Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 30, 2021, 09:55:19 PM
Good to see randalstown win that. Bound to have been since early Magill days since they won intermediate- I mind them in seniors earlyish noughties. Ballymena have a few titles anyway.

2000 I think
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

rogercasement

Paddyjohn, I think you are a Ballymena man, not quite sure but if you are insinuating TNN were training when ye weren't then I'm afraid the question would be why were you not?
Number of observations from game,
1. Randalstown much much fitter
2. Ballymena running down blind allyes
3. Ballymena lacked leaders, McViegh should've been a leader but only threw his weight around when game was over, should've been doing that from start imposing himself on game. Really surprised at All Saints failure to get big players on ball. Scotchy?
4. Fair play to Randalstown can see them surviving in senior.

rogercasement

Which is complete ballicks, how could rtown get away with it when no other club could?
Take yer beating and try an turn a population of nationalist people bigger than rest of sw put together into a gaa hotbed.

rogercasement

My argument is given the size of Ballymenas nationalist population they should be sweeping up at sw level, they are barely keeping their heads above water.

Saffsof82

Quote from: rogercasement on October 30, 2021, 11:12:31 PM
My argument is given the size of Ballymenas nationalist population they should be sweeping up at sw level, they are barely keeping their heads above water.

Don't know where it goes wrong for all saints. For 30 years they have had great juvenile teams, starting out at u12 beating everyone by a mile but they always seem to loose their way, and by the time minor comes around they are very average. I said that TNN would win this, strong side well coached with plenty of talent still to come through

rogercasement

My wee clubs OK we have about 150 in our primary school,  at a rough estimate I'd say Ballymena have 1000 plus, who is thriving?

Saffsof82

Take it Creggan or Cargin will have a change of jersey for one of them tomorrow?

rogercasement

Well I see pg1 at the bottom level of an upward trajectory not sure Bmena will ever reach that.

bannside

The better team won I don't think anyone can dispute that. Very impressed with the way Michael O Kane turned out the winners, hungry and we'll up for the fight. My loyalties were for the Ballymena men obviously but they can have no complaints. I'd have preferred to see Paddy Mc Aleer at 6, that's my only gripe, he's a class act and was wasted roving between 14 and 11. Too good a player to be frozen out of the action for such long periods.

Tir Na Nog will not be out of their depth in division one on tonight's showing and are another SW club on an obvious progress curve. From what I saw tonight they will be there for a while.

rogercasement

About Pg1? Yes I have and I think if you asked Bannside or any neutral observers they would agree that casements have yet to play to their potential this year!
But if we do....

rogercasement

Ps I want to reiterate my sentiments of how well the match was officiated tonight.

bannside

Duine.....make no mistake, PG1 are thriving. You can put that in the bank.

I'm around a long time and I like what I see at underage, big time. Quality work going on, results coming down the tracks.

First fruit, SW under 13 champions. Conveyor belt in progress...if anything we are three or four years behind our senior opponents Aghagallon in this regard.  PG1 very comfortable in its own skin with underage quality in its pipeline, enough to suggest the club will be there or thereabouts for quite a while.

rogercasement

Couldn't have put it better Bannside. Should also be pointed that underage is not about trophies! Remember reading a stat that amazed me about how few underage titles crossmaglen had won during their glory years, it was all about player pathway.

bannside

Roger, fair play, you're shout out to the referee tonight is worthy of note. Well handled from start to finish. Credit where it's due, you'de given him stick, but tonight he was good and you called it.

rogercasement

It's as simple as this, there were 2 black card offences in that game, there were 2 black cards given! That is all we want consistency, not black card given for one team and yellow for the city sorry other team. Fair play Mr Parkes