Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 22, 2020, 09:22:55 PM
What's the alternative though? One that will work in every game up and down the country? 4 or 5 watches for each ref?

Remove the sin bin.

Wave the old black card with gay abandon for cynical play, including diving and feigning injury, and for any verbals to the referee.

Watch our sport then grow a set.

The old black car wasn't perfect. But mainly because it wasn't applied properly.

theticklemister

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 22, 2020, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 22, 2020, 08:29:55 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 22, 2020, 08:26:07 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 22, 2020, 05:05:41 PM
10 minute sin binning does not include stoppages what the f**k

Where are you getting that from? In the Irish Times link above, it says:

"The time period in the sin bin shall be of 10 minutes duration irrespective of delays"

Isn't that the same as it was last year for the league?

Yeah irrespective of delays. So if a guy is sinbinned in the 17th minute and there is an injury for 5 minutes on the 22nd minute, he is then free to wonder on in the 27th minute and there has only been 5 minutes of actual play

Sorry, I thought you were saying the opposite.

Anything else would be difficult to implement but it definitely lends itself to play acting. How does women's football work it? I guess they have the clock, does that stop for injuries?

I referee ladies football here in Britain, both domestically and provincially. We don't have a clock, but I take into consideration the time I yellow card a player. I write down the time in my notebook of the dismissal and I am then conscience of extra time to be added in the next ten minutes and add it on

Ball Hopper

What's the alternative though? One that will work in every game up and down the country? 4 or 5 watches for each ref?

Black card = off to the end of the half or rest of game if in second half...too simple?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 22, 2020, 10:23:23 PM

Black card = off to the end of the half or rest of game if in second half...too simple?

It's ten minutes, if black carded on 22 minutes it'll be 10 minutes later, 2 minutes into second half (after first break of play) or if ref plays a minute it's the after the first minute of second half
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

How are officials for club games going to keep track of 2 or 3 players in sin bin?

Worse still, at under age level?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on January 22, 2020, 11:16:30 PM
How are officials for club games going to keep track of 2 or 3 players in sin bin?

Worse still, at under age level?!

The new score cards have a part for the sin bin, time written down of offence, quick glance at watch will alert you. Should be fine, it's the moaning though that'll be a pest, I'd only a few black cards all season so I doubt it will be much more than normal, though a big push for verbal abuse to referees will see the card used more often I suspect
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2020, 10:36:37 PM

It's ten minutes, if black carded on 22 minutes it'll be 10 minutes later, 2 minutes into second half (after first break of play) or if ref plays a minute it's the after the first minute of second half

Nope...till the end of the half, whether that be 28 mins or 2 mins.

lenny

Quote from: delgany on January 21, 2020, 07:04:14 PM
You cant have an advance mark from a kick out mark.

If the advanced mark is inside the large rectangle , you can tackle immediately.

Reading the changes , I believe there are too many permutations to interpret at club level!

If a player injures himself in the act of taking a mark and is unable to kick it, does another player get to take it and can he kick directly for a score. If so I could see that being abused eg in a tight game with a minute or 2 to go a player who isn't renowned for shooting gets a mark. He lets on to have injured himself and so the ace free taker gets taking the kick resulting in an easy point. Lots of loopholes which will need to be sorted out quickly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 23, 2020, 12:49:50 AM

I'm sure the trainers told us different, but with all the talking going on during the discussion and the fact that these things have changed so quickly you could be right

theticklemister

Quote from: lenny on January 23, 2020, 11:35:31 AM

If the advanced mark is inside the large rectangle , you can tackle immediately.

Reading the changes , I believe there are too many permutations to interpret at club level!

If a player injures himself in the act of taking a mark and is unable to kick it, does another player get to take it and can he kick directly for a score. If so I could see that being abused eg in a tight game with a minute or 2 to go a player who isn't renowned for shooting gets a mark. He lets on to have injured himself and so the ace free taker gets taking the kick resulting in an easy point. Lots of loopholes which will need to be sorted out quickly.

Closet player as determined by referee if he is properly injured.

Dabh

Quote from: lenny on January 23, 2020, 11:35:31 AM

Yes and Yes.
Thou it is a bit like the GO Games Rule - nearest team mate
If the Referee determines that the player who makes the 'Mark' has been injured in the process and is unable to take the kick, the Referee shall direct the Player's nearest team mate to take the kick but this may only be allowed in exceptional circumstances.
A Score may be made from the free awarded for a mark

As a result i have now updated our teams first aid policies.
We now have designated on-field first-responders for any injuries that may occur to those claiming advanced marks in tight games during the final quarter.
And when a player does get injured while claiming such a mark, make sure that they do not bother the refs with it until the designated first responder has arrived to validate the seriousness of the injury.
Meanwhile all other players also have a responsibility to ensure the injured player has a clear area around them and give the designated responder space to operate.
.. i assume most teams will adopt similiar policies

Milltown Row2

rosnarun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2020, 01:11:01 PM
He’s got 15 seconds or hop ball
so will lots of player go down as if injured to stop the clock?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2020, 11:38:55 AM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 23, 2020, 12:49:50 AM

I'm sure the trainers told us different, but with all the talking going on during the discussion and the fact that these things have changed so quickly you could be right

That's my solution MR2, not the current situation. 

All refs prob give a yellow in the first 15 mins of a game anyway and hold off the black, if not ignore the black at club level completely.

Eire90

Ciaran Donaghy  says get rid of black card an introduce a 50 metre rule for fouls that would have been a black card