Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

I see a tweet from a Cargin man about the Ref and then a Rossa man jumps on board giving it large to him.

Can Rossa not provide social media training to members? Makes the club look terrible.

north aontroim gael

A few very vocal lads on Twitter like to proclaim to be from the 'Premier' club but act like children

paddyjohn

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 31, 2021, 07:44:45 PM
A few very vocal lads on Twitter like to proclaim to be from the 'Premier' club but act like children

Agree.

rogercasement

Who was the grey haired fella number 11 for Aghagallon today? A fine footballer who linked things very well, would be useful in county set up.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 31, 2021, 07:49:33 PM
Are we going to address the comments from the Cargin man?

And indeed, paddyjohn, was it not yourself who was being called out on Twitter by Dunloy players due to comments you made on social media about their players??

Of course Cargin people will feel the ref shafted them. What's to address there?

Yes a few Dunloy lads called out my comments about a hurler who played until Un16 with Ballymena and left to hurl for Dunloy. What was wrong in that statement?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 31, 2021, 08:13:05 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 31, 2021, 08:11:06 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 31, 2021, 07:49:33 PM
Are we going to address the comments from the Cargin man?

And indeed, paddyjohn, was it not yourself who was being called out on Twitter by Dunloy players due to comments you made on social media about their players??

Of course Cargin people will feel the ref shafted them. What's to address there?

Yes a few Dunloy lads called out my comments about a hurler who played until Un16 with Ballymena and left to hurl for Dunloy. What was wrong in that statement?
You must have said something that annoyed them enough to come back looking for you after they won the championship. You should try to avoid that. It reflects poorly on both yourself and your club.

Did you see what I wrote?

Some lads just can't handle the truth, isn't that right pal.

podge

Quote from: delgany on October 31, 2021, 06:30:17 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2021, 06:07:48 PM
Would this leave the result open to an appeal? That would be messy.

Club secretaries were told of the finish on the day protocols on 10th Aug ! So I dont that there would be any grounds to appeal it !

If the finish on the day protocols stated extra time and penalties and that protocol wasn't followed then I would have thought very obvious grounds

imtommygunn

Yeah it is pretty clear cut but hopefully doesn't come to cut.

Some phenomenal scores by Eunan Walsh. Looked to have the game of his life.

paddyjohn

BealnaBlath

Been sent the on the day protocols and looks like serious mess up today by county board/secretary?

Serious grounds for appeal for Ports. Real shame for Agahgallon boys if so.

Shows up the incompetence on the county board again.

On another note thought both games were reffed brilliant today.

EOC1923

Portglenone won't appeal anything, they will take their defeat on the chin and not look for loopholes as that's how we roll down around these parts. MR2 watch todays game back and explain that 21 yard free you gave to Creggan for the fair shoulder. You talk enough on here about all sorts of stuff you can talk about that. Scandalous. Good thing it's on social media for all to see

EOC1923

Yeah I meant it. Fair bit of difference between calling out poor refereeing decisions and launching an appeal to be reinstated into the championship over a loophole. You understand ?

JimStynes

Already talking to a few men involved with Portglenone and they're not appealing anything. They were beat fair and square today in a great game of football. Nothing to see here. Creggan and Aghagallon have a final to prepare for in two weeks.

Sportacus

The final this year will be a breath of fresh air.  Creggan will carry the favourites tag but Aghagallon must be thinking why not. It's the chance of a lifetime now for them if they can keep the head. Well done to Antrim and TNN as well. 

bannside

I believe Casements will be launching an appeal, talk is that  Antrim CC made a balls up of the rules of extra time (after extra time) procedure. It appears CC sent out rules for the cship and didn't apply them. That's what I'm picking up.