Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Lion is a great show.
Another movie I love is About time. Great show.
Watched Le Mans 66 and it is what I thought it would be an advert for Ford and how great America is over the double crossing Italians. But if you can just take it on face value it's grand.

trileacman

Lion is okay, they drag the ass out of it there in the middle when he's putting up the pins on the board. There's a good 40 minutes there of sweet FA.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

time ticking away

Quote from: trileacman on December 30, 2019, 01:46:30 PM
Lion is okay, they drag the ass out of it there in the middle when he's putting up the pins on the board. There's a good 40 minutes there of sweet FA.
Apologies, I thought it was a great show but I'm wrong.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: trailer on December 30, 2019, 01:44:57 PM
Lion is a great show.
Another movie I love is About time. Great show.
Watched Le Mans 66 and it is what I thought it would be an advert for Ford and how great America is over the double crossing Italians. But if you can just take it on face value it's grand.

About Time is fantastic too. A real emotional wrecker too!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

They say testosterone levels drop off significantly in your 40s. After reading these posts, some of you lads may get a blood test in the New Year  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 30, 2019, 05:45:10 PM
They say testosterone levels drop off significantly in your 40s. After reading these posts, some of you lads may get a blood test in the New Year  ;D

Get in touch with your emotional side! Very healthy, bottling it up is bad, crying is good  :'(

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2019, 06:00:31 PM

Get in touch with your emotional side! Very healthy, bottling it up is bad, crying is good  :'(
I did see an hour of Little Women at the cinema the other day. Had to up and leave though.

Norf Tyrone

PM me hun.

X
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Main Street

RTE showed Bullitt in the early hours, I got sucked in after 2 minutes. It's the most underrated classic film of all time.  Not that people don't rate it but it's hardly ever on anyone's best ever list.

quit yo jibbajabba

Eamonnca1

That car chase did not age well. How many times did you spot the VW Beetle? And it's a great ad for why you should never buy an American car if you want the damn thing to go around a corner.

Eamonnca1

Was I telling you I watched 12 Angry Men again recently? Such a great film. Henry Fonda was great in it, but it's the writing and the cinematography that really keeps you gripped even though it's just about all filmed in one room.

Main Street

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 02, 2020, 04:38:18 AM
That car chase did not age well. How many times did you spot the VW Beetle? And it's a great ad for why you should never buy an American car if you want the damn thing to go around a corner.
+
You try cornering in the streets of San Francisco at 110mph?
The epic car chase in Bullitt was the first and remains unsurpassed, it's timeless.  But the car chase is just one of many memorable scenes in this classic film

lurganblue

A rare trip to the cinema with no cnut sitting on their phone in front of me or kicking the back of my chair as I watched Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker.  People have been on to social media criticizing the lack of direct dialogue and story development.  I cant get on board with that.  I thought it was quality and would happily sit down to watch it all again.

Art Mc Crory’s Sofa

Seen 1917. In a film almost universally centred around 2 characters it's bizarre that Mendes picks two guys who can't act. Richard Madden is especially poor as well. Set design is second to none though.