The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Dirty Leeds heads  ;)

Any of you ever read The Damned United?, picked her up last week, it's not exactly kind to that great Leeds side, enjoyable read but doesn't half portray Brian Clough as a nutter...
#newbridgeornowhere

SLIGONIAN

Theres a movie aswell, have to say i enjoyed both.

Leeds Utd V Liverpool tonight in front of sold out Elland Rd in carling cup, won 7 drew 1 in L1, not a bad start...

Come on Leeds................
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Billys Boots

Good display last night, glad it didn't go to extra time with an important away game on Saturday.

I've been recommending that book for a long time Dinny, a great read.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

Ya great display last night, jees snoddy and johnson are playing well. Defence looked solid and wing backs were impressive especially crowe, seems to have solved our flanks problem under mcallister. Grayson is top quality manager. Pity we didnt get the win. At least deserved a replay. But all in all looking at the bigger picture it was probably the best end scenario, we can concentrate on the league till FA cup anyhow and we gained alot of confidence. Was impressed at the pace of our attacks and fitness levels and some of our passing was fantastic. MK Dons at the weekend big game. Bring it on.

Denn Forever

Beware the Dons.  Need to get closer to the top and stay there this time.  We don't do play offs well!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

SLIGONIAN

Leeds v Charlton heading for a 39,000 sell out at Elland Road for a League one match thats unreal.

Leeds City Council have agreed to buy thorp arch from a manchester based firm and sale and leasback to Leeds united, great deal and secures our future. We buy it back in 14 yrs. It was sold to pay off our debt a few yrs ago.

So good news all round. Super Leeds.

town lad

It is great to see Leeds on there way back, but as the upper part of the East Stand is not open tomorrow the crowd will be about 32,000. Still great for League 1.

SLIGONIAN

I read it on the leeds website, said only 1000 tickets left and none on sale on the day and that was it. Not like bates to close the upper tier when he'd sell a fair few. Didnt read that anywhere but have to take your word for it.

SLIGONIAN

4-0 win again today  ;D

7pts clear, great reaction to the millwall game.

cornerback

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 31, 2009, 05:05:38 PM
4-0 win again today  ;D

Still undefeated since the Millwall game.  Another late winner... i make that 4 draws and 1 deafeat all turned into victories in the last 10mins.  Thats the kinda form your looking for to gain the title and automatic promotion. Although admittedly the millwall game was a draw turned into defeat in the last 10mins!

stew

Quote from: cornerback on November 25, 2009, 04:59:52 PM
4-0 win again today  ;D

Still undefeated since the Millwall game.  Another late winner... i make that 4 draws and 1 deafeat all turned into victories in the last 10mins.  Thats the kinda form your looking for to gain the title and automatic promotion. Although admittedly the millwall game was a draw turned into defeat in the last 10mins!

When I win the megabucks lotto over here I am buying Leeds, they will be a premiership team inside of three years. I hope they inflict further misery on rafa.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stew on November 25, 2009, 05:56:19 PM
4-0 win again today  ;D

When I win the megabucks lotto over here I am buying Leeds, they will be a premiership team inside of three years. I hope they inflict further misery on rafa.

Dont forget about your new team Sligo aswell ;)

Great win again last night, looking good this yr. Hopefully the tide has turned. Rough couple of yrs.

But your right, Leeds are cheap now, and the value would sky rocket when we get back to premier. The fanbase cant be matched n league one so wed have more money, the fans stayed loyal, huddersfield crowd will be huge. Even the championship we'd have bigger crowds than most. Huge potential. No debts but sold the thorp arch and elland rd but have buy back priority.

stew

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 25, 2009, 06:40:46 PM
Quote from: stew on November 25, 2009, 05:56:19 PM
4-0 win again today  ;D

Dont forget about your new team Sligo aswell ;)

Great win again last night, looking good this yr. Hopefully the tide has turned. Rough couple of yrs.

But your right, Leeds are cheap now, and the value would sky rocket when we get back to premier. The fanbase cant be matched n league one so wed have more money, the fans stayed loyal, huddersfield crowd will be huge. Even the championship we'd have bigger crowds than most. Huge potential. No debts but sold the thorp arch and elland rd but have buy back priority.

No can do Sligonian, I would stick ten mil into an academy in Armagh for the development of our players, the rest would be spent buying a golf course in Florida or Spain or somewhere. Nine months abroad and three months in Ireland sounds good to me.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Dinny Breen

We are Leeds
We are Leeds
We are Leeds
We are Leeds
We are Leeds
We are Leeds
We are Leeds
We are Leeds

#newbridgeornowhere

SLIGONIAN

yeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss