Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:25:56 PM
im not trying to change the topic! Your argument is based on Dublins comparative advantage to other counties yet when valid points are put to you you decline to engage
How much money did Laois recieve for OMoore Park?

No it's not, I'm not discusing Dublins popultion, the fact it plays every game at home, has the ref onside etc etc I'm discussing the money received with the aim of making them 'the Greatest GAA county in Ireland'.
Start a new thread on Laois if you want.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:32:11 PM
Nobody knows anything about this 7m except you.

I know exactly how Dublin have made incremental improvements. And money was the least of them!

The only substantial improvement offered from the GAA was to increase the number of GPO's from 14 to 50 and half their salary is paid by the club itself!

So you haven't a rashers what's going on.

So Bertie, Seán Kelly etc were just making things up? The accounts the GAA have released were all false? Dublin weren't getting 1 million per year? Dublin improved from no where in hurling to All Ireland contenders with hard work alone? Dublin went from barely ever winning underage titles to dominating them in football and hurling because of these 'incremental improvements' and not because they received bucket loads of cash?  ;D Get out of it.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:33:24 PM
How mch did Laois recieve for the redevelopment of OMoore Park?

Start a new thread on that.
Peter Quinn

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:36:08 PM
Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 25, 2013, 05:25:24 PM
This is vague unsubstatiated nonsense. The reason you don't have any detail is your making it up. 7 million of taxpayers money my hole!

There was a strategic programme manager appointed with regional development officers, hurling development officers and games promotion officers.
Each club had access to a development officer. They would work in different regional areas, the main aim was to target schools and identify and train elite talent. These people cost money, when you add on payment of coaches, equipment, facilties etc etc you can begin to see what sort of set up we're dealing with.

Yeah. Your quoting from the Dublin GAA Strategic Plan released about 10 years ago. Where is 7 million of tax payers money mentioned in it?

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:39:05 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:25:56 PM
im not trying to change the topic! Your argument is based on Dublins comparative advantage to other counties yet when valid points are put to you you decline to engage
How much money did Laois recieve for OMoore Park?

No it's not, I'm not discusing Dublins popultion, the fact it plays every game at home, has the ref onside etc etc I'm discussing the money received with the aim of making them 'the Grates GAA county in Ireland'.
Start a new thread on Laois if you want.
i don't really care what Laois do! It world be great if counties like Laois got there act together and invested the 2 most important commodities into their games TIME and ENERGY
How much did Laois recieve for OMoore park?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 25, 2013, 05:44:04 PM
Yeah. Your quoting from the Dublin GAA Strategic Plan released about 10 years ago. Where is 7 million of tax payers money mentioned in it?

Why wouldn't I quote from that? That's when the plan came into place. That's why Dublin have won 2 All Irelands in 3 years.
Most of the money came from Irish citizens, some came from the GAA.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:45:53 PM
i don't really care what Laois do! It world be great if counties like Laois got there act together and invested the 2 most important commodities into their games TIME and ENERGY
How much did Laois recieve for OMoore park?

Start a new thread on Laois.
Peter Quinn

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:47:59 PM
Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 25, 2013, 05:44:04 PM

Why wouldn't I quote from that? That's when the plan came into place. That's why Dublin have won 2 All Irelands in 3 years.
Most of the money came from Irish citizens, some came from the GAA.

I repeat, where is 7 million of Irish Citizens money mentioned in this plan or anywhere else for that matter?

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:43:18 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:32:11 PM
Nobody knows anything about this 7m except you.

I know exactly how Dublin have made incremental improvements. And money was the least of them!

The only substantial improvement offered from the GAA was to increase the number of GPO's from 14 to 50 and half their salary is paid by the club itself!

So you haven't a rashers what's going on.

So Bertie, Seán Kelly etc were just making things up? The accounts the GAA have released were all false? Dublin weren't getting 1 million per year? Dublin improved from no where in hurling to All Ireland contenders with hard work alone? Dublin went from barely ever winning underage titles to dominating them in football and hurling because of these 'incremental improvements' and not because they received bucket loads of cash?  ;D Get out of it.

This is where it gets funny.

In football

Dublin have won 1 All-ireland Minor Title since 1984. In 2012 and contested only 2 other finals in that period. 2003 and 2011. Mayo for example since 1984 have been 7/8 all-ireland minor finals!!!

in hurling

Dublin haven't won a minor since 1965 and have contested only 3 finals since. 1983, 2011 and 2012.

So the facts don't stack up on your bizarre ramblings I'm afraid.

Throwing out census population claims when the entire area of Tallaght ( a larger population then Limerick) is serviced by 3 GAA clubs- none of them successful since the early 90's only adds to your meanderings.

People keep talking about "well if this part of Dublin played GAA". Face facts there are vast tracts of Dublin that will never play GAA. Ever.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:43:50 PM

as far as I'm aware you are not a Moderator and just because you start a thread it doesn't give you the authority to censor posts! Man up and the answer the question !

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: deiseach on September 25, 2013, 05:04:47 PM
How many extra players has Laois received in the last couple of decades courtesy of being in the Dublin commuter belt?

That's a strange argument. Surely population redistribution from Dublin is not an "advantage" conferred on neighbouring counties but, rather, a reversal of an advantage that Dublin have long benefitted from ?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:51:38 PM

In football

Dublin have won 1 All-ireland Minor Title since 1984. In 2012 and contested only 2 other finals in that period. 2003 and 2011. Mayo for example since 1984 have been 7/8 all-ireland minor finals!!!

in hurling

Dublin haven't won a minor since 1965 and have contested only 3 finals since. 1983, 2011 and 2012.

Throwing out census population claims when the entire area of Tallaght ( a larger population then Limerick) is serviced by 3 GAA clubs- none of them successful since the early 90's only adds to your meanderings.

People keep talking about "well if this part of Dublin played GAA". Face facts there are vast tracts of Dublin that will never play GAA. Ever.

In the 20 years prior to receiving the 7 million Dublin appeared in 5 underage All Irelands, hurling and football.
Since 2005 they've been in 8. You can see the real effects of the money shining through recently with 7 of those finals since 2010.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:52:52 PM

as far as I'm aware you are not a Moderator and just because you start a thread it doesn't give you the authority to censor posts! Man up and the answer the question !

Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 06:13:57 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:51:38 PM

In football

in hurling

In the 20 years prior to receiving the 7 million Dublin appeared in 5 underage All Irelands, hurling and football.
Since 2005 they've been in 8. You can see the real effects of the money shining through recently with 7 of those finals since 2010.

7 million  ;D. This is quality entertainment.

In the mid 90's Dublin went up to Tyrone and went down to Kilkenny. They looked at their development teams and brought the concept to Dublin.

That's the root cause of our success recently. Nothing to do with 7m mythology

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 06:14:27 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:52:52 PM

no it's relevant to this thread. Answer the question !