Ulster Club SFC 2019

Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Ulster Club SFC

Preliminary Round - 20th Oct
Cargin (Antrim) 0-12 vs 2-10 Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh)

Quarter Finals 2nd Nov
Crossmaglen (Armagh) vs Clontibret (Monagahan)

Quarter Finals 3rd Nov
Castlerahan (Cavan) vs Gaoth Dobhair/Naomh Conaill (Donegal)

Kilcoo (Down) vs Magherafelt (Derry)

Trillick (Tyrone) vs Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh)

brokencrossbar1

Kilcoos year to make the breakthrough I'd say. No real super teams there and they have been the most consistent of the teams left. GD will find it hard to repeat last years success. Trillick May fancy themselves and Clontibret may also reckon they have the marquee player in McManus to make the breakthrough. We are too young yet

Armagh18

After yesterdays demolition derby Cross would have to fancy themselves to push on. If they tightened up at the back they'd go far, that FF line they faced yesterday is excellent but Cross cut off supply to them big time in second half.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 21, 2019, 11:01:48 AM
Kilcoos year to make the breakthrough I'd say. No real super teams there and they have been the most consistent of the teams left. GD will find it hard to repeat last years success. Trillick May fancy themselves and Clontibret may also reckon they have the marquee player in McManus to make the breakthrough. We are too young yet

Derrygonnelly are seasoned ulster campaigners now, they'd be tough enough for Trillick and shouldnt be a walk over.. Yourselves racked up a decent score and that will not go unnoticed..

Kilcoo's age bracket I'm not sure of but they should win as Magherafelt will be still celbrating!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Strange that nobody is talking about current champions Gaoth Dobhair for Ulster this year.

Yes, they have to win Donegal yet, but they'll be hard to stop if they do.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: BennyCake on October 21, 2019, 12:20:01 PM
Strange that nobody is talking about current champions Gaoth Dobhair for Ulster this year.

Poor showing yesterday on the TV, bad day at the office?

StephenC

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 21, 2019, 12:23:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 21, 2019, 12:20:01 PM

Poor showing yesterday on the TV, bad day at the office?

Played their final against Kilcar in the semi and just looked off yesterday. Expect them to win comfortably the next day out.

Maroon Manc

Thats a great attendance they got in Derry.

Ethan Tremblay

Brokencross playing it very coy there.  Age shouldn't be an indicator of experience. It was the youth that drove that victory yesterday, although Carragher's introduction made an impact. 

Cross were in second gear until the second goal went in which was the only worrying sign, a better team would have made a hard time for cross to claw back a 4 point lead for a second time in the second half. 
If they played anywhere near what they did that last 20mins very few teams will cope with them. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

lurganblue

This old chestnut  :D

Cross will fancy themselves and rightly so.

Armagh18

Some bit of refereeing in Derry....

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: lurganblue on October 21, 2019, 12:56:32 PM

This old chestnut  :D

Cross will fancy themselves and rightly so.

Sure it's that time of the year ;)

lurganblue

Pearse Blue

Quote from: lurganblue on October 21, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 21, 2019, 01:32:28 PM
Some bit of refereeing in Derry....

Strange one that alright.
Apparently the ref had a fortune on them

BennyCake