Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

So we're not allowed to call out plainly wrong decisions? We'll take it on the chin surely and come back as we always do. What club are you from? My guess is you won't say. Prove me wrong

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on October 31, 2021, 10:01:32 PM
I believe Casements will be launching an appeal, talk is that  Antrim CC made a balls up of the rules of extra time (after extra time) procedure. It appears CC sent out rules for the cship and didn't apply them. That's what I'm picking up.
Don't embarrass yourselves as a club by doing that BS

bannside

I hear what you say EOC. Just reporting the word on the street around the town tonight. Don't shoot the messenger lol.

bannside

Heres my position before this takes on a life of its own. If the rules are carried out in accordance with the guidelines then that's 100%. If Antrim CC made a balls up, take them to the cleaners and demand a rematch. Whatever the rules are, the rules are, there is no middle ground.

If the shoe was in the other foot I would have zero animosity towards Aghagallon for playing that card. Likewise if CC can find wriggle room, then that's ok too. But rules are rules, you can't make them up as you go along! 

EOC1923

The point is it was a critical decision in the result of the game you muppet.

stiffler

There is a precedent of the extra time rules not being followed by the letter of the law in Antrim, instigated by the county chairman no less.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Saffrongael

Is there no accountability for any of these clowns in Antrim ? County Secretary must know where the bodies are buried
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

BealnaBlath

Ports completely within their rights to appeal.

A county chair/secretary who have shown complete incompetence over the years. Ports have also been victim of not applying rules in a semi final xtra time few years ago.

Does the county secretary hold this post forever ?

Serious investigations and accountability required on them. Almost puppet like at times and we all know who for.

What's the point in having rules if we don't apply them?

JimStynes

So PG1 are appealing because they were beaten after extra extra time and they wanted penalties instead 😂

Gold

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 31, 2021, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: bannside on October 31, 2021, 10:01:32 PM
I believe Casements will be launching an appeal, talk is that  Antrim CC made a balls up of the rules of extra time (after extra time) procedure. It appears CC sent out rules for the cship and didn't apply them. That's what I'm picking up.
Don't embarrass yourselves as a club by doing that BS

Agree. Please don't embarrass yourselves and the County.

Both teams played the 5 mins each half and you lost. F me take your medicine
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

No Jim. It appears that the rules of the competition were not adhered to. That's a lot different to what you are implying.

If the rules are broken PG1are within their rights to appeal. I would expect nothing less than St Mary's to do the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot. You can't make the rules up as you go along. Either it's a rule or it's not. No black or white, it's or buts. And I'm saying that without having one clue about what the rule actually is.

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 31, 2021, 09:28:19 PM
Portglenone won't appeal anything, they will take their defeat on the chin and not look for loopholes as that's how we roll down around these parts. MR2 watch todays game back and explain that 21 yard free you gave to Creggan for the fair shoulder. You talk enough on here about all sorts of stuff you can talk about that. Scandalous. Good thing it's on social media for all to see

Was that free in first half or second half?

Calm Down

Question is would PG1 appeal if Cargin awaited them in the final? I doubt it

Also Dile is there a club out there that promised you a paid job and didn't pay you or something, ffs man would you ever dry uo

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on October 31, 2021, 10:43:11 PM
No Jim. It appears that the rules of the competition were not adhered to. That's a lot different to what you are implying.

If the rules are broken PG1are within their rights to appeal. I would expect nothing less than St Mary's to do the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot. You can't make the rules up as you go along. Either it's a rule or it's not. No black or white, it's or buts. And I'm saying that without having one clue about what the rule actually is.

Do you personally not think it is ridiculous trying to find a loophole like that to appeal?

Flanker

Quote from: bannside on October 31, 2021, 10:43:11 PM

If the rules are broken PG1are within their rights to appeal. I would expect nothing less than St Mary's to do the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot. You can't make the rules up as you go along.

BS were PG1 made aware of the finish on the day guidelines as mentioned by Delgany earlier

He seems to indicate secretaries & clubs were made aware

If correct were PG1 officials demanding penalties at the end of extra time?