Laois Junior Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on September 05, 2017, 07:55:20 AM
And how was Tom Kelly allowed to skip Intermediate on his return? No vested interest but Parkinson looks to have got a raw deal

Who was Tom going to play intermediate with?!
And no Parkinson didn't, Portlaoise like to keep well up to date with rules & bye laws (sometimes at great expense), you'd imagine they would know the rules around a grading system we have had for about 7/8 years now. Bread and butter stuff.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 05, 2017, 09:16:05 AM
Your Club's playing teams is also a factor

Josephs 2nd Team is Junior A so he regrades to Junior A, i.e thats why Mick Lalor play's Junior C League most years as EMO regrade him down every year to their next available team Junior B/C

Parkinson I think thought because he had not played for a while was eligible for Intermediate, however the Portlaoise Club Secretary has to regrade him with the time he had he could have been Junior C over several years.  I think it must have to come to light in March but if it had been January/Feb would have not been an issue.

Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot that Joes had no Intermediate team.

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 05, 2017, 01:15:49 PM
And no Parkinson didn't, Portlaoise like to keep well up to date with rules & bye laws (sometimes at great expense), you'd imagine they would know the rules around a grading system we have had for about 7/8 years now. Bread and butter stuff.
Wasn't he banned from being a member? Doubt the top table gave two fucks about him during those years.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on September 05, 2017, 03:46:37 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 05, 2017, 01:15:49 PM
Wasn't he banned from being a member? Doubt the top table gave two f**ks about him during those years.

I can't imagine not regrading him was a mistake!!

redsetanta

Some comeback by Kilcavan against O'Dempseys yesterday. 13 points.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

What the feck happened Park?
Terrible result for them.

clonadmad

Objection lodged by Park to Joseph's fielding an ineligible player (Garvan)

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on September 20, 2017, 03:40:43 PM

Don't like this. Chances are they knew beforehand if he was ineligible. Looking at the scoreline, I don't think he was the difference!

SCFC

Pathetic if true.

Bueller

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 20, 2017, 04:27:39 PM

Don't like this. Chances are they knew beforehand if he was ineligible. Looking at the scoreline, I don't think he was the difference!
Did Joseph's know he was ineligible? Does this mean Kelly was eligible? Was it only Garvan questioned? Unpalatable business when Championship rules are questioned.

clonadmad

Quote from: Bueller on September 20, 2017, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 20, 2017, 04:27:39 PM

Did Joseph's know he was ineligible? Does this mean Kelly was eligible? Was it only Garvan questioned? Unpalatable business when Championship rules are questioned.
The rumor is that they fielded an ineligible player in 2016 also,certain clubs knew about it,but no one objected.

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: SCFC on September 20, 2017, 05:06:01 PM
Pathetic if true.

Not Pathetic at all. If its true the book should be thrown at them. What goes around comes around.

Downtheroad

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on September 21, 2017, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 20, 2017, 05:06:01 PM
Pathetic if true.

Not Pathetic at all. If its true the book should be thrown at them. What goes around comes around.
Fairly certain Garvan was never regraded. If so, they are gone.

steven seagal

Ah lads, is their no one in London that knows of a way out of this?  ;D ;D

BallyroanAbu

The problem lies in the whole volunteer segment of the GAA,  the rule is you must regrade downwards one level of your club teams at a time(must be submitted to county board in Feb/March), so say Rodgers in Portlaoise has to go down from Senior to Intermediate that's 2017 to go to Intermediate to Junior A is 2018 and so on with B & C.  Many  Clubs, Managers & Players are not fully versed in this.  You can start on about they should be but at the end of the day Club Secretary is a volunteer role with a lot of movement within positions over the  years and experience may not always be possible.  The County Board should allow automatic regrades if you have not played for a certain period of time without having to formalise it.  This is where the problem lies, Player does not play for a couple of years and everyone thinks he is now eligible for lower grades because of this simply not true.