Managers and Payment

Started by heganboy, December 18, 2007, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the situation with your club paying a manager and are you ok with it?

My club pays our manager/trainer and I'm happy with that
8 (25.8%)
My club pays our manager/trainer and I'm not happy with that
4 (12.9%)
My club doesn't pay our manager/trainer and I'm happy with that
10 (32.3%)
My club doesn't pay our manager/trainer and I'm not happy with that
0 (0%)
I dont know if my club pays our manager/ trainer
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

lynchbhoy

..and what do you mean 'as usual'
I def dont make shit up....

Pangurban

Usual sources, i know a Man who knows a Man. Its all Bullshit, why would any Club pay the amounts quoted, there is no real benefit to be gained.

orangeman

As usual in that there are only a few who pay the big big money and the rest are on much much less -  no slight on you there !

Name the clubs then that are paying 30k euros or £20k !!

Are they all Derry clubs ? Tyrone clubs or where are they ?

lynchbhoy

fecks sake lads
from lads /relations I know in finance committees in clubs to the odd club chairman that I know well who have disclosed the amount they are paying 'their man'  its not a guess or fairy sotry
if you dont believe it
then dont
I have not quoted anything out of this world and the clubs as prev mentioned are all in Dublin or kildare.
No I wont mention them by name, I'm not that daft.
But if you are that keen to find out, come meet me in person some day for lunch in dublin (share the bill) and I'll tell you .

Bogball XV

Would it not be common for clubs to pay out the guts of £100 per training session/match to a manager?  If he has a good season, then you're talking about 150/200 appearances at £100 a go - £15-20K.  Even if it's less, it must be at least £50 a session, so that could be up to £10K.  Did you ever stop and wonder why an outsider would undertake a 120 mile round trip 2/3 times a week just to bestow some coaching nuggets on some crowd from half way up a mountain in Derry/Tyrone/Armagh? 

Goats Do Shave

Unless your manager is from your club - then there's a good chance he's getting 'paid'!

loughshore lad

Orangeman - how do you feel about our club paying managers? 
They have paid a number of managers/coaches over the last number of years - what is your take on that?
Do you think they will continue to pay managers?

On regards the payment thing lads I have heard like a number of others about managers getting paid quite well for a years work but am not 100% sure if the figures are quite as high as some people say. I do know of one club manager in Tyrone 2/3 years ago who definitely got £8k for the year and know of 2 coaches who last season charged £50 and £60 per session respectively.

passedit

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 19, 2007, 08:19:07 AM
Unless your manager is from your club - then there's a good chance he's getting 'paid'!

That's the bottom line and therein lies the solution if there's a will to stop it.

Pangurban, I have a mate involved in management in Kildare who backs up Lynchbhoy's figures. Nearer to home I was speaking to a manager of a Down club who felt that the £75 a session he was getting was at the bottom end of the pay scale. You can't stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalala forever.
Don't Panic

Hank Everlast

heganboy, turleys not doin bad on £150 a week with yourselves.... wat wud your opinion be?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Pangurban on December 18, 2007, 11:52:26 PM
why would any Club pay the amounts quoted, there is no real benefit to be gained.
that leads me to re-iterate, that its an open market, an auction type of scenario there....managers are obv helping raise their own pices because they are playing clubs off each other...
as its all done secretly, clubs dont know how much or who is after the same guy.
When you see the annual threads of who is going to manage who next year, its a merry-go-round of the usual suspects and because the same guys and names are touted for club jobs, then it is likely that there will be a few 'auction scenarios' happening.

IF the GAA was to declare a payment scale for managers, that clubs could use as a guideline, then the prices might come down. Right now, its a turkey shot for these coaches and the money they can make.....tax free !

THEREALGRASSROOTS

I know our club pays our manager the guts of £100 a week, which is a fair bit above the expense rate considering he only lives up the road! But I am one of the people involved in administering the money, I was involved in bringing him to the club and I agreed at the time to pay him.  He's brought us relative success but now, in light of this whole row, I've proposed we get rid.  Success should not be at the expense of the association.
Jazz flute is for fairies