FIFA Corruption arrests.

Started by topcuppla, May 27, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 29, 2015, 12:15:57 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2015, 12:00:03 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 29, 2015, 11:53:53 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2015, 11:51:04 AM
This is not an article from The Onion or Waterford Whisperers..... 

Senator John McCain on Thursday proposed military action to "dismantle and destroy FIFA once and for all."

"These are people who only understand one thing: force," McCain said on the floor of the United States Senate. "We must make FIFA taste the vengeful might and fury of the United States military."

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/mccain-urges-military-strikes-against-fifa

No it's not, but it is satire of a similar variety. Surely you didn't think it was real?

Of course it's real. Sure he said this as well......

McCain requested a four-billion-dollar aid package for moderate elements within global soccer, and said that the United States should be prepared to put boots on the ground in Switzerland.

That's not real GHD. Look at the URL. Holy God.

Of course its not real......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

gallsman

The thing is, your opening line, which effectively says "this is not from a satirical news site", suggests you believed it so and couldn't wait to jump at the chance to have a go at the gun totin' yank.

stew

Quote from: muppet on May 29, 2015, 11:01:16 AM
Quote from: stew on May 28, 2015, 04:59:33 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2015, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: stew on May 27, 2015, 09:34:55 PM
Blatter is sudenly going to get ill and will be too frail to A. Continue in his capacity as FIFA President and B. To stand trial for the sins he was involved in/oversaw in fixing world cup venues, bribery and corruption and most importantly, the use of slave labor in Qatar and Africa among other places.

The man is pure scum and I hope he rots in jail.

I suspect Blatter is, shall we say, unreliable. I hope any investigation confirms my beliefs. I suspected Lance Armstrong was the same and was delighted when my beliefs were confirmed.

I did not miss your point muppet!

So its a smoking gun you want is it????

1998 ELECTION

A key turning point to understanding FIFA's modern history and Qatar's influence.

After 24 years of Joao Havelange's presidency, FIFA member federations had a clear choice in choosing his successor.

Sepp Blatter was Havelange's long-time top administrator who intimately knew FIFA's culture. He had Havelange's support and use of an airplane from the then-Emir of Qatar, according to author David Yallop's 1999 book "How They Stole The Game."

Lennart Johansson, a FIFA vice president from Sweden, promised financial transparency. He was backed by Europe and Africa and seemed likely to get more votes.

Mohamed bin Hammam of Qatar was then a FIFA executive committee member and key campaigner for Blatter.

Before the vote in Paris, intense late lobbying in hotels included widely reported offers of $50,000 to African delegates.

Blatter won 111-80, enough for Johansson to concede defeat before a second-round run-off.

At his victory news conference, Blatter dismissed questions of corruption, though he has since referred to reported vote-buying at the Meridien Montparnasse hotel.

"I will maintain that I was not there so it couldn't be me," Blatter said during his 2011 election contest — against Bin Hammam.

___

QATAR QUESTION

The FIFA executive committee's choice of Qatar as 2022 World Cup host was the explosive event of Blatter's third term and dominated his fourth. Cases of unethical behavior by some voters are still open.

Few think Blatter voted for Qatar, whose victory raised Bin Hammam's status six months before the 2011 FIFA presidential election.

Still, Blatter's reputation suffered. The 2018-2022 bidding contests showed a culture of entitlement and disregard for rules by some executive committee members which had festered on Blatter's watch.

An undercover sting by British newspaper The Sunday Times revealed the corruption that defined the bidding contests won by Russia and Qatar.

The 24-man executive committee of 2010 is now largely discredited: A life ban for Bin Hammam, shorter bans for others, some resignations to avoid FIFA sanctions and many allegations that were unproven.

Qatar has retained its 2022 hosting rights after a FIFA ethics investigation judged that wrongdoing by several bid candidates did not influence the results.

___

2011 ELECTION

Bin Hammam was boosted by Qatar's win and tired of waiting for old ally Blatter to leave. He ran for the presidency in 2011.

Blatter first promised European voters, then all FIFA members in a manifesto letter, that he would certainly stand aside in 2015 if he won.

In a tight race, 35 votes from the North American confederation seemed key.

Blatter pledged $1 million of FIFA money — a gift now barred by election rules — at CONCACAF's assembly one month before polling.

The next week, Bin Hammam went to Trinidad to meet Caribbean delegates who were offered $40,000 cash per country. Some of them blew the whistle to CONCACAF secretary general Chuck Blazer, an American smarting from the loss of World Cup hosting to Qatar.

The ensuing bribery scandal saw Bin Hamman withdraw days before the vote, then suspended by the FIFA ethics committee.

Blatter was re-elected unopposed and Bin Hammam, who suspected complicity in a plot to entrap him, never returned to FIFA.

___

CLUMSY WITH KICKBACKS

For 12 years of Blatter's reign, the kickbacks scandal of FIFA's former marketing partner ISL was a toxic threat.

Stew iirc you attacked posters on here for questioning Lance Armstrong without evidence, yet without evidence (unless you have something in which case please show it) you want Blatter to rot in jail.

Eh Armstrong never had a released positive test and was the single most tested Athlete of all Time.

Blatters FIFA has had top officials jailed for asking for Bribes.

Jack Warner.

CONACAF. Jack Warner, whistleblowers, the IRS, The Government of the United States has built a case against the **** spanning decades.

The way he went against FIFA's own rules and seeded the playoffs which had a direct impact on Ireland when they were involved, he tried to get the French and the Russians in and got that half right, no way was that b**tard going to give Ireland another crack at the French, too many eyeballs and too much money to let that happen.

Islands with a population of 5,000 that are not even considered a nation have the same voting rights as Germany, England or Brazil.

His track record of allowing workers to be abused in South Africa and his backing of Qatar even though those b**tards are holding foreign nationals passports and refusing to let them out of the country, one of who was an Austrian division 2 player of some note.

The man has been a blight on the sport for forty years and I stand by my comments, if you cannot see the difference between his case and that of Armstrongs I cannot help you.

You missed my point.

You condemned anyone who criticised Armstrong, because of no smoking gun.

You are now doing the same.

(And now we know that Armstrong DID test positive as did most of his teammates. And it was Armstrong who insists he was the most tested athlete of all time - he is hardly a reliable source is he?).

I will be as happy as anyone if Blatter goes down. But I want to wait and see what exactly he did that is indictable, rather than 'allowing workers' to be abused. If you wear top sports brands you are doing the same.

Were the results of this test Armstrong had ever released at or close to the time they were taken? NO!

Armstrong was constantly tested and passed thousands of tests, he deserved to be considered innocent until proven guilty based on the fact that he always tested negative.

I saw him once cycling up a mountain eating a sandwich with both hands off the handlebars, he passed the guy in second who was toiling away, head down dying as Armstrong passed him like it was nothing, at that point it was obvious he was juicing but still he had never tested positive as far as we knew.

Blatters track record is horrendous on human rights, bribery and corruption, he bribed people himself as the article on human rights is deplorable and getting worse.

As bad a man as Armstrong is, Blatter is worse simply because he has far more power to wield and uses it to great effect to further his agenda.

Again, the body of wrongdoing, mismanagement and knavery is there for all to see over a period of forty years, especially the last seventeen since he has been President, there is a start difference in these cases and it is an unfair comparison in many way, an individual riding for a tiny team as opposed to a corrupt dictator who runs the biggest sporting body the world has ever seen.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner gave a defiant speech to supporters a day after he was charged in a U.S. corruption case that has led to the arrests of more than a dozen international football officials and businessmen.

Warner left a Trinidad jail by ambulance on Thursday, with judicial officer Ibrahim Ali saying Warner had complained of exhaustion and was not able to face questions from reporters gathered for several hours outside the jail.

Officials within his Independent Liberal Party said in a statement that he would speak at a community meeting on Thursday night, and the 72-year-old appeared in front of supporters in the district he represents as an opposition member of the Trinidad and Tobago Parliament.

Warner said: "If I have been thieving FIFA money for 30 years, who gave me the money? How come he is not charged? Why only persons from Third World countries have been charged?"

I seem to recall saying Blatter would pull the 'I am sick as fcuk' card, Warner, his one time bestie just threw him under the bus, these rotten bastard leeches are going down, they will turn on each other to save their own skins and I hope there is a boycott by EUFA and others of the next two world cups if Blatter gets re-elected, the English are already talking about that option.

Who the f**k wants to go to Russia given the state of that country both financially and morally?

I hope the WC, the next two are taken from these two countries the second they find evidence they rigged the vote, but only if they find it.

topcuppla

There is no way they will take it off Russia with that mental bastard in charge.

JoG2

Quote from: stew on May 29, 2015, 04:01:35 PM
Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner gave a defiant speech to supporters a day after he was charged in a U.S. corruption case that has led to the arrests of more than a dozen international football officials and businessmen.

Warner left a Trinidad jail by ambulance on Thursday, with judicial officer Ibrahim Ali saying Warner had complained of exhaustion and was not able to face questions from reporters gathered for several hours outside the jail.

Officials within his Independent Liberal Party said in a statement that he would speak at a community meeting on Thursday night, and the 72-year-old appeared in front of supporters in the district he represents as an opposition member of the Trinidad and Tobago Parliament.

Warner said: "If I have been thieving FIFA money for 30 years, who gave me the money? How come he is not charged? Why only persons from Third World countries have been charged?"

I seem to recall saying Blatter would pull the 'I am sick as fcuk' card, Warner, his one time bestie just threw him under the bus, these rotten b**tard leeches are going down, they will turn on each other to save their own skins and I hope there is a boycott by EUFA and others of the next two world cups if Blatter gets re-elected, the English are already talking about that option.

Who the f**k wants to go to Russia given the state of that country both financially and morally?

I hope the WC, the next two are taken from these two countries the second they find evidence they rigged the vote, but only if they find it.

thats key. If they do, the sponsors go and Blatter goes through the mincer. He has pocketed so much he will be a rich man til his dying breath. Jail time is whats needed (note to Blatterites...IF he is proved guilty of corruption etc)

stew

There are those who say he never took a dime but was ok with those that did as long as they were in his pocket, to me, if true he should be locked up.

If not true he should resign as too much nad shit has gone down on his watch, but then again the only World body bigger than FIFA, The Catholic Church Canonized the man who was Pope when the sex scandals broke, these rich f**kers look after their own.

muppet

Quote from: stew on May 29, 2015, 03:41:20 PM
Were the results of this test Armstrong had ever released at or close to the time they were taken? NO!

Armstrong was constantly tested and passed thousands of tests, he deserved to be considered innocent until proven guilty based on the fact that he always tested negative.

I saw him once cycling up a mountain eating a sandwich with both hands off the handlebars, he passed the guy in second who was toiling away, head down dying as Armstrong passed him like it was nothing, at that point it was obvious he was juicing but still he had never tested positive as far as we knew.

Blatters track record is horrendous on human rights, bribery and corruption, he bribed people himself as the article on human rights is deplorable and getting worse.

As bad a man as Armstrong is, Blatter is worse simply because he has far more power to wield and uses it to great effect to further his agenda.

Any objective observer knew Armstrong's story simply wasn't credible. There was a failed test but it was covered up and Armstrong was well away of this.

Blatter's story looks to be about as credible as Armstrong's imho. But you still claim Armstrong was entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty someone exposed the cover-ups?
MWWSI 2017

stew

Muppet I thought he was guilty, I just was not willing to take a chance on being wrong and ruin an individual unless the evidence was there.

Blatter runs the most corrupt and biggest sporting body the planet has ever seen, he is the CEO who is in charge of billions of dollars and he has tens of thousands of employees all over the world that are accountable to him.

I have posted enough information on here to help you understand my point of view and I stand by it.

Finally, in my opinion this Prince is not the option either, in the cold light of day I think he will be found wanting for his act in 2010. I just wish Platini would run! ;)

muppet

Quote from: stew on May 29, 2015, 04:29:31 PM
Muppet I thought he was guilty, I just was not willing to take a chance on being wrong and ruin an individual unless the evidence was there.

Blatter runs the most corrupt and biggest sporting body the planet has ever seen, he is the CEO who is in charge of billions of dollars and he has tens of thousands of employees all over the world that are accountable to him.

I have posted enough information on here to help you understand my point of view and I stand by it.

Finally, in my opinion this Prince is not the option either, in the cold light of day I think he will be found wanting for his act in 2010. I just wish Platini would run! ;)

Fair enough.

I am not so convinced by Platini either. Did he switch his vote from the US to Qatar?

Wonderful player though.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

It is such a farce. Reminded me of the Godfather, with all the auld lads in suits, very well fed, kissing each other on the cheek.

From the Bunker

Just shows all the voters out there that owes him favours. Scratch back stuff! He seems to be the Charlie Haughey of Football politics!

foxcommander

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2015, 07:31:28 PM
Just shows all the voters out there that owes him favours. Scratch back stuff! He seems to be the Charlie Haughey of Football politics!

They've all had their hand in the till somewhere along the line - if blatter falls who might he take along with him for the ride. These fellas are all sh** scared since Webb & co might do time in the states.

They need to gut FIFA and start again but will probably end up the same. Always some C*** on the take.

Someone mentioned at work yesterday and I agree with them, why would an official take receipt of a 50k watch as a present if not on the take. Wouldn't it be better to buy 50k's worth of equipment for kids football in your country than wearing something tawdry on your arm. Shows the character of these elected officials.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

johnneycool

Quote from: foxcommander on May 31, 2015, 05:08:44 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2015, 07:31:28 PM

They've all had their hand in the till somewhere along the line - if blatter falls who might he take along with him for the ride. These fellas are all sh** scared since Webb & co might do time in the states.

They need to gut FIFA and start again but will probably end up the same. Always some C*** on the take.

Someone mentioned at work yesterday and I agree with them, why would an official take receipt of a 50k watch as a present if not on the take. Wouldn't it be better to buy 50k's worth of equipment for kids football in your country than wearing something tawdry on your arm. Shows the character of these elected officials.

Sure wur Jim didn't even know he'd got one, found it in his garage after the shít had hit the fan post Brazil.