Destination Newry

Started by theticklemister, October 05, 2012, 09:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

Quote from: NP 76 on March 08, 2013, 11:05:49 AM
Is it true that Croke Park have stopped the streaming of County games and the club championship games. If this is the case it will be a big loss to the exiles who got great use of the service

Don't know what happened, but DN haven't been showing games recently. There is a facebook campaign to Bring Back Live GAA Matches On Destination Newry. https://www.facebook.com/livegaaondn?hc_location=stream

thebar

Quote from: NP 76 on March 08, 2013, 11:05:49 AM
Is it true that Croke Park have stopped the streaming of County games and the club championship games. If this is the case it will be a big loss to the exiles who got great use of the service

Dont think it can have come from Croke Park as Armagh are streaming championship games the cross match was available for £1 which is fair enough anyone I know living away oversees would have gladly paid it to watch there team come championship time.....why or what reason has the matches been dropped can someone from the County board explain??

T Fearon

I can confirm both Armagh Senior Championship semi finals will be streamed live,on Friday and Saturday evening coming respectively,as will the Armagh Intermediate Final on Sunday afternoon.

We show more love GAA than Sky does soccer ;D

Agent Orange

Who is that gobshite commentating on the Cross v Cullyhanna game today.

T Fearon

Which one? There were two. In any event they must have done a magnificent job, as they were lauded, along with the rest of the Armagh TV team, publicly by the Armagh Chairman during the Senior trophy presentation and personally by him afterwards, in a visit to the Commentary Box.

illdecide

Aye it was cringe worthy stuff alright, i think the UTV and BBC sports jobs are safe enough... ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on October 21, 2013, 09:35:37 AM
Which one? There were two. In any event they must have done a magnificent job, as they were lauded, along with the rest of the Armagh TV team, publicly by the Armagh Chairman during the Senior trophy presentation and personally by him afterwards, in a visit to the Commentary Box.
County Chairmen and microphones eh?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

I'll decide. Why not give the ould commentating a go yourself, and see how easy it is. Go on, I'll willingly let you take my place.

LeoMc

In fairness it could be no worse that some of Q101's co-presenters for Tyrone championship matches.
It is an incentive to go to the game so you don't have to listen.

Is there an option to run tweets across the bottom of the new MAG Orangebowl scoreboard so Tony could go for the full interactive experience.

T Fearon

Probably like ourselves. Amateurs doing our best, and hopefully improving as time goes on. Anyway, the Armagh TV project as a whole is gaining huge kudos, so some of us at least must be doing something right.

I'm sure in time, the big screen (used for the first time yesterday) will be able to accommodate tweets.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: T Fearon on October 21, 2013, 09:35:37 AM

We would have heard had the sound system had been down, pity it wasnt down during the game ;).

All joking aside i think the whole Armagh TV thing is a huge success and will be the blue print for many a county. Such a dull match to commentate on though.

Commentators are poor by professional standards but they are volunteers doing the best they can, how the dont let the odd f**k out of them i dont know esp out friend TAM last night, he ecitement at anything St. Pats did was the most enjoyable part of the production.

general_lee

Thought the commentary was top notch. Very informative. I'm sure neither have any previous experience so it takes a bit of guts to do that...

Am I right in saying though that both men commentated on respective finals featuring their home clubs? Games that they lost? An omen perhaps.

T Fearon

Thanks GL.Had a bit of professional experience (reporting not commentating ) for BBC radio years ago.Definitely not easy to do,and particularly difficult if the match is one sided.

Still,I suppose we're not getting crucified like Mark Sidebottom ;D

Armamike

Good commentary i thought. I wouldn't fancy doing it so wouldn't criticise anyone who's the nerve to do it.  Didn't realise that was TAM commentating - sort of explains why he got over excited anytime a Cullyhanna man made a block!

Armagh TV is a great service.
That's just, like your opinion man.

T Fearon

Thanks.Huge effort goes into this, by a squad of people.