit that your original assertion of us getting 7m of taxpayer's money was untrue.

How do you know we received 3m of Govt money. Give me proof and I'll believe you . I promise!

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 11:19:31 PMSorry do you or do you not admit that your original assertion of us getting 7m of taxpayer's money was untrue.

How do you know we received 3m of Govt money. Give me proof and I'll believe you . I promise!

Where did I say the 7 million was from taxpayers money? If I did it's not what I meant. Without the backing of the government the plan couldn't have went ahead, they needed the extra funds. The deal was under negotiation for about 2 years.

It will be in government records or something, I don't know where to search for them. It was 2005 so I don't know i it was announced in the budget or where.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 11:28:24 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 11:19:31 PMSorry do you or do you not admit that your original assertion of us getting 7m of taxpayer's money was untrue.

Where did I say the 7 million was from taxpayers money? If I did it's not what I meant. Without the backing of the government the plan couldn't have went ahead, they needed the extra funds. The deal was under negotiation for about 2 years.

It will be in government records or something, I don't know where to search for them. It was 2005 so I don't know i it was announced in the budget or where.

Good night Walter Mitty