Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on April 09, 2021, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:52:03 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 09, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:24:36 PM
Football might be a bit earlier;

8. 2021 Club Window Provisions
•   Important to note that we still do not have permission to return to club training or games yet (only training in pods of 15 allowed in the North)
•   However, calendar is set up in such a way that:
o   Club competitions with county players can take place as County teams exit the Championships (in football, teams start exiting from the end of June; in Hurling July 10th) [RESTRICTIONS PERMITTING]
o   From August 1st, all Counties bar All Ireland Semi-Finalists in Football and Hurling, and the teams in the Div 1 Hurling Relegation play off, will be free to stage club competitions with county players.  [RESTRICTIONS PERMITTING]
o   Additionally, the commencement of the Provincial Club Championships will be delayed until Mid-November.
o   Provinces have been requested to ensure Clubs from teams in the senior inter-county All Ireland Semi-finals and Finals will not be involved in the earliest round of the relevant Provincial Championship (where possible).
•   Senior Provincial Club Championship will most likely start in or around the weekend of Nov 20/21 (dates to be finalized by each Provincial Council).
•   All Ireland Senior Club Finals are provisionally scheduled for the weekend of February 12th/13th 2022.

thinking outside the box but does this mean we can start club league competitions WITHOUT the county players??

Strange wording in that indeed looks to be pointing that direction alright.

I think its pretty much to say club championships cant start to after, if its put to clubs that leagues to be played without county players id say most would be agreeable.

I'd say the clubs will be chumping at the bit to get this up and running regardless of county players or not... Whether its a no promotion relegation format for the league is not a problem.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2021, 01:17:54 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on April 09, 2021, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:52:03 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 09, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:24:36 PM
Football might be a bit earlier;

8. 2021 Club Window Provisions
•   Important to note that we still do not have permission to return to club training or games yet (only training in pods of 15 allowed in the North)
•   However, calendar is set up in such a way that:
o   Club competitions with county players can take place as County teams exit the Championships (in football, teams start exiting from the end of June; in Hurling July 10th) [RESTRICTIONS PERMITTING]
o   From August 1st, all Counties bar All Ireland Semi-Finalists in Football and Hurling, and the teams in the Div 1 Hurling Relegation play off, will be free to stage club competitions with county players.  [RESTRICTIONS PERMITTING]
o   Additionally, the commencement of the Provincial Club Championships will be delayed until Mid-November.
o   Provinces have been requested to ensure Clubs from teams in the senior inter-county All Ireland Semi-finals and Finals will not be involved in the earliest round of the relevant Provincial Championship (where possible).
•   Senior Provincial Club Championship will most likely start in or around the weekend of Nov 20/21 (dates to be finalized by each Provincial Council).
•   All Ireland Senior Club Finals are provisionally scheduled for the weekend of February 12th/13th 2022.

thinking outside the box but does this mean we can start club league competitions WITHOUT the county players??

Strange wording in that indeed looks to be pointing that direction alright.

I think its pretty much to say club championships cant start to after, if its put to clubs that leagues to be played without county players id say most would be agreeable.

I'd say the clubs will be chumping at the bit to get this up and running regardless of county players or not... Whether its a no promotion relegation format for the league is not a problem.

link the relegation to championship, clubs who haven't had a chance to win promotion last year deserve a chance at it this year but equally clubs dont deserve to be potentially relegated due to having players good enough for county unavailable, would def be workable.

delgany

There is no relegation in 2021 leagues, with promotion from lower divisions dependent on playing the majority of 1 round fixtures. In football, top 4 play offs to determine league winners.

Spike

Great to see the rippling of normality coming back with kids and players back on the pitches. I think we're all ready for it, players chomping at the bit to get back to it. Should be a good and positive league and championship coming up.  Any outside contenders this year you think?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on April 15, 2021, 09:37:51 AM
Great to see the rippling of normality coming back with kids and players back on the pitches. I think we're all ready for it, players chomping at the bit to get back to it. Should be a good and positive league and championship coming up.  Any outside contenders this year you think?

Would love to comment on predictions but not allowed  ;D

Any word on the Ulster/ All Ireland club championships? I hope these are resumed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

haven't heard, other priorities up first i'm sure. 

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2021, 09:52:53 AM
Quote from: Spike on April 15, 2021, 09:37:51 AM

Would love to comment on predictions but not allowed  ;D

Any word on the Ulster/ All Ireland club championships? I hope these are resumed

Read in I N today, that Tyrone Championships are scheduled to run into the Ulster clubs

themac_23

As soon as matches are allowed to be played they should play the divisional championships ocahan and berringer cup etc, be a great wee start with some competitiveness to blow the cobwebs off!

Belfast GAA man

Is GaelFast back in operation Yet? or still in isolation.... kids need more than ever

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 16, 2021, 03:11:22 PM
Is GaelFast back in operation Yet? or still in isolation.... kids need more than ever

Sure you're in the know

Belfast GAA man

No haven't heard a dicky birD . Good to see u haven't lost your chaRm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 16, 2021, 10:05:01 PM
No haven't heard a dicky birD . Good to see u haven't lost your chaRm

Why not just ask the person that was filling you in about the Gaelfast before. Be interested to hear how it's going

Belfast GAA man

Any word fo club leagues starting?

BigBallWeeBall

Armagh v Antrim. What are our chances of a victory.  If we are defeated is season over?

imtommygunn

I think that's an ok draw tbh. Honestly at the minute I think our better chances would maybe be against Fermanagh or Derry but Armagh would have been my next preference.