Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Definitely need to be thinking along those lines. Ambition and hard work should find its reward. We need a dozen Antrim clubs thinking along these lines. What a difference that would make to the quality of players we are returning to the county pool.

I've said this before, but no harm in repeating. We talk a lot about county development squads and schools needing to do more.....but a club which gets its act properly together in developing its juveniles is in the best place of all to have the biggest influence and obtain the biggest reward.

St Endas are not waiting around. They are siezing the initiative for themselves and fair play to them. With such a massive catchment area they really should be a big contender in the years ahead.

Milltown Row2

Would it be a good idea to look at starting a nursery on the grounds of your Club?

St Enda's a great model for that and may start reaping rewards in the future...

I would love us to tear down the clubrooms (sell it off)  and locate down at the pitch with a new build and a possible Irish school type nursery 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: JimStynes on February 19, 2021, 11:39:56 AM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 06, 2021, 09:46:40 AM
I chuckled this morning when I seen promotional material for St Endas called Club 100.
They claim to be the biggest club in Antrim and Ulster and the  predominant club in South Antrim.  No mean feat.
There is a lot of competition with all the clubs in North Belfast.. Lol 😂😂
The last time I looked they had zero senior football and zero hurling championship medals.
They have a big membership, a growing nursery school and good size of land facilities but they  have also developed a BIG dose of DUP type arrogance as well.  Too soon to claim to be the biggest club in the world...

Listened to The Saffcast podcast this morning. Very impressive set up that St. Enda's have going on. A serious pick of schools and players feeding into their teams. Surely on numbers alone and with the sort of set up they have they'll be a championship winning club in a few years.

listened to it myself this morning and they have done a fine job at St Endas. I've been impressed with the work they have been doing on and off the field.

If they keep that going at underage level it gives the platform for a senior success at the club
hurl like f**k boi!

JimStynes

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 19, 2021, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 19, 2021, 11:39:56 AM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 06, 2021, 09:46:40 AM
I chuckled this morning when I seen promotional material for St Endas called Club 100.
They claim to be the biggest club in Antrim and Ulster and the  predominant club in South Antrim.  No mean feat.
There is a lot of competition with all the clubs in North Belfast.. Lol 😂😂
The last time I looked they had zero senior football and zero hurling championship medals.
They have a big membership, a growing nursery school and good size of land facilities but they  have also developed a BIG dose of DUP type arrogance as well.  Too soon to claim to be the biggest club in the world...

Listened to The Saffcast podcast this morning. Very impressive set up that St. Enda's have going on. A serious pick of schools and players feeding into their teams. Surely on numbers alone and with the sort of set up they have they'll be a championship winning club in a few years.

listened to it myself this morning and they have done a fine job at St Endas. I've been impressed with the work they have been doing on and off the field.

If they keep that going at underage level it gives the platform for a senior success at the club

They've a ridiculous number of children to chose from as well. That brings its own problems but a good problem to have all the same.

BigBallWeeBall

Positive  spin article in today's IN about Casement. Declan Lynch saying he hopes to play there again in an Antrim jersey and he might well do if he signs up for the Masters football.
When Casement development is stalled again as not enough money is available and I don't think funds will be available for 5-10 years can we hand the project to someone else to oversee.
The Saffron Business Forum team who have done a great job to date with everything they have organised could recruit a team.
Take back control from Ulster Council and make do for now with a smaller stadium for Antrim Gaels similar in size to Ravenhill but future proofed for expansion.
Otherwise it may be destined to be a new supermarket or housing development

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 20, 2021, 09:30:03 AM
Positive  spin article in today's IN about Casement. Declan Lynch saying he hopes to play there again in an Antrim jersey and he might well do if he signs up for the Masters football.
When Casement development is stalled again as not enough money is available and I don't think funds will be available for 5-10 years can we hand the project to someone else to oversee.
The Saffron Business Forum team who have done a great job to date with everything they have organised could recruit a team.
Take back control from Ulster Council and make do for now with a smaller stadium for Antrim Gaels similar in size to Ravenhill but future proofed for expansion.

Antrim can't take back something they have sold!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on February 21, 2021, 06:03:04 AM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on February 20, 2021, 09:30:03 AM

Antrim can't take back something they have sold!

How much did they get for it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Belfast GAA man

all GAA grounds are in the end owned by the GAa head Office - no money would have Chganged hands. the gaels of Antrim bough  the land by fundraising headed by Sean McGettigan and they had that much money over they bougt the land that now houses Rossa/ Sars and NPOl on shaws road

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 21, 2021, 02:53:43 PM
all GAA grounds are in the end owned by the GAa head Office - no money would have Chganged hands. the gaels of Antrim bough  the land by fundraising headed by Sean McGettigan and they had that much money over they bougt the land that now houses Rossa/ Sars and NPOl on shaws road

I know that but someone said it was sold, I was just wondering how much?

whatwillbwillb

Around the same time as the name was paid for by Croker, ask Mr Quinn how much they got and what was done with it.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on February 21, 2021, 05:05:00 PM
Around the same time as the name was paid for by Croker, ask Mr Quinn how much they got and what was done with it.
stop Talkin in riddles - what name was paid for?

bannside

Mr Quinn wouldn't have that remit. Nothing to see here!

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: bannside on February 21, 2021, 11:19:21 PM
Mr Quinn wouldn't have that remit. Nothing to see here!

Bannside no-one said he had a remit but he would know.  You have your finger on the pulse and circulate among these people ask what amount Antrim was paid by croker for its name and account for what the money was spent on? Thats the issue in Antrim theres plenty to see but the clubs are kept in the dark as are the delegates, thats why we're where we are today looking at looking at a derelict site!!!!

bannside

Ok, you are saying Antrim sold the naming rights of the new stadium to the GAA, in a secret deal that Antrim club delegates were not informed of, and that the money went into a "strange" bank account!!

This is wrong on so many levels....I simply don't believe this to be honest.