Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Good to c counyty chairman speak out about loss o elite status in paper today . John Horgan sounds like he couldn't be arsed

delgany

Quote from: groundlie on February 15, 2021, 10:14:22 AM

What's the reason for 2 managers?

Its a mystery. Money would be better spent on 2 coaches. Also they have a project manager?!
[/quote]

They do work with schools but also manage other aspects,  working with clubs, safeguarding courses, coach education etc.
One hurling / one football line managers - would be more apt role with the project manager on top.line !

EOC1923

A bleak report in the Irish News online today about the funding of Casement. This time the GAA wont be able to meet its 20% contribution "in the short to medium term".  How many more knocks can this project take before its pulled completely. What a disaster the whole thing has been.

Belfast GAA man

Yeah Fair thing wold be to sell One of Dublin's centres of excellence - greater need in Belfast

Milltown Row2

Just ask for it back, do it up and start playing games again, tear the stand down and put up something similar to Corrigan and away we go.

#bringcasementback
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AirlockCityCentre

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2021, 07:46:18 PM
Just ask for it back, do it up and start playing games again, tear the stand down and put up something similar to Corrigan and away we go.

#bringcasementback
Why hasn't it been used since they closed it up?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AirlockCityCentre on February 16, 2021, 08:29:44 PM

#bringcasementback
Why hasn't it been used since they closed it up?

Insurance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

#bringcasementback
Is right! forgot get the space ship and givs us back r casement . at this stage we would all be happy with a 5/10 thousand OPEN ground

groundlie

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on February 17, 2021, 10:19:47 AM
#givecasementback

Is this a rival # ?

;D

In fairness I'm not a # person so I don't even know what a # means

whatwillbwillb

Ahhh feck it, lets just build social housing twin it with Tiocfaidh Monagh or Tiocfaidh Ford housing developments. What a complete and utter B***s up. The biggest and only major construction project ever brought into West belfast for 40 years Jesus Wept!

BigBallWeeBall

With the recent terrible news about GAA financial situation I believe that we will have to wait 10 years for work to commence if at all. By this stage executive funding will have vanished and Casement will be returned to us as a small stadium that's fit for nothing. Shambles

Na Glinntí Glasa

personally i dont ever see Casement happening. By the time the GAA finds the money it will be too far down the line.

The planning approval will prob have ran out by that stage and need to go back in again! We may get used to Ballycastle and Corrigan Park for the foreseeable
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

I would agree DR. At least Corrigan has that new stand - if we ever get to see it!

EOC1923

Have to agree with you on that DR. I cant see it ever happening. I cringe reading articles from Stephen McGeehan from Ulster GAA on the subject. What a mess Ulster GAA made of it all from the very start. In their strategic plan released just yesterday or the day before "there is renewed optimism work will finally commence in 2021". Even without the pandemic there is only 9 months left in the calendar year, and with all the various obstacles in the way what sort of idiots do they take people for ffs. Antrim should be calling this out!!!