Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

I am not running down the lads but it can't be easy getting beating evert week.

G@@

Depressing reading. https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/05/19/injury-crisis-deepens-as-depleted-laois-hurlers-prepare-for-relegation-showdown-with-westmeath/

Won't be broadcast on GAAgo either which is disappointing considering the 6pm start. Perhaps Radio Tullamore Midlands Radio 103 will broadcast it.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

All these hamstrings! Is it something they're doing in training?? No one else seems to have injury problems to this level...
If they manage to survive, it'll be some feat.

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Spiritof86

Huge match this evening for a few reasons . Retaining Liam McCarthy status and also a loss tonight could tarnish Cheddars legacy a little . He's done more good for Laois hurling than most people in this county and deserves a winning send off .
First time I've seen Westmeath ever  favourites against us in a competitive hurling match but the odds are justified. Hope there's a decent Laois crowd as the team will need it.

G@@

Indeed - a huge game. Agree with your sentiments above.

Spiritof86

Todays Joe mcDonagh results have thrown up a few things.
Am I reading this right ...The prospect remains bottom Munster team could face Kerry in play-off to determine 2023 Liam MacCarthy Cup place which means Laois and Westmeath result this evening may become irrelevant . ?

Laois man

Laois to win this evening the team named won't start. Shocking result for Offaly today.

imtommygunn

3rd in Leinster and Munster play winner and runner up in joe McDonagh.

Would have no bearing on Laois or Westmeath.

burdizzo

If Kerry win Joe McD, they play-off against bottom Munster team. IF that happens, as Spiritof86 says, there'll be no relegation from McCarthy Cup. I think.

imtommygunn

Oh, they must get two games then as they would play third in Leinster if they win. I am hoping they don't win the joe McDonagh mind you.

imtommygunn

burdizzo

Heh, heh. Well, Kerry beat Tipp earlier in the year!!

Mind you, I don't fancy Kerry to win the Joe Mc.

imtommygunn

In a friendly basically.yes I hope that Kerry do not win the McDonagh!

burdizzo

God, I hope they do - esp. if our lads lose tonight!