Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on October 22, 2019, 10:34:55 AM
Quote from: highorlow on October 22, 2019, 08:30:57 AM
For the sin bin the small piece I read is the player binned can't come back on. I don't think managers or players will be happy to be binned.

Maybe they  should've made it for the time it takes the unbinned team to get say 5 points or more. No time wasting then and would lead to open play. Once the team gets the 5 points or 1-2 or 2-0 then the opposition player comes back on.

unbinned team stick to 4 points (unless they're still getting beat) and don't bother going for the extra score....

As Mr Dodds would say you can drive a coach and horses through that rule if implemented.

I've noticed games in football that  finished 0-05 0-04!

Everyone looking at the negatives, let the refs (with their ten extra watch's) allocate the right time based on time of ball in play, the team can time waste all they want providing the ref adds the time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Apparently it has been researched and for every 10 minute period that a team is down to 14 against the opponents 15, the expected score in that time is almost 2 points favourable to the team with the extra player. The current black card is no punishment to the team, especially the team with a strong bench. Think this was a no brainer to introduce and the yellow card will go the same way shortly (black card will be re-absorbed back into yellow card).

Advanced mark is the one I cannot understand. Can't see any reason for it - what it's trying to combat or achieve.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 22, 2019, 12:22:02 PM
Apparently it has been researched and for every 10 minute period that a team is down to 14 against the opponents 15, the expected score in that time is almost 2 points favourable to the team with the extra player. The current black card is no punishment to the team, especially the team with a strong bench. Think this was a no brainer to introduce and the yellow card will go the same way shortly (black card will be re-absorbed back into yellow card).

Advanced mark is the one I cannot understand. Can't see any reason for it - what it's trying to combat or achieve.

The advance Mark is going to be a nightmare for your club refs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

A pile of shite. Who are these f**king idiots and when is the last time they played football?

Rossfan

Usual GAA stuff, no one objects to a proposed rule, then it gets passed and everyone starts moaning about it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on October 27, 2019, 02:55:04 PM
Usual GAA stuff, no one objects to a proposed rule, then it gets passed and everyone starts moaning about it.

Yes, but the vast majority of GAA folk don't get to vote at Congress.

general_lee

Quote from: Rossfan on October 27, 2019, 02:55:04 PM
It's stupid though. I'm all for our sport evolving positively but at this stage these morons are just making changes for the sake of it. I can't think of one rule brought in over the last 20 years that actually made any difference in improving the game either as a player or a spectator. Who the f**k decides whether it's 20m or not!? Referees have enough on their plate. It's going to be more hassle than what it's worth.

Rossfan

theticklemister

Player intentionally for all the world to see goes and and tries to trip a player, misses, player runs run.

Attack comes to nothing. 

What you do?

Nanderson

Quote from: theticklemister on November 16, 2019, 05:01:03 PM
Player intentionally for all the world to see goes and and tries to trip a player, misses, player runs run.

Attack comes to nothing. 

What you do?
No foul occurred so play on?

magpie seanie

tyroneman

So I've now seen Refs allowing a defender to call a mark when they win the ball in their own 45.....so is there such a thing?

Rossfan

Yes, once it's from a kick over 20m from outside the 45.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyroneman on January 14, 2020, 11:58:40 AM
So I've now seen Refs allowing a defender to call a mark when they win the ball in their own 45.....so is there such a thing?

Is this a forward mark? or a mark from when the keeper kicks the ball ?

Itchy

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 22, 2019, 12:22:02 PM

Well I wouldve thought it was simple enough, its trying to encourage teams to play early long balls and increasing the reward for doing so with a free kick at goal and I suppose as part of that trying to get teams to push up on the kicker more which in turns unlocks the blankets somewhat. Whether it is successful or not I am not sure.