FIFA Corruption arrests.

Started by topcuppla, May 27, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Corruption in FIFA, well i never seen that coming lol

From the Bunker

Quote from: ludermor on May 27, 2015, 01:10:24 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 27, 2015, 11:22:22 AM
Blatter et al are stains on world football. But some of the blame are lies with the organisations and individuals that kept this shower in power for so long. Self interest is the keyword in this and I'll rear up if John Delaney starts pontificating on how the FAI always wanted change....yada yada yada.

World Cup in Qatar - you may as well be having the Olympics in Ballymahon.
Delaney obviously has a lot of influence in UFEA http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32891267
Delaney said the FAI will also back Prince Ali and that Blatter should step down for "the good of the game".
"If he was doing the right thing by football, which he says he cares and loves, then he should step aside and let somebody else come forward and improve the image of the world game," added Delaney.
"Uefa's image is very good, which is run by a good friend of mine Michel Platini. "I can go to Uefa and ask 'can we increase the Euros from 16 teams to 24' which I did, they get that.

Have to say that I'm glad Delaney has got a (very small) chance to stick the Knife and twist it into Blatter. As bad as Delaney is, Blatter acted  a complete and utter P***k during the Henry handball incident.

Soccer is corrupt at all levels of the professional side of the game. Can only be expected with the money involved.  The Amateur level in Ireland is huge and does brilliant work.

stew

Blatter is sudenly going to get ill and will be too frail to A. Continue in his capacity as FIFA President and B. To stand trial for the sins he was involved in/oversaw in fixing world cup venues, bribery and corruption and most importantly, the use of slave labor in Qatar and Africa among other places.

The man is pure scum and I hope he rots in jail.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on May 27, 2015, 09:34:55 PM
Blatter is sudenly going to get ill and will be too frail to A. Continue in his capacity as FIFA President and B. To stand trial for the sins he was involved in/oversaw in fixing world cup venues, bribery and corruption and most importantly, the use of slave labor in Qatar and Africa among other places.

The man is pure scum and I hope he rots in jail.

I suspect Blatter is, shall we say, unreliable. I hope any investigation confirms my beliefs. I suspected Lance Armstrong was the same and was delighted when my beliefs were confirmed.

Stew iirc you attacked posters on here for questioning Lance Armstrong without evidence, yet without evidence (unless you have something in which case please show it) you want Blatter to rot in jail.

MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

I don't know what the issue is here with Delaney - he's not the best 'performer' I've ever seen, but I think he's been effective in terms of what he's working with.  The state of grassroots and under-age football has improved greatly under his watch - there's still a way to go, but it's definitely going in the right direction.  What else can you ask of the man?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 27, 2015, 07:44:47 PM
Blatter et al are stains on world football. But some of the blame are lies with the organisations and individuals that kept this shower in power for so long. Self interest is the keyword in this and I'll rear up if John Delaney starts pontificating on how the FAI always wanted change....yada yada yada.

Delaney obviously has a lot of influence in UFEA http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32891267
Delaney said the FAI will also back Prince Ali and that Blatter should step down for "the good of the game".
"If he was doing the right thing by football, which he says he cares and loves, then he should step aside and let somebody else come forward and improve the image of the world game," added Delaney.
"Uefa's image is very good, which is run by a good friend of mine Michel Platini. "I can go to Uefa and ask 'can we increase the Euros from 16 teams to 24' which I did, they get that.

Have to say that I'm glad Delaney has got a (very small) chance to stick the Knife and twist it into Blatter. As bad as Delaney is, Blatter acted  a complete and utter P***k during the Henry handball incident.

Soccer is corrupt at all levels of the professional side of the game. Can only be expected with the money involved.  The Amateur level in Ireland is huge and does brilliant work.

He basically lampooned us for being up in arms about being cheated so blatantly. He laughed at us. sc**bag.

Shamrock Shore

I think Delaney could have shouted STOP at least 5 years ago. Nobody would have listened but what matter. He'd be on record opposing Blatter as opposed to be viewed as being overly loyal to Blatter's until the other day. When Blatter publicly laughed at the "33rd team" at the 2010 World Cup Delaney should have sown in the boot.

I appreciate the work Delaney has done on the grassroots. Comes across as a clown sometimes in the media and that's his own fault. Tries to be all things to "the best supporters in the wurrild" and this is his Achilles heel.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 28, 2015, 12:13:15 PM
I think Delaney could have shouted STOP at least 5 years ago. Nobody would have listened but what matter. He'd be on record opposing Blatter as opposed to be viewed as being overly loyal to Blatter's until the other day. When Blatter publicly laughed at the "33rd team" at the 2010 World Cup Delaney should have sown in the boot.

I appreciate the work Delaney has done on the grassroots. Comes across as a clown sometimes in the media and that's his own fault. Tries to be all things to "the best supporters in the wurrild" and this is his Achilles heel.

I just think he is grossly overpaid (partially by us taxpayers) and oversees an organisation with a patchy, at best, track record. He's there a long time to have some grassroots underage coaching improvements as his only success. Any organisation with money to spend can pay coaches to coach kids.

Canalman

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2015, 11:54:55 AM

He basically lampooned us for being up in arms about being cheated so blatantly. He laughed at us. sc**bag.

Think and I could be wrong that he laughed at the suggestion that was made  that an extra place be made for us in the WC finals.

Henry handball a blessing in disguise. A hardluck story to stoke our inherent sense of injustice. Priceless.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2015, 11:54:55 AM

And anyone he directed it at deserved it for being so moronic about it. Players cheat constantly in games, it just happened that this particular instance cost Ireland a goal. Robbie Keane cheated earlier in that campaign to grab a winner over Georgia I think it was and nobody every brings it up. Laughable.

magpie seanie

The "33rd team" suggestion and the reaction after Thierry Henry's deliberate handball were a bit OTT but for the top man in world soccer to come out and publically laugh at Ireland over it was a complete disgrace. It gave an insight into the type of individual you have here. Basically scum.

gallsman

He is absolutely scum, but if your issue with him is that he was withering about the pathetic appeal of the FAI and the hypocritical bleating of the Irish people over Henry, rather then you know, slave workers in Qatar, deaths of slave workers in Qatar, gay bashing in both Russia and Qatar or the overall corruption and moral emptiness of FIFA, then I'd suggest your priorities are wrong.

deiseach

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2015, 01:31:58 PM
And anyone he directed it at deserved it for being so moronic about it. Players cheat constantly in games, it just happened that this particular instance cost Ireland a goal. Robbie Keane cheated earlier in that campaign to grab a winner over Georgia I think it was and nobody every brings it up. Laughable.

I'm pretty Robbie was penalised during the France game for handling the ball. Twice. On each occasion he gave his best who-me? stare at the ref.

deiseach

If the sponsors withdraw then Blatter is toast. Which, if you think about it too hard, is even more depressing.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on May 28, 2015, 01:44:15 PM
If the sponsors withdraw then Blatter is toast. Which, if you think about it too hard, is even more depressing.

This looks like a co-ordinated attack to me.
MWWSI 2017